FIRE UP! This is a BIG WEEK for Journey! First......

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

FIRE UP! This is a BIG WEEK for Journey! First......

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:03 pm

Neal is being interviewed by Bob Coburn on Rockline!

anyone calling in?? What do you want to know? (even if you can't call in...what would you ask anyway?)
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:43 pm

:idea:

How's the new Journey album shaping up in the studio? How would you compare THIS Journey effort to previous studio releases? Can the fans expect a couple of kick ass anthem rockers on it? Have you set a target date for it's release, yet?

Is Journey considering going with a NEW LABEL?

Is Journey planning a HUGE tour for this year and will you mix up the setlists with a good dose of the NEW material this time around?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:50 pm

How's the new Journey album shaping up in the studio?

They don't enter the studi until Feb 1. Neal says it will be a new Journey sound.

Is Journey considering going with a NEW LABEL?

Yes indeed. Plans well underway.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:58 pm

:wink: This is getting interesting, Andrew! Thanks for the info.

BTW, Is it a MAJOR label or an indie? You've probably divulged too much already, though... :)
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Yeah, probably....

The band are doign what all bands would do though - take a look at the offers on the table and see which deliver the best....
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:25 pm

Just one wrod to say to you Andrew...SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!

Thank you!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Journeynut » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:37 pm

They don't enter the studi until Feb 1. Neal says it will be a new Journey sound.

I am wondering what a new journey sound is.
Not that I want more of the same old same old,
but the journey style is what makes journey great to me.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:03 am

Journeynut wrote:

:D

What's the old saying about screwing with a good thing??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:29 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Journeynut wrote:

:D

What's the old saying about screwing with a good thing??

Making new music does not erase the entire Journey catalogue. Playing it safe is not what gets great music or great anything.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby yak » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 am

LAWoman wrote:Making new music does not erase the entire Journey catalogue. Playing it safe is not what gets great music or great anything.

Absolutely!! It was Perry himself who used to say the band would get together and want to do something different for a new album. Wasn't that exactly what happened with Raised On Radio? The album Perryites love so much? It is ok if Perry does it, but not when Neal and the band want to do the same? :?: :?:

Thank you Andrew, for all the GREAT news!!
8)
yak
Cassette Tape

Re: FIRE UP! This is a BIG WEEK for Journey! First......

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:03 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Neal is being interviewed by Bob Coburn on Rockline!

anyone calling in?? What do you want to know? (even if you can't call in...what would you ask anyway?)

How about BACK to the ? WHO is calling in and what do you want to know?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:36 am

While ROR was probably the most noticeable change (and the most obvious POP attempt), every Journey CD sounds different. Arrival had some moments but was unfortunately plagued by Sony dictating that they wanted the stuff that sounded most like Perry-era Journey. (As much as I love Arrival, I don't listen to it as much anymore because of that.) There is nothing wrong with Journey trying something new..they always have.

Neal said that some of the music they are recording has a sound reminiscent of the Who. So it seems some early classic rock influences have seeped in. And Steve has been contributing alot to the new music, something he has not been able to do up to this point. That would certainly create a different flavor to the music. And that is definately a must...to have the lead singer put his own 'stamp' on the CD!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Line Of Fire » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:59 am

jrnyman28 wrote:While ROR was probably the most noticeable change (and the most obvious POP attempt), every Journey CD sounds different. Arrival had some moments but was unfortunately plagued by Sony dictating that they wanted the stuff that sounded most like Perry-era Journey. (As much as I love Arrival, I don't listen to it as much anymore because of that.) There is nothing wrong with Journey trying something new..they always have.

Neal said that some of the music they are recording has a sound reminiscent of the Who. So it seems some early classic rock influences have seeped in. And Steve has been contributing alot to the new music, something he has not been able to do up to this point. That would certainly create a different flavor to the music. And that is definately a must...to have the lead singer put his own 'stamp' on the CD!

I'm down with that...looking forward to hearing what they come up with...
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Postby LAWoman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:15 am

So now Perry has been invited publicly to the WOF and the HOB concert on both the Mark & Brian show & Rockline. Neal could not have been more sincere. So for those who kept going on about how Neal should just take the first step, make the call, blah, blah--well he did. The rest is up to Perry.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby JourneyTroll » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:18 am

LAWoman wrote:So now Perry has been invited publicly to the WOF and the HOB concert on both the Mark & Brian show & Rockline. Neal could not have been more sincere. So for those who kept going on about how Neal should just take the first step, make the call, blah, blah--well he did. The rest is up to Perry.

Who cares about whether Perry shows up? Journey is still going to put out another lousy album in 2005.

Journeytroll
Last edited by JourneyTroll on Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Marabelle » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:43 am

I just think all of this is just great fun. Everyone should lighten up; it's like the greatest time, never to happen again and why not celebrate the event and the band without the arguments. It's a party!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:52 pm

I must say that this has been a very exciting week to be a Journey fan.

*The WOF and HOB gig with Aynsley, George, Smitty and Robert definately planning on being there.
*Neal on Mark & Brian and Rockline.
*A new Neal solo album on the way.
*More Soul SirkUS attention including re-recording new bass and drums as well as adding some more guitar.
*A new Journey CD on the way
*A 3 1/2-4 hour Journey concert next tour to span the entire career of Journey.
*A CD included with the ticket price.

Great information and events!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:57 am

Prairie Prince better not even think about showing up unless he brings his own broom.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:09 am

jrnyman28 wrote:I must say that this has been a very exciting week to be a Journey fan.

*The WOF and HOB gig with Aynsley, George, Smitty and Robert definately planning on being there.
*Neal on Mark & Brian and Rockline.
*A new Neal solo album on the way.
*More Soul SirkUS attention including re-recording new bass and drums as well as adding some more guitar.
*A new Journey CD on the way
*A 3 1/2-4 hour Journey concert next tour to span the entire career of Journey.
*A CD included with the ticket price.

Great information and events!
J-man, Journey plans to play for up to 4 hours???? That's news to me....good news...but still news to me. :wink:

Postby Monker » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:31 am

Journeynut wrote:

I am wondering what a new journey sound is.
Not that I want more of the same old same old,

which Journey style is that?

The jazz fusion sound on the first two albums?
That fusion but "we want more vocals" sound on Next?
That Progressive meets pop sound on Infinity?
That early Journey pop-rock sound on Evolution?
That harder pop-rock sound on Departure?
That dreamy instrumental sound on "Dream After Dream?"
That 80's melodic rock sound on Escape?
That progressive 80's melodic rock sound on Frontiers
That 80's pop meets 50's pop sound on ROR?
That Journey meets Neal's "Beyond the Thunder" sound on TBF?
That "meet the new guy" sound on Arrival?
That raw rock sound on Red 13?
Monker
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:28 am

ShawRiff wrote: J-man, Journey plans to play for up to 4 hours???? That's news to me....good news...but still news to me. :wink:

Yeah, Neal mentioned it on Rockline. It started out as 3 hours and now he is saying around 4 hours. There will be an intermission and the show will cover all eras of Journey. This is exciting to me. Neal mentioned the possibilities of playing Of A Lifetime and Topaz and Winds Of March. How cool is that!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:55 am

Not to be pessimistic, but how on earth is Augeri's voice gonna be able to endure that? I don't care how many songs Deen sings. If Augeri is covering the brunt of the set list (like this past tour) then there's no way, night after night, for 4 hours straight will he be able to sustain his voice. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone else's thoughts?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:05 pm

Noble Cause, I imagine that A) there will be plenty of Augeri singing; B) There will be plenty of Jon singing Gregg stuff; C) Thhere could be a chance of Neal singing a couple of tunes D) There will be instrumental breaks where Neal and the band are jamming; E) Deen will be singing; F) Ross will probably still have a song as well; G) There is an intermission (Although I wonder if that is actually good for the vocals, they have to stay 'warmed-up' right?).

I am sure the key to the endurance on this tour will be arranging the set-list. And Steve will probably be working on strengthening his vocals even more. I heard Sebastian Bach talk about his time on Broadway and how much he was able to improve and strengthen his voice using the proper techniques. Steve will, I am sure, be 'working out' his vocal chords to get them in the best shape possible.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Return to Journey