Steve Answered Questions at Fan Asylum

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Answered Questions at Fan Asylum

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am

Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:35 am

That was a great read. Lots of really interesting, and great stuff in that interview. Answered a LOT of questions.

I too submitted a question... one asking about the Nuno Bettencourt songs. My question wasn't the one printed (the wording was different), but I'm sure lots of folks asked about that. It was GREAT to read the answer... so that at least he's aware that there are people out there that want to hear this material.

Lots of info for all the folks here on this board!
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:16 pm

I loved reading that. \Oddly enough, the most informative question for me was:

"The DVD for Houston was postponed, any chance of that or one of just you being produced this year?

SP: Last year's Houston DVD project was postponed because the new Journey and myself both agreed that Sony's proposal wasn't appropriate at that time."

I wonder what Sony proposed?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:56 pm

That was my question btw.

Both the band and Steve were in agreement that they didn't like what Sony proposed. I don't imagine we'll hear what the proposal is, tho. Doesn't say it is it dead either. Perhaps something can be started again, especially as Journey is climbing the Pop charts yet again (#11 today for the GH CD).

It's a matter of when, not if, imho.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby Liz22562 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:36 am

It appears he laid to rest any rumors of him rejoining Journey. It would be wonderful to hear him sing even one set with his past comrads - but it seems that would not be the case.

Maybe a solo project? His voice is greatly missed....

Journey On!
Liz22562
8 Track

Re: Steve Answered Questions at Fan Asylum

Postby Monker » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:55 am

Playitloudforme wrote:and he answered one of mine.

http://www.fanasylum.com/steveperry/index.shtml

Yep, good stuff. He opened up a bit more then usual.

It will be interesting to see how long it continues....or if he saw his shadow.l
Monker
MP3

Re: Steve Answered Questions at Fan Asylum

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:15 am

Monker wrote:...or if he saw his shadow.l

You just couldn't resist, huh Monker? Good one.....

It was nice to get the real answer for the DVD instead of this "no time" stuff! I am hoping that John Kalodner would like to speak on this subject a bit more!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Paul_UK » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:47 am

That really was a great read. A new solo project would be awesome, it would be a shame for the music industry to be deprived of this great vocalist, but if that's Steve's choice then so be it.

Here's to many more years of great sounds from the new incarnation of Journey! :D
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby Marabelle » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:01 pm

That was enjoyable; I really liked it Monker!

LOL!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:39 pm

:P OK..finally, a confirmation straight from the horse's mouth. Steve Perry's Journey is officially OVER!
Now let's MOVE FORWARD and BEYOND the 80s with some fresh NEW Journey material in 2005! ;)
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:46 pm

Hmmmm....."I am getting a little sprung to do something"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby sngrchk04 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:58 am

perryfaithful wrote: Hmmmm....."I am getting a little sprung to do something"

Yup....almost fell off my chair when I saw that, too....

And, that statement was "from the horse's mouth".

:shock:
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby Monker » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:19 am

sngrchk04 wrote:
perryfaithful wrote: Hmmmm....."I am getting a little sprung to do something"

Yup....almost fell off my chair when I saw that, too....

And, that statement was "from the horse's mouth".

:shock:

Yeah, and the same horse said that he thinks about touring every day and is talking about it....How long ago was that? Five years ago? Even longer ago, he said mentioned an autobiography....and a website.

Like I said, we'll have to see if he saw his shadow.
Monker
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:19 am

Monker wrote: Even longer ago, he said mentioned an autobiography....and a website.

Like I said, we'll have to see if he saw his shadow.

Funny how he answered the question about the autobiography. He said he never really thought about it but had been asked.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby yak » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:08 am

Interesting to me was the fact that Perry will NOT be a guest judge on American Idol, as had been speculated.

:shock: Shocker...NOT! :shock:

jrnyjetster wrote::P OK..finally, a confirmation straight from the horse's mouth. Steve Perry's Journey is officially OVER!

Now let's MOVE FORWARD and BEYOND the 80s with some fresh NEW Journey material in 2005! ;)

AMEN to that!!

:lol: Guess the website that never was, won't ever be, either. :lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby realrockfan30 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:47 am

Hey it still would be nice to hear something from the man.....even seperately from Journey.

I would love to see a new album from both Perry and Journey....full of rockers! Hahahaha

Too bad we don't live in a perfect world! :wink:
Whatever happened to good ol' rock and roll?
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:28 am

[quote="yak"][b]Interesting to me

Yak....you are just a professional Perry basher! No class, no depth! No attempt at any real conversation, just make every attempt to make fun of the man and his fans. There are folks here who adore Perry YET are respectful of all the members of Journey...... anytime, anywhere! A treat to be with those folks whether we all agree or not.....but you are nothing more than a thug, purposefully sabotaging any and all conversation that has the name Perry in it without even reading it! You end up discrediting the very people who you supposedly love. what a low life.....I am sorry
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:10 pm

perryfaithful wrote: There are folks here who adore Perry YET are respectful of all the members of Journey

And YOU are most certainly NOT one of them.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:36 pm

:?:
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:25 pm

perryfaithful wrote: Hmmmm....."I am getting a little sprung to do something"

I'm intrigued by that too. I also liked his answer to the question about singing some old blues tunes. Maybe? 8)
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby yak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:34 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Talk about grasping for straws...A professional Perry basher??? A thug??? A low life???

So now I am getting paid for having an opinion that differs from yours? Your paranoia is showing.

au contraire, madame faithful, you are the one who lies in waiting, ready to pounce on whatever I say, just because I don't fit your little narrow minded mold. I don't discredit those I claim to favor here. (Isn't that what this is all about anyway?) You're not liking the fact that some here like Journey and are actually...HAPPY...that they chose to move forward?

"No attempt at real conversation?" I did, on several occasions, post facts about Mr. Perry that you didn't like reading, and didn't want posted here for others to see, so you called me a liar!! You then proceeded to chase after me on the board and bait me to come out and play with you.

You're sorry? I'm sorry for the transparency in your misplaced devotion to somebody who keeps feeding the frenzy by saying "he might be back." Now where and how many times before have we heard THAT one before???

So I don't fit your mold. Big Whoop. I was under the impression that I could come here with my own opinion. You want your idol back. He doesn't want to come back. He has said as much. You still want your idol back. You can't have things both ways, lady.

I come here looking for Journey news, and to discuss the band and all the fact that they are moving on. Sorry that you don't like it. I don't post my opinions to pacify you and your brigade of four.

You NEED to remember that this is a JOURNEY board...not a Steve Perry only worship festival.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:55 am

Sorry Mr. Yak, but calling someone a liar is not my style.

Time to walk on by.......
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:49 pm

I definitely respect your right to an opinion. We're individuals and that is why your statements and comments do not reflect the exact or similiar attitudes and beliefs such as mine.

I'm cool with that.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey