wouldn't it be cool if

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

wouldn't it be cool if

Postby artinis1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:47 pm

from nick,
steve perry and kalodner released a live dvd box set featuring:
tokyo 80 departure show, this is the last show with greg rollie, i have a crappy vhs version of it, but it is an awesome show, the houston mtv 81 concert of course, budokan 83 from the frontiers era and whatever raised on radio show they are talking about that they have filmed, one big time live dvd set, this would cover all the bases for us perry heads, it would be perfect for release with the walk of fame ceremony coming up,
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:55 pm

I definately want to have a DVD of Gregg Rolie years. And one of Journey pre-Perry would be amazing!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: wouldn't it be cool if

Postby Monker » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:47 pm

artinis1 wrote:from nick,
steve perry and kalodner released a live dvd box set featuring:
tokyo 80 departure show, this is the last show with greg rollie, i have a crappy vhs version of it, but it is an awesome show, the houston mtv 81 concert of course, budokan 83 from the frontiers era and whatever raised on radio show they are talking about that they have filmed, one big time live dvd set, this would cover all the bases for us perry heads, it would be perfect for release with the walk of fame ceremony coming up,

It is going to take two years just to release the Escape concert, I guess something like this would take about ten years to finish.

The Escape show MAY happen, but I don't think it's definite. I have doubts about the ROR show...and I absolutely do not believe Perry would want to work on anything past that.
Monker
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:23 am

Why is the Band so Hell bent on releasing Escape material? It was indeed great, but why put out one DVD of Escape(pre-82), when they can put out a ROR that will bump the songs(the hits), by about 11....front side of Frontiers, the 4 hits off ROR, and Ask the Lonely, and Only the Young??

I loved the Infinity-Departure albums, I'll take the Escape thru ROR era instead.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Monker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:07 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Why is the Band so Hell bent on releasing Escape material? It was indeed great, but why put out one DVD of Escape(pre-82), when they can put out a ROR that will bump the songs(the hits), by about 11....front side of Frontiers, the 4 hits off ROR, and Ask the Lonely, and Only the Young??

I loved the Infinity-Departure albums, I'll take the Escape thru ROR era instead.

IMO, it is because the audio to that concert is available in a high quality format and can easily be transfered to DVD 5.1...if they took the time to do it. It is also the most popular era for Journey and is a familiar concert to the fans, who saw it on MTV and even Nickelodeon at one time.
Monker
MP3

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:45 pm

It has been said, that final show from Japan w/Gregg Rolie of the DEPARTURE tour, is supposed to be amazing! I wonder how good the master tape is? I would give anything to have this show on DVD!

I'd forfeit the Houston Escape DVD, I've seen it at least 100 times anyway...besides, there are some good highlights of that show on the Greatest Hits DVD, along with the ROR tour. I'm content with that for now...Give me some real OBSCURE classic Journey anyday AND MORE current stuff with AUGERI and CASTRONOVO! ;)
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey