Ya think Steve Perry would accept a phone call from AUGERI?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Ya think Steve Perry would accept a phone call from AUGERI?

Postby jrnyjetster » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:35 pm

:idea: Perhaps Mr. Augeri could be a sort of mediator in convincing Mr. Perry that he should be at the WOF ceremony on January 21st. Do you think Perry would take the call from Augeri?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Re: Ya think Steve Perry would accept a phone call from AUGE

Postby Monker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:58 pm

jrnyjetster wrote: Do you think Perry would take the call from Augeri?

No. And, even if he did, if Perry can't listen to Journey fans, why would he listen to Augeri?
Monker
MP3

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:05 am

jrnyjetster wrote::idea: Perhaps Mr. Augeri could be a sort of mediator in convincing Mr. Perry that he should be at the WOF ceremony on January 21st. Do you think Perry would take the call from Augeri?
Why wouldn't he accept a call from Augeri? I doubt Perry has any ill will towards Steve A. at all. Whether Augeri could talk him into attending the ceremony, I have no idea, and, frankly, I really could care less.

Postby JoeFan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:29 am

Why would Steve Perry take a phone call that was for Steve Augeri? Just because Steve Augeri mimics Steve Perry's voice on stage doesn't mean they sound alike on the phone. :lol:
JoeFan
Fresh Air

Postby Paul_UK » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:25 am

Quite frankly I couldn't give a monkey's nut whether Perry is there or not! - If he doesn't care, why should we?
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby yak » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:09 pm

jrnyjetster wrote::idea: Perhaps Mr. Augeri could be a sort of mediator in convincing Mr. Perry that he should be at the WOF ceremony on January 21st. Do you think Perry would take the call from Augeri?

Why should Steve Augeri dirty his hands on the telephone, or lower lower himself to call the portuguese god?

Nobody needs Perry to surface and show his aging face.

Monkey nuts it is, Paul UK!! :lol: I don't give a rats patoot if he isn't there. He obviously wants to get away from Journey, except when it comes to giving up his cash cow. And Damn to the lotus blossum fans. :P
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:51 pm

yakov wrote:
Why should Steve Augeri dirty his hands on the telephone, or lower lower himself to call the portuguese god?

Nobody needs Perry to surface and show his aging face.

Monkey nuts it is, Paul UK!! :lol: I don't give a rats patoot if he isn't there. He obviously wants to get away from Journey, except when it comes to giving up his cash cow. And Damn to the lotus blossum fans. :P

...and close this one also! Once nasty, always nasty NO matter what the nic
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:23 pm

:shock:

:roll:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:34 pm

I agree that there is no need for Yakov to speak that way here.

As for Perry accepting a phone call...my understanding is that the guys do not have Perry's number and have to do everything through his lawyers.

Either way, I think it is quite clear that only Perry will decide whether Perry will show up. And from past comments it is very doubtful.

I am very excited, however, that there is a good chance that Smitty will be there!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:49 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:
I am very excited, however, that there is a good chance that Smitty will be there!

Hey Dave, where did you hear that?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:51 pm

"As for Perry accepting a phone call...my understanding is that the guys do not have Perry's number and have to do everything through his lawyers."

actually, the phone and lawyors aren't the only way to contact people. They all have homes in the Bay area...one could just stop by?? Hey, just a thought....LOL!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:56 am

Smitty is coming? :D
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:34 am

Smitty is in town during that time-frame and he seems to have no problem dealing with Journey-related things so I would also guess he will show. For anyone who has gone to any of Smitty's shows or his clinics, he is very nice to fans and will talk about Journey without any problems if people ask questions.

As for anyone asking Perry to come--why would anyone have to do anything special to have him show? Clearly he was invited. If people believe what they say about Journey being all about the Perry years, blah, blah, wouldn't he have the idea that he has every right to be there? Why would an invitation from the newer members of Journey make him want to attend? He either accepts the invitation from the fans or not.

The WOF is all about the fans getting this honor for the members of Journey. If he wants to turn his back on that--well, like it or not, his past behavior has led me to expect as much from him. If he shows I will be totally shocked. If he can't put the past aside for 30 minutes and just show his face to say thanks to the fans, in my opinion that is just a very sad statement about where he is mentally. He is the one who is missing out.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 pm

Ya know, maybe Perry DOES read all the bile about him and says FUCK YOU to the fans...I wouldn't blame him.

Postby yak » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:35 am

Monker wrote:
jrnyjetster wrote: Do you think Perry would take the call from Augeri?

No. And, even if he did, if Perry can't listen to Journey fans, why would he listen to Augeri?

That's a mad good point, Monker. He won't be showing up anywhere or be taking any calls from anybody. And why do some insist on putting Steve A in the middle of everything? Steve is simply an all around good guy who took over as frontman when Perry no longer wanted to work. :D

It has nothing to do with any bile written here. :roll: Or anywhere else. Perry just plain doesn't want any part of Journey anymore, or his fans obviously, so let the Journey guys move on without him already, and be done with it. .
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:45 am

LAWoman wrote:
The WOF is all about the fans getting this honor for the members of Journey. If he wants to turn his back on that--well, like it or not, his past behavior has led me to expect as much from him. If he shows I will be totally shocked. If he can't put the past aside for 30 minutes and just show his face to say thanks to the fans, in my opinion that is just a very sad statement about where he is mentally. He is the one who is missing out.

Very well put. :wink:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:32 pm

LAWoman wrote:Smitty is in town during that time-frame and he seems to have no problem dealing with Journey-related things so I would also guess he will show. For anyone who has gone to any of Smitty's shows or his clinics, he is very nice to fans and will talk about Journey without any problems if people ask questions.

As for anyone asking Perry to come--why would anyone have to do anything special to have him show? Clearly he was invited. If people believe what they say about Journey being all about the Perry years, blah, blah, wouldn't he have the idea that he has every right to be there? Why would an invitation from the newer members of Journey make him want to attend? He either accepts the invitation from the fans or not.

I think it is great that Steve Smith has no problems dealing with Journey-related things, and is able to answer the fans questions concerning Journey. :D 8)

I guess him & Steve Perry have something in common in the way they are ABLE to handle themselves in public interviews. Steve Perry's interviews has ALWAYS been positive towards his former bandmates of Journey.

I wish Neal could have put his OWN feelings aside all those times he made negative remarks towards Steve in his interviews, but I guess that just shows where Neal is mentally in NOT being able to handle himself in public interviews.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby LAWoman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:27 am

PROPERRY wrote:
LAWoman wrote:Smitty is in town during that time-frame and he seems to have no problem dealing with Journey-related things so I would also guess he will show. For anyone who has gone to any of Smitty's shows or his clinics, he is very nice to fans and will talk about Journey without any problems if people ask questions.

I think it is great that Steve Smith has no problems dealing with Journey-related things, and is able to answer the fans questions concerning Journey. :D 8)

I guess him & Steve Perry have something in common in the way they are ABLE to handle themselves in public interviews. Steve Perry's interviews has ALWAYS been positive towards his former bandmates of Journey.

I wish Neal could have put his OWN feelings aside all those times he made negative remarks towards Steve in his interviews, but I guess that just shows where Neal is mentally in NOT being able to handle himself in public interviews.

Lori

Seems like this has come up before. Please cite one example of Neal's "negative remarks toward Steve in his interviews". We all know how Perry felt about Journey--he never felt a part of it.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:12 am

LAWoman wrote:
Seems like this has come up before. Please cite one example of Neal's "negative remarks toward Steve in his interviews". We all know how Perry felt about Journey--he never felt a part of it.

LOL....was waiting for that
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey