The possibility of a 3 hour show for 2005??

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The possibility of a 3 hour show for 2005??

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:39 am

8) Neal has mentioned that they're toying around with this idea....

90 minutes all NEW/NEWER material.

intermission

90 minutes all CLASSICS.

I hope this actually does comes to fruition, because I'm sure many of us will be happy campers! I'm dying to hear that NEW CD, dammit! :wink: :)
User avatar
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:17 am
Location: Florida, USA

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:17 pm

Hey, if Neal said it, I believe it will happen.. After all, it his band now.. And no, no one here can argue that now!!


And I personally like Neals leadership vs. Perrys'....At least Neal does what he says, and actually finishes something he starts..
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:28 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:At least Neal does what he says, and actually finishes something he starts..


OH my.....you're kidding right?
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby piecesofeight » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:54 am

See what he says on his Rockline interview. I am sure it will be brought up.
User avatar
piecesofeight
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1784
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:16 am
Location: larryfromnextdoor's neighbor

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:04 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:And I personally like Neals leadership vs. Perrys'....At least Neal does what he says, and actually finishes something he starts..


Let's not fall victim to extremism. Neal is cool, but he is not infallible.
Of all the many Journey products he's hinted at, almost ALL of them have never seen the light of day.

Still waiting on the Warfield dvd.
Still waiting for his "top secret" mystery Journey idea that was discussed extensively on the boards and interviews but never was fully clarified or came to fruition.
Still, waiting on "Escape 2000" as he promised Arrival to sound like.
Still waiting for those live concert dvds that he discussed possibly burning & releasing at the end of each live show (much like KISS and other acts have done).


I have more predictions of more things Neal speaks of that will never see come true.
He claimed he will give out their new cd for free at concerts much like Prince has done to great success.
My prediction: It will never happen.
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14318
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:40 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:At least Neal does what he says, and actually finishes something he starts..


OH my.....you're kidding right?



As soon as I wrote this, I thought of you, Perryfaithful, and frankly I was trying to compare Schon and his cemented feet in the band, vs. the guy who thought, and then thought some more, then was hurt, then was undecided, then was hurt again, then said, screw you, then felt betrayed, then was ultra quiet, for 10 years, and is quiet again. Did I ever mention I love Perry, but hate the way he communicates, or his lack therof.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Re: The possibility of a 3 hour show for 2005??

Postby yak » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:44 am

jrnyjetster wrote:8) Neal has mentioned that they're toying around with this idea....

90 minutes all NEW/NEWER material.

intermission

90 minutes all CLASSICS.


This sounds GREAT!! And would be sure to please ALL fans of Journey, and could conceivably bring in new fans for Journey. I too hope it comes to fruition.

Any way you can find out more, Andrew?
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby LAWoman » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:And I personally like Neals leadership vs. Perrys'....At least Neal does what he says, and actually finishes something he starts..


Let's not fall victim to extremism. Neal is cool, but he is not infallible.
Of all the many Journey products he's hinted at, almost ALL of them have never seen the light of day.

Still waiting on the Warfield dvd.
Still waiting for his "top secret" mystery Journey idea that was discussed extensively on the boards and interviews but never was fully clarified or came to fruition.
Still, waiting on "Escape 2000" as he promised Arrival to sound like.
Still waiting for those live concert dvds that he discussed possibly burning & releasing at the end of each live show (much like KISS and other acts have done).


I have more predictions of more things Neal speaks of that will never see come true.
He claimed he will give out their new cd for free at concerts much like Prince has done to great success.
My prediction: It will never happen.


I don't recall Neal saying there would be a Warfield DVD. As for some of those other things, some may still come to pass as some things seem to relate to the next tour or the next CD. I'm pretty sure other people have a say in things that pertain to Journey. Just because Neal may have a great idea doesn't mean everyone else will agree to do it or that all things can happen instantly. It's business. But I'd rather hear about the possibilities at least.

As for the 3 hours concert--I would love that, but I think that would be very tiring to keep up for a whole tour.
LAWoman
45 RPM
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:07 pm

Postby jrnyjetster » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:59 pm

:? The Warfield DVD was prematurely announced on journeymusic.com (not by Neal specifically) and of course subsequently scrapped, but it was like pulling teeth to get any kind of a progress report on that DVD until one of the band members finally said that it ain't going to happen. I still think a certain silent partner (directly or indirectly) had to give final approval on this DVD and that is why the band really wasn't talking much about it. This is just my opinion, however, but I think it's fairly obvious.
User avatar
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:17 am
Location: Florida, USA

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:33 am

Why didn't anyone tell me the Journey Board was back??
JOHN, you disappoint me! J/k!!


I love the idea of a 3 hour tour but I think it is a little long for casual fans. It also makes it easy for the casual fan to walk out or come late if they know WHEN the "new" material is going to be played. I think they could still play a 140 minute set, with or without intermission, and mix the new material in. Or do quick, mini-sets of new material...maybe 3-4 songs together. That way if someone goes to the bathroom or on a beer run, Journey would still be playing some new music when they come back. ;)
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests