Can't Let You GO!!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Can't Let You GO!!

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:47 pm

Sounds like Neals guest radio appearance with Mark and Brian this AM just couldn't get away from questions about Steve Perry! It seems HE is still the ONE!! Nothing I can do about it
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:10 pm

I think it was nice to mention Steve's name in their conversation.

Personally I think Neal has a lot of respect for Steve's talent and Steve probably feels the same way about Neal. The music they made together!
Wow! How can you not feel Journey was pure magic!

(my humble opinon)
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Re: Can't Let You GO!!

Postby yak » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:43 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Sounds like Neals guest radio appearance with Mark and Brian this AM just couldn't get away from questions about Steve Perry! It seems HE is still the ONE!! Nothing I can do about it

Good Grief, here we go again...What did you do, call up your buddies, start a phone tree, and pounce on the radio station?
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:39 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Sounds like Neals guest radio appearance with Mark and Brian this AM just couldn't get away from questions about Steve Perry! It seems HE is still the ONE!! Nothing I can do about it

Yeah, yeah, yeah...and if Neal didn't mention his name you'd be remonstrating....
"how dare he not mention Perry's name in conjunction with the upcoming Walk of Fame ceremony. Everyone knows that Neal owes Perry everything!"

Slightly different song, same broken record.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:56 pm

No doubt. When I talk to casual Journey fans many say they didn't even realize the band was still making music after Perry left.
Of course, that has as much to do with the bands miserable promotion of Arrival as Perry leaving.

Postby Line Of Fire » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:11 am

Of course, that has as much to do with the bands miserable promotion of Arrival as Perry leaving.

I bet a lot of them didn't even know about 'TBF' either.
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:16 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...and if Neal didn't mention his name you'd be remonstrating....
"how dare he not mention Perry's name in conjunction with the upcoming Walk of Fame ceremony. Everyone knows that Neal owes Perry everything!"

Yea, read and weep! Wasn't Neal talking Perry, it was the hosts and fans. After all this time Perry is still who people want to know about when it comes to the subject of JOURNEY!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:42 am

perryfaithful wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Yea, read and weep! Wasn't Neal talking Perry, it was the hosts and fans. After all this time Perry is still who people want to know about when it comes to the subject of JOURNEY!

Umm, and this proves what exactly? Why are you rubbing this in people's faces? To start trouble, right? Just how old are you? You do realize that Perry isn't in this band by choice or after 7 years has that yet to sink in yet?
Andrew-for the last time, please ban this mentally sick woman.

Moreover, can you please enligten me as to just what exactly there is for Journey fans to "weep" about currently? The fans are about to see their band get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, soon they will hold in their hands a new dvd, a new cd, and will be enjoying a 3 & 1/2 hour tour this year. I think all fans agree, it's truly a great time to be a Journey fan.
If anyone should be boo-hooing and shooting through the kleenex, it would be Perryheads like yourself still mourning the self-imposed loss of their idol. So eat your heart out!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Line Of Fire » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:59 am

Moreover, can you please enligten me as to just what exactly there is for Journey fans to "weep" about currently? The fans are about to see their band get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, soon they will hold in their hands a new dvd, a new cd, and will be enjoying a 3 & 1/2 hour tour this year. I think all fans agree, it's truly a great time to be a Journey fan.
If anyone should be boo-hooing and shooting through the kleenex, it would be Perryheads like yourself still mourning the self-imposed loss of their idol. So eat your heart out!

HERE HERE!!!! WHOOOO!!!!!

I am 33 years old, and I LOVE Perry-era Journey. But I am awake enough to realize Perry CHOSE to not be in the band and that Augeri is AMAZING!! LONG LIVE JOURNEY!!!!!!
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:05 am

There was interest and conversation re Steve Perry on this radio show, initiated by the hosts! Reporting what I heard.....simple, fair information.

The "big deal" is being MADE elsewhere here. Some still can;t seem to hear about interest in Steve Perry without going into convulsions and telling others how they should be thinking.

How about calm down, catch your breathe and go enjoy all that stuff you are talking about.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Line Of Fire » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:36 am

I think it'd be cool if Perry & Augeri did a couple songs together live someday...to show there's no hard feelings...
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Postby yak » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:54 am

perryfaithful wrote:Yea, read and weep! Wasn't Neal talking Perry, it was the hosts and fans. After all this time Perry is still who people want to know about when it comes to the subject of JOURNEY!

So where IS Perry??? Hiding out in one of his mansions hoping nobody comes to get him? All this undying devotion from a handful of lotus blossoms and he doesn't give a rat's patoot. That SHOULD tell you something!

perryfaithful wrote: Some still can;t seem to hear about interest in Steve Perry without going into convulsions and telling others how they should be thinking.

Pot...Kettle...Black...Part deux :lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:46 am

yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote: Some still can;t seem to hear about interest in Steve Perry without going into convulsions and telling others how they should be thinking.

Ah...how does my or anyone elses simple posting of information regarding Steve Perry become a mandate for you to change your thinking?? Said this a million times....some of you (and I do mean ONLY SOME of you) supposedly adoring fans of the current line up of Journey sure don't come across as secure and MATURE in your beliefs when you have to hassle people who are on another page of Journey. You should just walk on by!!!!!!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:43 am

perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:

Ah...how does my or anyone elses simple posting of information regarding Steve Perry become a mandate for you to change your thinking?? Said this a million times....some of you (and I do mean ONLY SOME of you) supposedly adoring fans of the current line up of Journey sure don't come across as secure and MATURE in your beliefs when you have to hassle people who are on another page of Journey. You should just walk on by!!!!!!

Lies, lies, lies and more lies. How disingenous. You didn't simply post some information for the altruistic benefit of informing everyone here. Look at how your post is stated. You're tone is bragadocious and obviously written with the most invidious of intentions. Simply stating information would've have called for nothing more than a succinct innocouous sentence stating "Gee golly, Perry was sure talked alot on the radio". But you didn't say that. No sir, you included your own unecessary incendiary opinion(s) into the mix along with the harmless fact that Perry was discussed on-air. You insitgatingly wrote,
It seems HE is still the ONE!! Nothing I can do about it.
and
After all this time Perry is still who people want to know about when it comes to the subject of JOURNEY!

Well, guess what?-those are only your opinions, missy, and the other people here are just as entitled to stating their opinions, as you are to yours. So quit playing the role of perrenial helpless victim saying "oh woe is me. All I did is post a harmless honest factoid or two. Please let me be."
Bullshit.
You deliberately made remarks of a malicious nature on here knowing it would piss current Journey/Augeri fans off and now that they are, you can't seem to take it. Well, too bad. Here's a future word of advice....
Quit dishing it out if you can't take it!!!!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Journeynut » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:57 am

Gee Golly Perry was sure talked about a lot on the radio!
And I thought the topic (on the radio) was supposed to be Neal, Journey and the current events!
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am

Journeynut wrote:And I thought the topic was supposed to be Neal, Journey and the current events!

Oh yeah?
And you predicated that on just what exactly?
Neal was on there to talk about a wide array of things, but, mostly to promote the Walk of Fame Ceremony which is in honor of all eras of the band including the one with Steve Perry.
Why on earth would you expect his name to be somehow off-limits?

Oh, that's right, you really don't.
-Neither you nor Perryfaithful truly believe in what you're saying and are just causing trouble in hopes of the board getting shut down again and screwing over fans of the current era.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Journeynut » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:24 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Journeynut wrote:And I thought the topic was supposed to be Neal, Journey and the current events!

Oh yeah?
And you predicated that on just what exactly?
Neal was on there to talk about a wide array of things, but, mostly to promote the Walk of Fame Ceremony which is in honor of all eras of the band including the one with Steve Perry.
Why on earth would you expect his name to be somehow off-limits?

Oh, that's right, you really don't.
-Neither you nor Perryfaithful truly believe in what you're saying and are just causing trouble in hopes of the board getting shut down again and screwing over fans of the current era.

I expected it to be off limits because I would expect any mention of the name Steve Perry to Neal would bring a torrent of words not approved by the FCC.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:45 pm

Journeynut wrote:I expected it to be off limits because I would expect any mention of the name Steve Perry to Neal would bring a torrent of words not approved by the FCC.

FIRST
Puh-leeze. The only time Neal did that was when he was being repeatedly verbally attacked by a poster who was doing nothing but antagonizing a difficult situation.

SECOND
The SIMPLE reason why Perry is asked about in conversations with a Journey context is because NO ONE seems to know what he is doing! Neal was close to Perry, so Neal gets asked about Perry in the hopes that he might know something. It is pure curiosity.

THIRD
The SAD thing is how hard everyone is trying to get ahold of Perry and get him to the WOF to NO AVAIL! I am glad everyone wants him at the ceremony and concert, I think it has been a wonderful outpouring of sincerity. I am saddened that there are NO indications that it matters to Perry at all.

FINALLY
If he shows it will be a beautiful thing. But it is going to be a wonderful occassion anyway. Public opinion does not and has never shaped Perry's decisions and I respect that.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:52 pm

I think we can all agree that Perry is the most intriguing member/former member of Journey, as far as the miniscule amount of overall Journey fans who actually post on any of the sites.

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:50 pm

Perry is an enigma...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:00 am

Steve Perry is & was Journey at their best. Everyone else in the band was just part of the Journey ride.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:32 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Steve Perry is & was Journey at their best. Everyone else in the band was just part of the Journey ride.

Journeytroll

Shut up Troll...you have a 3rd grade mentality.

I'm here to say after reading this post, I would have to conclude all the Perry haters can eat crow....the dude sacked up, and showed up.....
Perry supporters are correct in that he probably was the biggest star in the band, but you'd be a fool to dsay Journey could have reached stardom without Neal and Cain.....

Yeah, Perry hiding in his mansion...what? are you jealous? Because he doesn't live in a trailer??
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:20 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Steve Perry is & was Journey at their best. Everyone else in the band was just part of the Journey ride.

Journeytroll

I'm here to say after reading this post, I would have to conclude all the Perry haters can eat crow....the dude sacked up, and showed up.....
Perry supporters are correct in that he probably was the biggest star in the band, but you'd be a fool to dsay Journey could have reached stardom without Neal and Cain.....

Yeah, Perry hiding in his mansion...what? are you jealous? Because he doesn't live in a trailer??
I live in a trailer and find it very cozy...geez, such anger and venom in your posts. I think you need to get laid, maybe then you'll relax a little.

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:43 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:

Journeytroll

Face it Deano. Steve Perry made Journey #1 not Neal Schon. Neal was in the band from the beginning and their first three albums stunk. Neal and Jon were in Bad English and that band soon disbanded.

So, if you disagree with someone's opinion, you tell them to shut up. Who has the 3rd grade social maturity now????

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:44 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Face it Deano. Steve Perry made Journey #1 not Neal Schon. Neal was in the band from the beginning and their first three albums stunk.

Firstly, as you already well know, the band didn't have any major success until the arrival of Jonathan Cain. Steve Perry had released 3 albums with the band up to that point with hardly any major mainstream success. Whose fault is that?

JourneyTroll wrote:Neal and Jon were in Bad English and that band soon disbanded.

Yeah so? What of it? Steve Perry was in Journey and that disbanded, too.
In fact, he was the guy who did the disbanding.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Line Of Fire » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:13 am

the band didn't have any major success until the arrival of Jonathan Cain. Steve Perry had released 3 albums with the band up to that point with hardly any major mainstream success.

Very true...I think Cain had as much to do with Journey's early 80's, stadium filling success as Perry did...

Many of the songs we consider "classics" w/ Perry barely charted Top 100 at the time of their release...
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Face it Deano. Steve Perry made Journey #1 not Neal Schon. Neal was in the band from the beginning and their first three albums stunk.

Firstly, as you already well know, the band didn't have any major success until the arrival of Jonathan Cain. Steve Perry had released 3 albums with the band up to that point with hardly any major mainstream success. Whose fault is that?

JourneyTroll wrote:Neal and Jon were in Bad English and that band soon disbanded.

Yeah so? What of it? Steve Perry was in Journey and that disbanded, too.
In fact, he was the guy who did the disbanding.

Journey disbanded? Since when?

Bad English was a horrible band. When Journey stopped touring and making albums, people cared.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Kuroneko1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 am

Hey friends please take it easy! Whole thing is turning into a goddamn civil war among journey fans. So much anger and frustration going on. Please dont forget that we are all journey fans and journey is still a one band not two. It is time to stop breaking each other's hearts. Lets have a toleration for each other's thoughts and enjoy this majestic band's music together.
Yes, Journey's past with Perry was great . But present time with Augeri is musically also inspiring and I personally enjoy it as much as I did in the past. Lets stop this Perry versus Neal feud once and for all.

There is a new journey album coming afterall. A bright new future awaits!
Kuroneko1
Radio Waves

Postby Kuroneko1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:53 am

By the way, I like Bad English. They were an excellent band and released 2 excellent albums. But of course, Journey is better.
Kuroneko1
Radio Waves

Postby Line Of Fire » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:27 am

I agree with Kuroneko1 on all counts...
Line Of Fire
Radio Waves

Next

Return to Journey