Can't Let You GO!!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:16 am

[quote="Kuroneko1"] Lets stop this Perry versus Neal feud once and for all.

HUH? Last time I saw them they were embracing
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:53 am

perryfaithful wrote:HUH? Last time I saw them they were embracing

Get a Grip on reality!! That was done for the cameras.... :roll:

Journey and Neal are getting ready to wow us with some long awaited new music...Let's put things into perspective and focus on some real time music.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:22 am

JourneyTroll wrote: Neal and Jon were in Bad English and that band soon disbanded.

Journeytroll

They may have disbanded but they acheived a #1 hit...something Journey has never done.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:17 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote: Neal and Jon were in Bad English and that band soon disbanded.

Journeytroll

They may have disbanded but they acheived a #1 hit...something Journey has never done.
That's a good argument... :roll: :wink:

Postby Abitaman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:04 pm

While this on the subject of Bad English, I think they were a great band, and their debut cd, still gets played a lot around my house. I will put the first one up against any Journey cd or Styx. But, the second one was a let down, syill good, but after the first, it was going to be hard to stay on top.
I have 5 Bad english cds
1) Bad English-awesome, #1 single something JRNY never did.
2) Backlash-ok
3) The Best of-2 cd set, has all the songs, plus a remix of Price of Love
4) LIVE-Import, from Bad English tour
5) The Lost tapes-not sure if this is BE, Waite is singer, but playing doesn't always sound like Neal, maybe a Waite cd?

The first 4 are good, the last is ok. But I wounld't expect anything else from the members of JRNY-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby JourneyTroll » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:10 am

jrnyman28 wrote:

Journeytroll

Didn't Britney Spears also have a #1 hit? Didn't Led Zeppelin not have a #1 hit?

Hi there, Dave. Glad to hear from you. Anything on Evanescence you can share?

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:22 pm

Didn't Styx, Foreigner, Reo Speedwagon, Elvis, Police have #1 singles?-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:30 pm

Abitaman wrote:Didn't Styx, Foreigner, Reo Speedwagon, Elvis, Police have #1 singles?-ERIC
So what are you saying, bands are shit unless they have a #1 hit? Yeah, keep believing THAT! :roll:

Postby Abitaman » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:33 am

So what are you saying, bands are shit unless they have a #1 hit? Yeah, keep believing THAT![/code]

No, there are many singers and bands that are great, amd never made it into the top, or 100. But there are groups, etc, that SUCK, and have a # 1 hit, but luckly people soon realize this and they never see the light of day again.
What I was saying is Anyone can hava hit, Styx, etc.. To Spears (Yuck!), some work hard for it, and never reach, while others, sex sells, or there music is writen from a "hit team".
Although JRNY never had a #1 song, they still rock, and are one of my 2 favorite performers.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:38 am

Abitaman wrote:
So what are you saying, bands are shit unless they have a #1 hit? Yeah, keep believing THAT![/code]

No, there are many singers and bands that are great, amd never made it into the top, or 100. But there are groups, etc, that SUCK, and have a # 1 hit, but luckly people soon realize this and they never see the light of day again.
What I was saying is Anyone can hava hit, Styx, etc.. To Spears (Yuck!), some work hard for it, and never reach, while others, <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Sex">Sex</a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Sex">sex</a></a> sells, or there music is writen from a "hit team".
Although JRNY never had a #1 song, they still rock, and are one of my 2 favorite performers.-ERIC
Great post...I totally agree!!! :!:

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 pm

No one was saying that Journey sucked because they never had a #1 song...that was not the intention of my post. And it is true that a #1 song does not mean you are good It simply means you were popular. I personally don't like When I See You Smile much...for several reasons. It was overplayed. It, like Open Arms, led to the breakup of the band. It was not written by the band. I really don't like bands who write their own music but only have a hit with someone else's song. But it does show that the band gained alot of popularity...they happened to be a solid band as well.

Isn't it interesting that, for as many albums sold and concert sell-outs that Journey has had, they have not had the popularity necessary to score a #1 song?

I think the biggest thing this shows, is that PROMOTION will get you anywhere. Journey has NEVER had REALLY good promotion. And I know why...because it's about the music! Not the image, not the number of albums sold, not the money. Those have been great perks along the way but at the end of the day...it is about the music.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Previous

Return to Journey