Question for everyone......

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:45 am

Liz22562 wrote:That was totally uncalled for RocknDeano




Hey, I DIDN'T say that... The person before me did...I don't know how to "Quote" somebody. Can someone please explain it to me..I am obviously a dumbshit...
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:20 am

Um...hit the quote button on the top right of that person's post...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:24 pm

Monker wrote:
If you realize it pop charts have always been for teen music. But don't offend a musical genere like this. If it weren't for this so called "black shit" a lot of today's music wouldn't be around, remember rock and roll and the music Journey plays comes out of so-called race music, that a lot of people did not want played. Led Zepplin, The Beatles, Clapton and many more bands in the early days, based their musical hero's through "black shit." So if you really think about what your saying Neal wouldn't be playing the blues or anything else for that matter if it weren't for "black shit."


To equate rap and hip hop with the roots of rock is such a warped comparison. First of all, how many of those old blues guys even sold a thousand records, back in the day? They were doing it for the love of the music, the expression of their feelings and heritage. In fact, the 'white' musicians and bands you mention were ALSO doing it for the love of the music...the original blues music. The "music" that Paul is talking about is done for three things: Money, fame, and <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Sex">sex</a>.

After the past two weeks I was feeling really good about the up coming Journey CD, and was ready to buy it and hopefully get a chance to see Journey this summer, but if Journey fans think like you then I don't think I want to support a band like this.


That is YOUR choice...don't blame somebody else for making such a decision for you. Quite frankly, it seems to me that IMAGE matters more to you then the music anyways.

I'll just sign this,

A Black Journey fan!


Yeah, sure, why don't you sign it as Joe.
Hey Monker, how bout shoving it up your ASS!!! Now why don't you apologize to me!
Guest
 

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:54 am

:x Another positive topic has gone down the shitta. :( Might as well CLOSE it now, Andrew.
User avatar
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:17 am
Location: Florida, USA

Postby heardonthestreet » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:10 am

I can't see a top ten slot for Journey's new music if it's anything like their past few attenpts.

Some of you diss Perry for not having any new material but at least he has been involved in furthering Journey's legacy with a bigger impact than any new material than the band has produced since he left.

To say that if he were involved in the new C.D. promised, wouldn't make a difference, is lacking in common sense. It's like denying that if they had known he would be at the WOF affair, the crowd would have been overwhelming.

If they are going to change their direction intirely, they should not shatter the stone entirely, and change the name. How long is it going to take them to realize that Journey is Classic Journey and that is what nearly all but a few hard rock fans desire.
User avatar
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 am
Location: "How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Postby yak » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:43 am

jrnyjetster wrote::x Another positive topic has gone down the shitta. :( Might as well CLOSE it now, Andrew.


Can't do that, jrnyjester, because that's exactly what they WANT to happen :wink:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Liz22562 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:55 am

Rock'ndeano - my apologies to you. PF pointed out to me my error in reading your post.

I apologize again profusely!

Rock on Journey!
Liz22562
8 Track
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:29 am
Location: Florida

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:04 am

heardonthestreet wrote:
Some of you diss Perry for not having any new material but at least he has been involved in furthering Journey's legacy with a bigger impact than any new material than the band has produced since he left.


What of it?
If the music is good and I enjoy it why should I give a hoot about things like "furthering the legacy" and leaving a "bigger impact"?
They are only a band. All they have to do is play music and make it sound good.
Higher Place, I Can Breathe, To Be Alive Again, and many others all share that unmistakable 80's J. Cain-era Journey sound.
If you want to kid yourself, deny that, and deprive yourself of some great new Journey music, then that is ur loss.
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14592
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:00 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:I can't see a top ten slot for Journey's new music if it's anything like their past few attenpts.


I don't think it has anything to do with the material (other than the fact that the style of music Journey plays is not 'popular')

at least he has been involved in furthering Journey's legacy with a bigger impact than any new material than the band has produced since he left.


How is he doing that?

If they are going to change their direction intirely,


Who said they were doing that? Neal said it will still sound like Journey but with new influences. Every Journey CD had a different direction while still sounding like Journey. EVEN ROR!

they should not shatter the stone entirely, and change the name.


As long as Neal is in the band than the stone is intact. It was Journey before Perry, it is Journey after. And the question arises again, "Why was it OK for Perry to drastically change Journey's sound on ROR AND fire two integral members of "classic Journey" but it is not OK for the band to continue to evolve and change personel[/quote]

How long is it going to take them to realize that Journey is Classic Journey and that is what nearly all but a few hard rock fans desire.


You are wrong. That is factual...Journey was before Perry and it is after Perry.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby heardonthestreet » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:45 am

Neal's Journey is a stone that is not rolling, therefore it's gathering moss.

Your right Dave, it's always Journey but we all know how some trips are less than enjoyable so we only remember the best.

Who produced Greatest Hits Live? Anybody know?
User avatar
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 am
Location: "How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Postby yak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:54 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Neal's Journey is a stone that is not rolling, therefore it's gathering moss.
Your right Dave, it's always Journey but we all know how some trips are less than enjoyable so we only remember the best.


heardonthestreet, were you the chick who was looking wistfully at Steve Perry in the background of the Ross/Perry AP WOF/photo? :wink:

I think Journey is rolling along nicely. Things are starting to happen, and this summer will be great for NEW and rockin' Journey music.

So you keep playing your old albums till they wear out, and leave us alone to enjoy Neal, Steve, Jonathan, Deen, and Ross!

Think you can handle that?
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby heardonthestreet » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:22 am

Everyone likes Journey's old music the best. That's what Neal said. He said his was a Greatest Hits band. If he can face facts, why can't some of you?

"Things are starting to happen." It's about time. How many years has it been?
User avatar
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 am
Location: "How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Postby yak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:29 am

heardonthestreet wrote:
"Things are starting to happen." It's about time. How many years has it been?


Don't know...Why don't you ask Steve Perry??? :lol: :lol:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:54 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Neal's Journey is a stone that is not rolling, therefore it's gathering moss.


How wrong can you possibly be?

Your right Dave, it's always Journey but we all know how some trips are less than enjoyable so we only remember the best.


You seem to speak for a lot of people...but not for me.

Who produced Greatest Hits Live? Anybody know?


Kevin Shirley and John Kalodner
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:13 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:Everyone likes Journey's old music the best.


Everyone KNOWS Journey's old music the best.

That's what Neal said. He said his was a Greatest Hits band. If he can face facts, why can't some of you?


Who is disputing that Journey has been stuck in the GH rut due to popular demand. Not the worst thing, to have a fan base large enough (still) to dictate your setlists. Not a bad thing that there are enough fans of the "hits" coming to see you still (even after all these years that everyone knows Perry is not there).

Many of us are realistic enough to know that Journey has not been able to promote their new music. But many of us also realize that there is more than ONE reason for that. I can also say that many of us are not so blind as to not see that Perry's absence was a huge hurdle. But we can also see that Journey has cleared that hurdle and continued to grow in an environment that is not AOR friendly. Journey has done better than pretty much ALL of their contemporaries. And they have continued to make new music for the sake of creating. Journey thrives, on their terms.

Where is Foreigner? Do you think they will do as well as Journey when they come out with their next CD WITHOUT Lou Gramm? Styx is doing pretty well. REO Speedwagon is FINALLY making a new CD after almost 15 years...their FIRST ONE! Where is Boston? How are Bad Company doing? Heart put out a GREAT CD last year but...(Give me some more late 70's/early 80's rock bands because I can't think of any more right now) How are their CDs going to do? About the same as Journey's...NO promotion, NO airplay, NO hits. But they will all thrive on tour.

"Things are starting to happen." It's about time. How many years has it been?


I admit that that is a mis-speak. Things started happening in 2001. But it has been an uphill struggle. Now Journey has really gotten alot of momentum rolling. There are so many possibilities right now. Will they be huge again...nope. But they will be bigger than they have been since 1987.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby heardonthestreet » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Dream on!
User avatar
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 am
Location: "How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Previous

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests