Where was Gregg Rolie?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Where was Gregg Rolie?

Postby Gaffguitars » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:58 am

Where was Gregg Rolie? I mean come on. How do you miss this? Even Steve Perry showed up, even though he chickened out on singing at the HOB. Hey Gregg WTF? Herbie Herbert too. I mean he put this band together for crissakes. Good to see George Tickner after all these years. He wrote some cool shit for the first album. What is it going to take to hear Gregg sing Just The Same Way again? Sorry just a tad disappointed.
GAFF
Gaffguitars
Ol' 78

Re: Where was Gregg Rolie?

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:23 am

Gaffguitars wrote:Where was Gregg Rolie? I mean come on. How do you miss this? Even Steve Perry showed up, even though he chickened out on singing at the HOB. Hey Gregg WTF? Herbie Herbert too. I mean he put this band together for crissakes. Good to see George Tickner after all these years. He wrote some cool shit for the first album. What is it going to take to hear Gregg sing Just The Same Way again? Sorry just a tad disappointed.

Gregg had scheduling conflicts.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: Where was Gregg Rolie?

Postby Gaffguitars » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:09 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:Gregg had scheduling conflicts.

Scheduling conflicts? I don't buy it. What did he have scheduled? It's not like this wasn't announced in advanced. According to his website his band played in Las Vegas last week, not too far away, and the next gig is in Tampa on the 29th. This thing was scheduled for months. There's got to be another reason. He doesn't even mention this on his website.
GAFF
Gaffguitars
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:20 pm

He did know about it. He has mentioned that there was some confusion early on. His announcement was that he had scheduling conflicts. Just because it was not a public gig does not mean that nothing was going on.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Gaffguitars » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:47 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:He did know about it. He has mentioned that there was some confusion early on. His announcement was that he had scheduling conflicts. Just because it was not a public gig does not mean that nothing was going on.

I understand. I just think it sounds like a lame generic excuse. Kind of like someone leaving a band over "creative differences".
GAFF
Gaffguitars
Ol' 78

Postby Journeynut » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:28 pm

He deserved to be there. He was missed.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:36 am

Sure he said "schedule conflict" but maybe it was a private, personal matter that, frankly, is none of our business.
I don't think any less of him.

Return to Journey