"Seperate Ways" video...

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

"Seperate Ways" video...

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:15 pm

...has to win the Best Song/Worse Video Award! :wink:
Bang those trash cans Smitty!!!! :P :wink:

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:22 pm

I love the keyboard that's conveniently "stuck" to the wall. It's hilarious!
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:49 pm

As a Journey fan, I am/was/is till, embarrassed. Beavis and Butthead made fun of it, and I believe they shit canned it for good on MTV...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:31 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:As a Journey fan, I am/was/is till, e<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=MBA">MBA</a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=MBA">MBA</a></a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=MBA">MBA</a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=MBA">mba</a></a></a>rrassed. Beavis and Butthead made fun of it, and I believe they shit canned it for good on MTV...
RnD...it kind of deserved to be made fun of...it was such a bad video.
Oh, and it was Mike Judge who made fun of it. Beavis and Butthead are cartoon characters... :wink: :roll:

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:23 am

Oh, and it was Mike Judge who made fun of it. Beavis and Butthead are cartoon characters... :wink: :roll:[/quote]

Are you sure? I swear I saw those two kids saying it...maybe your incorrect?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:59 am

Mike Judge was the creator of Beavis and Butthead. So it was him slagging the video.

Mike Judge was also responsible for Winger's demise.

I would have sued!!
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:23 am

Fernando Ramirez wrote:Mike Judge was the creator of Beavis and Butthead. So it was him slagging the video.

Mike Judge was also responsible for Winger's demise.

I would have sued!!

Dude, I know. Geez, I know that most of the American electorate is stupid, but come on? Just trying to get a response, and you took the bait. lol
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Re: "Seperate Ways" video...

Postby sngrchk04 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:20 am

ShawRiff wrote:...has to win the Best Song/Worse Video Award! :wink:

I remember reading somewhere that Steve P. was so irritated & pissed off at the whole concept of this video that when they taped it, and Steve and the others had to "play along" and "lip-synch" to the playback, Steve actually sang along with the playback....and was so adrenalized by his anger that HE COULD BE HEARD CLEARLY ABOVE THE TRACK.....which was played at a very loud decibel. :shock:

Think of that the next time you see this video, and watch his throat.....there's a lot of stress going on....which proves that yes he was singing....with a LOT of effort.
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:57 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote: Dude, I know. Geez, I know that most of the American electorate is stupid, but come on? Just trying to get a response, and you took the bait. lol

Sorry, Deano! Didn't realize you were joking with Shawriff.
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Re: "Seperate Ways" video...

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:28 am

Hey Nora, I remember hearing that Micheal Stipe of REM was the same way. He didn't lip-sync for videos...he actually sang them.

sngrchk04 wrote:
ShawRiff wrote:...has to win the Best Song/Worse Video Award! :wink:

I remember reading somewhere that Steve P. was so irritated & pissed off at the whole concept of this video that when they taped it, and Steve and the others had to "play along" and "lip-synch" to the playback, Steve actually sang along with the playback....and was so adrenalized by his anger that HE COULD BE HEARD CLEARLY ABOVE THE TRACK.....which was played at a very loud decibel. :shock:

Think of that the next time you see this video, and watch his throat.....there's a lot of stress going on....which proves that yes he was singing....with a LOT of effort.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby realrockfan30 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:37 am

Yeah I have to say this was a pretty cheesy video for such a great song! In my mind when I listen to the song, I picture such an awesome video to it! The band is playing on a stage (with real instruments not air guitar..hehehe)...a verbal fight scene between one of the band members and a girlfriend...the door slamming as the cymbol crashes....another cymbol crash and you see the girl throwing a vase of flowers against the wall.....

Maybe I'm in the wrong business..lol!!!
Whatever happened to good ol' rock and roll?
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Postby JourneyTroll » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:15 am

Does anyone remember the ugly bi*ch in the video of Separate Ways? What was her problem? What a skank! Was she too good for Steve Perry and Journey?

Did anyone else see the end of the video when this moron was sleeping with a headset on? Ha ha! I hope she is deaf now! I think I served her dinner when I volunteered at a soup kitchen in Boston!

She has to be one of the ugliest women ever in a Journey video!

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:34 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Does anyone remember the ugly bi*ch in the video of Separate Ways? What was her problem? What a skank! Was she too good for Steve Perry and Journey?

Did anyone else see the end of the video when this moron was sleeping with a headset on? Ha ha! I hope she is deaf now! I think I served her dinner when I volunteered at a soup kitchen in Boston!

Journeytroll

Troll, Troll. Troll......... :roll: What brings you out tonight??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyTroll » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:45 am

perryfaithful wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Does anyone remember the ugly bi*ch in the video of Separate Ways? What was her problem? What a skank! Was she too good for Steve Perry and Journey?

Journeytroll

Troll, Troll. Troll......... :roll: What brings you out tonight??

I couldn't stand the skank in the video then, and I don't like her now. You should have been in the video because I like you. :wink:

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby DarrenUK » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:13 am

The video aint that bad when you consider it only cost $55.00

$50 for the security guard to let them use the docks on a Sunday morning and $5 for the hooker used in the video to walk up and down.
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby tawnole » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:42 am

I thought the girl in the video was Tane McClure, J. Cain's woman!? I think I read that somewhere... :?
tawnole
Fresh Air

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:38 am

tawnole wrote:I thought the girl in the video was Tane McClure, J. Cain's woman!? I think I read that somewhere... :?

No, that is not Tane McClure. You see a picture of Tane in the Faithfully video, you can compare. Also, Tane stars in a lot of "soft" movies that air on CineMAX late at night.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:23 am

DarrenUK wrote:The video aint that bad when you consider it only cost $55.00

$50 for the security guard to let them use the docks on a Sunday morning and $5 for the hooker used in the video to walk up and down.

Dude, I don't know what the hookers in England are all about, but you don't "get nothin'" in the States for 5 bucks. If you're lucky you might get a "something" for $25 in a back alley in Wichita, KS.

And Troll, dude, you amaze me. yes her face looked like someone started a fire on it, and then tried to put it out with a weedwhacker, but she did dress provacative didn't she? She had on sexy pumps, and stockings, and even walked sexy...but yeah, the face, hideous.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby yak » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 am

I think that maybe she looked and was dressed that way was because she was playing a CHARACTER???

Is anybody sure that wasn't one of Perry's girlfriends at the time? (NO, I am not thinking of Sherrie Swafford)

Good Grief what a blistering bunch.
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey