Who here is flying to Hollywood for the WOF/HOB concert?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Who here is flying to Hollywood for the WOF/HOB concert?

Postby jrnyjetster » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:48 am

:?: Looks like January 21, 2005 is shaping up to be a significant day in Journey history! :)

Andrew, will we see YOU there?
:wink:

These are my predictions;

Rolie, Smitty and Dunbar will make an appearance and will hopefully be performing with the band on stage for a couple of numbers.

Mr. Perry will unfortunately pull another NO-show, BUT, he SHOULD and deserves to be there, nonetheless! At least for the ceremony, anyway..:? Who knows, maybe we'll all be shocked! :lol:

Journey will debut a couple of NEW songs from the upcoming CD! :idea: I think this would be a perfect opportunity!
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Re: Who here is flying to Hollywood for the WOF/HOB concert?

Postby sngrchk04 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:29 am

jrnyjetster wrote::?: Looks like January 21, 2005 is shaping up to be a significant day in Journey history! :)

Andrew, will we see YOU there?
:wink:

These are my predictions;

Rolie, Smitty and Dunbar will make an appearance and will hopefully be performing with the band on stage for a couple of numbers.

Mr. Perry will unfortunately pull another NO-show, BUT, he SHOULD and deserves to be there, nonetheless! At least for the ceremony, anyway..:? Who knows, maybe we'll all be shocked! :lol:

Journey will debut a couple of NEW songs from the upcoming CD! :idea: I think this would be a perfect opportunity!

Hey, who knows.....this thing will happen a day before Steve P.'s birthday - PLUS he's appearing on David Pack's CD - singing a song, not just jumping in here & there, like on Jeff Golub's CD...

....gotta get in that "face time" whenever & wherever, right?? :wink: 8)
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Re: Who here is flying to Hollywood for the WOF/HOB concert?

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:13 am

sngrchk04 wrote:
Hey, who knows.....this thing will happen a day before Steve P.'s birthday - PLUS he's appearing on David Pack's CD - singing a song, not just jumping in here & there, like on Jeff Golub's CD...

....gotta get in that "face time" whenever & wherever, right?? :wink: 8)

Huh? Ok, allright......not seeing it. Big fan....would love it, BUT NOT HAPPENING!! Let's GET REAL!! Birthday? No correlation that I can see. Too bad.......
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:07 pm

I disagree. I really think Perry will show up. Look, it's not touring, it's not recording/singing. It's being recognized for his contribution to the band, and He must read the Web sometimes...!! He has to get this monkey off his back now...This will be a great place. I got 10$ he shows...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:53 pm

I'll kill to be there and sell my dog to afford it, but I can't see it happening.
And it's my birthday too....what a way to celebrate :)

And my best judgement on this = no Perry....I very very much doubt he would attend, but who knows. Would be cool though...
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:02 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:I disagree. I really think Perry will show up. Look, it's not touring, it's not recording/singing. It's being recognized for his contribution to the band, and He must read the Web sometimes...!! He has to get this monkey off his back now...This will be a great place. I got 10$ he shows...

Why would this be any different than the WOF in San Francisco? He should have been there too...but wasn't. And he has already commented that he may visit the star and take a moment to reflect, but he can't see standing next to the other guys.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Journeynut » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:56 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:I
Why would this be any different than the WOF in San Francisco? He should have been there too...but wasn't. And he has already commented that he may visit the star and take a moment to reflect, but he can't see standing next to the other guys.

I am sorry to say I have to agree with you jrnyman.
I wonder if time has made the feud better or worse between them and SP.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:14 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:I disagree. I really think Perry will show up. Look, it's not touring, it's not recording/singing. It's being recognized for his contribution to the band, and He must read the Web sometimes...!! He has to get this monkey off his back now...This will be a great place. I got 10$ he shows...

10 bucks? That's all?? LOL

Hey Andrew...what a birthday treat for you! Wish you could go!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyjetster » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:46 pm

Andrew wrote:I'll kill to be there and sell my dog to afford it, but I can't see it happening.

:idea:
Do you know anyone that works for Qantas or Air New Zealand? If so, maybe they could give you a standby buddy pass? OR, offer these airlines advertising space on your website, in return for a free flight to LAX! Hey...doesn't hurt to ask, right? :) I work for a Star Alliance network carrier here in the states, but unfortunately the only passes I can get are for immediate family only, otherwise I'd help you out if I could, Andrew. Too bad my airline doesn't fly to Australia.
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:19 am

Yeah, Perryfaithful, 10 bucks, and Canadian dollars too....

I really think these guys might feel like this could be their "Hall of Fame" ceremony, and Perry just might come..Hell, he's only a 3 hour Amtrak ride away, or he could hop on his Harley, or I can even pick him up if he desires. I am starting to think that the RnR HOF will snub them(which is criminal), so this may be it....They NEED to get over the initial shock they would feel, if only for a day, and see each other...Just too many gaddammed good moments were created by 80's Journeymen...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:30 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Yeah, Perryfaithful, 10 bucks, and Canadian dollars too....

I really think these guys might feel like this could be their "Hall of Fame" ceremony, and Perry just might come..Hell, he's only a 3 hour Amtrak ride away, or he could hop on his Harley, or I can even pick him up if he desires. I am starting to think that the RnR HOF will snub them(which is criminal), so this may be it....They NEED to get over the initial shock they would feel, if only for a day, and see each other...Just too many gaddammed good moments were created by 80's Journeymen...

Where is Camarillo Rock'n??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby mnmsjrny » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:46 am

Oh, I suppose I'll show up... :wink:

As for Mr. P... all I can say is his invite went in the mail this week. Along with the invites to the other former members - whom I expect will all show up. I'll be one of the most surprised people on the planet if he actually shows up, but hey, stranger things have happened.
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:54 am

This from Rockrage.......now was this in a press release anywhere? The comment about Steve Perry being a "minus?"

"The entire band (minus Steve Perry) that has sold over seventy-five million records since 1973, will be on hand to accept their award in front of the Musician's Institute at 6750 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, CA.

Journey will also be performing a Walk of Fame celebration show at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. The band has promised spontaneous jam sessions along with special surprise guests.
The award ceremony will begin at 11:30AM."
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:56 am

mnmsjrny wrote:Oh, I suppose I'll show up... :wink:

As for Mr. P... all I can say is his invite went in the mail this week. Along with the invites to the other former members - whom I expect will all show up. I'll be one of the most surprised people on the planet if he actually shows up, but hey, stranger things have happened.

His invite to what? Are you talking about the partying/celebration surrounding the event that your Past & present group sponsors?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:44 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
mnmsjrny wrote:Oh, I suppose I'll show up... :wink:

His invite to what? Are you talking about the partying/celebration surrounding the event that your Past & present group sponsors?

I imagine its the invitation to the ceremony and the reception. JPP submitted the application to get the boys on the WOF so the whole thing is pretty much a JPP function even though the ceremony is coordinated by that whole bunch with Johnny Grant--or is that incorect MNM?
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:06 pm

Monkey on his back? I hardly believe Perry feels that way. :roll:
Oh brother... :roll:

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:53 pm

Where is Camarillo Rock'n??[/quote]

40 miles west of Hollywood on the 101...10 miles east of that beautiful community of Oxnard...

J/k, Oxnard is a shithole
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:50 am

Well as a fan of Steve's I would love to see him, but I believe too much has happened between SP & his ex-bandmates, so I'm sure he is not going to be attending the event.

Besides as jrnyman already pointed out here, that Steve has said "He may visit the star and take a moment to reflect, but he can't see standing next to the other guys".

That makes it real clear to me that he is not attending the ceremony.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:57 pm

PROPERRY wrote:

Besides as jrnyman already pointed out here, that Steve has said "He may visit the star and take a moment to reflect, but he can't see standing next to the other guys".

Lori

:shock: Now there's a shocker! :shock:

Sounds like more sour grapes to me. This wouldn't take much effort on his part, and it wouldn't be for any long period of time. And it would be a great thing for the fans. It's not like he doesn't get out and about when he wants to.

Why can't he be a man and attend and let bygones be bygones for a little while? Afterward, he can go back to being whatever he wants to be.

Sorry folks, but he sounds like a big overgrown baby to me, unless he has done something bigtime to the Band and doesn't want to face them.

And face the music, so to speak.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:21 am

yakov wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:

Lori

:shock: Now there's a shocker! :shock:

Sounds like more sour grapes to me. This wouldn't take much effort on his part, and it wouldn't be for any long period of time. And it would be a great thing for the fans. It's not like he doesn't get out and about when he wants to.

Why can't he be a man and attend and let bygones be bygones for a little while? Afterward, he can go back to being whatever he wants to be.

Sorry folks, but he sounds like a big overgrown baby to me, unless he has done something bigtime to the Band and doesn't want to face them.

And face the music, so to speak.
Good post, but I still believe we know only a miniscule bit of the "feud" between Perry and Schon. Although, it is interesting to hear different opinions.

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:16 pm

jrnyjetster wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'll kill to be there and sell my dog to afford it, but I can't see it happening.

:idea:
Do you know anyone that works for Qantas or Air New Zealand? If so, maybe they could give you a standby buddy pass? OR, offer these airlines advertising space on your website, in return for a free flight to LAX! Hey...doesn't hurt to ask, right? :) I work for a Star Alliance network carrier here in the states, but unfortunately the only passes I can get are for immediate family only, otherwise I'd help you out if I could, Andrew. Too bad my airline doesn't fly to Australia.

LOL....many thanks...kind thoughts :)
I already cashed in my last Star Alliance FF miles to get to NZ for our family holiday.
So no points left....or at least, not enough to get me far :(
Andrew
Administrator

Postby mnmsjrny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:41 pm

LAWoman wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:His invite to what? Are you talking about the partying/celebration surrounding the event that your Past & present group sponsors?

I imagine its the invitation to the ceremony and the reception. JPP submitted the application to get the boys on the WOF so the whole thing is pretty much a JPP function even though the ceremony is coordinated by that whole bunch with Johnny Grant--or is that incorect MNM?

You're more or less right Barb. The invitation that went out this week was from Journey management inviting all past members to the star ceremony. It also included an invitation to the JPP reception. The JPP committee was specificially instructed not to send out any invitiations. :)

As I said, I don't expect him to show up, but I'll be as pleased as anyone if he does. Who knows, maybe someone will talk him into it and the JPPers can all sing "Happy Birthday" right? ;-)
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:58 am

[quote="mnmsjrny"]

Hmmmm...a Baltimore radio station reporting Perry will show up for the ceremony but NOT the HOB concert. What to do with that michelle?/
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:40 am

Nope...not happening....no Perry at the ceremony.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby mnmsjrny » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:05 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Hmmmm...a Baltimore radio station reporting Perry will show up for the ceremony but NOT the HOB concert. What to do with that michelle?/

I saw that... It's news to me as much as anyone else. I don't know WHO will be showing up other than the current line up. It'll be great if he shows, but I'll truly be surprised if he does. He's just not shown any interest in it at all...
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Postby Paul_UK » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:00 am

The man is without doubt the voice of Journey and certainly one of the true voices of rock, but I've never known an artist show so little towards fans...if this is true of course.
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby Liz22562 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:23 am

If in fact that statement is true, how very sad.....
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:27 pm

[quote="mnmsjrny"] The JPP committee was specificially instructed not to send out any invitiations. :)

Why was that??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:24 am

Andrew wrote:Nope...not happening....no Perry at the ceremony.

sorry to say, no surprise here. Perry owes his fan base an explanation, but don't hold your breath.

He will continue to laugh all the way to the bank, while his few and far between lotus blossoms keep the home fires burning for nothing.

:( How sad he can't even acknowledge that he has any fans. :( How sad for his fans. :(
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby mnmsjrny » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:03 am

perryfaithful wrote:Why was that??

The big difference between the Bammies WOF and the Hollywood WOF is who's footin' the bill. We took care of all the expenses for the Bammies, the band is takin' care of all the expenses for Hollywood. It's their party, they get to send the invitations. We're just organizing the fans this year. ;-)
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Next

Return to Journey