OT: I'm gone for a while Journey fans

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

OT: I'm gone for a while Journey fans

Postby JourneyTroll » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:12 am

Season's Greetings to all Journey & Steve Perry fans. I'm gone from this board for a while because I am joining the Duran Duran bandwagon!

Duran Duran are going places in 2005 that Journey couldn't even imagine. Look at Duran Duran's 2005 tour locations, look at their new album, their publicity, their hot female fans, their popularity. Now, compare that to tired-face Journey.

I guess some bands still have it, while other bands are called Journey.

Happy Holidays,
Journeytroll :lol:
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby yogi » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:17 am

Who's Duran Duran??????????????? Do you mean Bannana Ramma????
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: OT: I'm gone for a while Journey fans

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:41 am

Journeytroll muttered this garbage--Duran Duran are going places in 2005 that Journey couldn't even imagine. Look at Duran Duran's 2005 tour locations, look at their new album, their publicity, their hot female fans, their popularity. Now, compare that to tired-face Journey.

Do you know how stupid you sound? Duran Duran? Who's next on your list to see "perform," Flock of Seagulls, Human Leaugue, or maybe Donny and Marie? Dude has Duran Duran put out anything, ANYTHING in the last decade that was new, and WE have heard it? At least Journey did put out two efforts, and DID tour, and DOES have another project in motion called Soul Sirkus, and WILL turn out a new CD in 2005.....

Journey has to actually write music, not hit a button on a tinsel keytar, and bop up an down...I'm willing to wager it takes Journey a Hell of lot longer to record "music" than that of the Duran Durans."

So tell me, who is your favorite, Jtroll? Is it Simon! or John, or maybe the guy who wears the pretty makeup, Nick!!

Dude, this is a rock board, not a boppy euro pop board. Jesus!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby JourneyTroll » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:56 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Duran Duran are going places in 2005 that Journey couldn't even imagine. Look at Duran Duran's 2005 tour locations, look at their new album, their publicity, their hot female fans, their popularity. Now, compare that to tired-face Journey.

Do you know how stupid you sound?
(What a wonderful thing to say during the holiday season. Just because I am honest in saying Journey has done nothing to impress me to want to listen to them or see them tour?)

Duran Duran? (Yes, Duran Duran. The band that will have a huge 2005 tour, while Journey won't.)

Who's next on your list to see "perform," Flock of Seagulls, Human Leaugue, or maybe Donny and Marie? (None of the above.)

Dude has Duran Duran put out anything, ANYTHING in the last decade that was new, and WE have heard it? (Sure, they have. Astronaut is a successfull album in England, Canada, and the United States. Much better than Red 13, which deliberately had two covers.)

At least Journey did put out two efforts, and DID tour, and DOES have another project in motion called Soul Sirkus, (Soul Sirkus is not Journey. Need proof: Ask Ross or Jon.) (Plus, Soul Sirkus is Neal's ego-trip and this band will not go anywhere.) and WILL turn out a new CD in 2005.....(Which will be horrible as usual.) (Isn't the name of the new CD "Red 14"?)

Journey has to actually write music, not hit a button on a tinsel keytar, and bop up an down...I'm willing to wager it takes Journey a Hell of lot longer to record "music" than that of the Duran Durans." (Maybe Journey just stinks at recording music now compared to eight years ago when Perry was kicked out of the band.) (Duran Duran has one lead singer, one guitarist, one bass player, one drummer, and one keyboard/synthesizer player.) (Yes, they are more popular than Journey now so get use to it.) (Plus, the hot chicks will be at the Duran Duran concert in 2005.)

So tell me, who is your favorite, Jtroll? Is it Simon! or John, or maybe the guy who wears the pretty makeup, Nick!! (No, I like the band as performers. Much better than Deen with his new tattoo. Is he still on Trim-Spa, or did he gain all of his fat back?)

Dude, this is a rock board, not a boppy euro pop board. (Too bad Journey can't "rock" with material in the 21st Century.) Jesus! (Yes, Jesus likes Duran Duran better than Journey.)

Happy Holidays,
Journeytroll :lol:
[/quote]
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:36 am

To all of you who just "read" Jtrolls nonsense....He deliberately put in comments that I didn't make. I can't believe you have lasted this long on this board.. I can think of so many others here, off the top of my head that contribute in a mature way... But I am the one at fault...I responded to your bullshit.
:!:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Monker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:56 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:But I am the one at fault...I responded to your bullshit.
:!:

Yep.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:11 am

Was that Duran Duran that sang Cruel Cruel Summer, or did they do the Safety Dance????
Rumor does have it that if you want to see Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, or Molly Ringwald( hot chicks??) the place to be will be at a Duran Duran concert or,................................. the mall!!!!!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

?

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:32 am

Never heard of 'em
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:55 am

While I don't agree with JT's comments about Journey, I can see his enthusiasm about Duran Duran. I appreciate their music a hell of a lot more than I did in the 80s. And they DID have two albums in the 90s. I have seen them in concert and what do you know...they put on a good show.
I'm looking forward to seeing Journey in 2005, but Duran Duran should be a good take as well.
The pompous crap by so many of you because someone doesn't agree with you is nauseating. JT gets under your skin because it is so easy to rile a bunch of beautiful people wannabes who bitch and moan incessantly.
Merry Christmas JT! :wink:

Postby yogi » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:00 am

I'm not being pompous, I'm just trying to figure out who the hell Duran Duran is. Are they the ones who brought us Little Willy, Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run, and Love Is Like Oxygen?????????
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Argus » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:11 am

yogi wrote:I'm not being pompous, I'm just trying to figure out who the hell Duran Duran is. Are they the ones who brought us Little Willy, Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run, and Love Is Like Oxygen?????????

Sweet =Steve Priest Brian Connolly Andy Scott Mick Tucker
Ballroom Blitz, Love is Like Oxygen, Fox on the Run

Duran Duran=

After two years, founding members Nick Rhodes (keyboard) and John Taylor (bass) finalize the Duran Duran line up with Roger Taylor (drums), Andy Taylor (guitar) and Simon LeBon (vocals). They begin work on their first record, titled Duran Duran.

Duran Duran support Blondie on their US tour. Their newly released record Rio spawns three UK Top 10 hits - "Hungry Like the Wolf", "Save a Prayer", and "Rio".
Argus
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:44 am

The pompous crap by so many of you because someone doesn't agree with you is nauseating. JT gets under your skin because it is so easy to rile a bunch of beautiful people wannabes who bitch and moan incessantly.
Merry Christmas JT! :wink:[/quote]

Bitch and moan incessantly? Look at the threads' author?!! He is always bitching about Journey. BTW, he doesn't get under my skin, he just to me is nauseating...

Cruel summer..lol
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby yogi » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:08 am

Have The Sweet and Duran Duran ever been seen together?? Could they be one in the same????
Joe Montana and Barry Manilow have never been seen together. I even read at a recent Houston concert Barrys voice went out 45 minutes into the concert, so he entertained the audience the rest of the evening by throwing footballs at targets that were scattered throughout the venue!!!!

So who is Duran Duran???????
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:48 pm

yogi wrote:Have The Sweet and Duran Duran ever been seen together?? Could they be one in the same????
Joe Montana and Barry Manilow have never been seen together. I even read at a recent Houston concert Barrys voice went out 45 minutes into the concert, so he entertained the audience the rest of the evening by throwing footballs at targets that were scattered throughout the venue!!!!

:wink:

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:38 am

ShawRiff wrote:
yogi wrote:Have The Sweet and Duran Duran ever been seen together?? Could they be one in the same????

:wink:

You know Jtroll is right, screw Journey, they are "tired faced" talentless dinosaurs....Hell, give me Missing Persons, After the Fire, Human League, Bananarama, Adam Ant, and good ol Duran Duran(with makeup!) anyday.....
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Return to Journey