Journey - Mailing List

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey - Mailing List

Postby realrockfan30 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:02 am

Back in the late nineties (around 1998) I was a member of the Journey message list - which was a mailing list that was sent through email everyday. I had the opportunity to chat with a few Journey fans off the mailing list.

I was just wondering if anyone from that mailing list is a member of this forum board?
Whatever happened to good ol' rock and roll?
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:21 am

Wasn't this "list" a subdivision of sorts from the Bands' Journeyforce program.. Try contacting Nocturne or Nightmare productions in San Francisco, and go from there...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby realrockfan30 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:35 am

No, it wasn't a subdivision of the Journeyforce from what I remember. A fellow member had started the mailing list from his website. It was a majordomo list.

This was before Journey had an official website.
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:06 am

realrockfan30 wrote:No, it wasn't a subdivision of the Journeyforce from what I remember. A fellow member had started the mailing list from his website. It was a majordomo list.

This was before Journey had an official website.

Yes, and it still exists as a Yahoo list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JourneyDigest

This list has NOTHING to do with Journeyforce, or the official forum
BackTalk (except shared members). It was started by me in 1992, changed owners to Dan Stacy in 1995 or so. It moved from majordomo to Yahoo in 2000 and is still owned by Dan, and has a few other 'moderators' to keep things under control.

You can also visit the digest's website at journeydigest.com.
Monker
MP3

Postby realrockfan30 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:19 am

That's right! I remember you Monker! I wasn't sure if Dan still had a website up or not. I think I stopped posting on it after about '99.

I remember a few people from the list....you, Darla, Dan, the one that has the Steve Perry site....there was someone else with a Journey website....I can't remember his name but I used to surf his site religiously for updates on Journey.
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:15 am

the one that has the Steve Perry site....there was someone else with a Journey website....

The Perry website would be Jasparina...last I heard, she was taking it down, or at least not updating it, and concentrating on a "Lord of the Rings" site. That was a few years ago, after the first LotR's movie.

there was someone else I can't remember his name but I used to surf his site religiously for updates on Journey

That would be Steven Lake. His site, journey-tribute.com, has not been updated since 2001 or so. He has disappeared. From what I understand, he was receiving a lot of "not so nice" mail from some Perry fans and was getting tired of constantly dealing with it.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:16 am

deleting duplicate post.
Monker
MP3

Postby realrockfan30 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:17 am

Monker wrote:
the one that has the Steve Perry site....there was someone else with a Journey website....

The Perry website would be Jasparina...last I heard, she was taking it down, or at least not updating it, and concentrating on a "Lord of the Rings" site. That was a few years ago, after the first LotR's movie.

there was someone else I can't remember his name but I used to surf his site religiously for updates on Journey

That would be Steven Lake. His site, journey-tribute.com, has not been updated since 2001 or so. He has disappeared. From what I understand, he was receiving a lot of "not so nice" mail from some Perry fans and was getting tired of constantly dealing with it.

I was thinking his first name was Steve or Steven, but wasn't sure. Why was he receiving hate mail from Perry fans?? He is probably like alot of us, we get busy with other things and don't have time to keep up sites that don't necessarily make money.

I hope Jasparina thinks about keeping the site up, although I can see her point! I know that Perry has a website domain...has had it for a long time, but hasn't done anything with it.

Anyways, on the mailing list my nickname was G-Man. I actually had one Journey fan that had came to see me years ago..so that was nice! I just might have to make a stroll on over to the yahoo site and see what is going on over there.
realrockfan30
Radio Waves

Return to Journey