Perry at WOF!!!!!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Perry at WOF!!!!!

Postby perryaugeri » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:36 am

:D It's being reported on Back Talk that Perry was there! I knew I should have skipped paying rent and gone to Hollywood!!!
perryaugeri
Fresh Air

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:44 am

I didn't believe it until I saw the picture of Steve Perry there!!!!!!!

I'm glad that he was there. Does anyone know if he's going to perform tonight?

Hopefully the picture will come up here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 0901212219
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby sadie65 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:51 am

Very cool. It's nice to see that they could put aside their differences for this.

Sadie
sadie65
Stereo LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:58 am

Me too :)

Here's another picture - a group shot:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 0801212218
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:01 am

Glad Steve Perry made it to the event!

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

House of Blues

Postby RoyalOakRoadie » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:49 am

Hell will have officially frozen over if Perry shows up tonite as one of the "many special guests".
"Strange how laughter looks like crying with no sound: raindrops taste like tears without the pain"
RoyalOakRoadie
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:24 pm

:o Just got home from work and reading today's highlights...I can't friggin' believe it! Fuck!! DAMMIT!! I'm kicking myself in the ass right now for NOT flying to Hollywood last night....SHIT!!
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:06 pm

Hurts, don't it John!!
I really never thought this would happen. I was SO excited when I saw Michael's post on BT!! Unreal!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Marabelle » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:25 pm

And he looked....great! What a tan! What a suit! Great hair! He looked like a star. Elegant and commandingl And wasn't that a bodyguard standing within a few inches of him!!!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Chris Brooks » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:23 pm

I think that's a rug but he's looking like he's taken care of himself.
Chris Brooks
Fresh Air

Postby T-Bone » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:06 pm

It looks like the only guy that didn't make it was Gregg Rolie. I was suprised to see Robert Fleischman show up as well :D
We, The Inept, Lead by the Incompetent, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long... We can practically do anything, with absolutely nothing.
T-Bone
Backup Admin

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:19 am

Marabelle wrote:And he looked....great! What a tan! What a suit! Great hair! He looked like a star. Elegant and commandingl And wasn't that a bodyguard standing within a few inches of him!!!

He did look good. Put on a little 'healthy' weight. But he really shouldn't button that top button...it looked like he was choking at times. And some of the pics I have seen look like there is a TON of security at the event. I don't know if it was just Perry or all the members. Maybe they were worried that someone may be psycho like the guy at the Damageplan concert. Someone could got psycho and blame Perry, or Neal, or Jon, or Steve for "the real" Journey breaking up.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby mnmsjrny » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:03 pm

Yes, indeed, it's true. Steve Perry was there surprizing absolutely EVERYONE (and I do mean EVERYONE... the band didn't even know) He didn't appear at the show (I think I would have fallen over if he had) but just showing up at the star ceremony was huge and a half. Neal and Ross gave him big hugs and he and Steve A shook hands.

The only thing that would have made the day more perfect was if Gregg could have made it.
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:03 am

mnmsjrny wrote:Yes, indeed, it's true. Steve Perry was there surprizing absolutely EVERYONE (and I do mean EVERYONE... the band didn't even know) He didn't appear at the show (I think I would have fallen over if he had) but just showing up at the star ceremony was huge and a half. Neal and Ross gave him big hugs and he and Steve A shook hands.

The only thing that would have made the day more perfect was if Gregg could have made it.

Thanks michelle...what is coming from your group (or journey central) to document the day? anything to enjoy for those who couldn't make it?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby mnmsjrny » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:26 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Thanks michelle...what is coming from your group (or journey central) to document the day? anything to enjoy for those who couldn't make it?

We're going to work like gangbusters to get our website updated with as many pix as we can from the whole event. We had such an incredible time, I wish every Journey fan could have been there with us (though, I may have passed out for sure if that were the case!)

Most of the guys who showed up for the star were at our luncheon (translation, Perry didn't come though I know Ross tried to get him too) and they were just floating. I had a brief conversation with Jon and he sounded as amazed as the rest of us that Perry showed up. I also had a very nice conversation with George Tickner who was just overwhelmed by it all.
mnmsjrny
45 RPM

Return to Journey