The Steves Yack!!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The Steves Yack!!

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:12 pm

Read several comments at other places, from those who attended the WOF, that Steve Perry and Steve Augeri were seen shaking hands and having some conversation at this special event!! I wonder what was said?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:40 pm

Hi PF. Of course I can't really attest to what transpired between them but based on the following comment by Steve Perry in his answers on Fanasylum I would assume there wasn't any "frontman to frontman"chitchat between them. :lol: (Go Stevie, Go Stevie, Go Stevie)

SP: I only met him once and that was at the Hollywood WOF presentation. I've never seen the New Journey perform. With all due respect, my memories of Journey and its music are locked in our time together. I think I'll stay with that.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Priceless Ohsherrie! I should have called this thread "Frontman to Frontman chit chat!"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:56 pm

ohsherrie wrote: based on the following comment by Steve Perry in his answers on Fanasylum I would assume there wasn't any "frontman to frontman"chitchat between them.

ohsherrie wrote:(Go Stevie, Go Stevie, Go Stevie)

"Go Stevie" ???????
Umm, for what exactly?
Oh, I get it.
You're under the impression (based upon the fan asylum Q& A) that Perry snubbed Augeri at the HOF or went out of his way NOT to talk to him and you are now complimenting him on doing just that.
How juvenile.
Grow up you partisan wench!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Regardless of what you foolishly thought, you were wrong!
There have been various first hand accounts from people who verified seeing the two Steves talk.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:55 pm

........."I think I'll stay that way."

Me too Stevie!
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Paul_UK » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 pm

...after all the positives from the HOF, people STILL find negatives they'd rather talk about. :roll:

Steve Augeri has been the perfect gentleman and 100% professional in the face of what has at times been brutal and unjust criticism from so called "fans" of this (STILL) great band. How anyone can still find fault in this man beggars belief.
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:10 pm

Paul_UK wrote: How anyone can still find fault in this man beggars belief.

Paul....honey.....where is someone "finding fault" here with Steve Augeri? Why the rush to defend something that hasn't been challenged? My goodness! Come on....don't fall into that

perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:39 am

Paul_UK wrote:...after all the positives from the HOF, people STILL find negatives they'd rather talk about. :roll:

Yup.
Disgusting, isn't it?
These people are a cancer.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:25 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Paul_UK wrote:...after all the positives from the HOF, people STILL find negatives they'd rather talk about. :roll:

Yup.
Disgusting, isn't it?
These people are a cancer.

Steve Perry and Steve Augeri shaking hands and talking is a cancer?? You better get your prescription reviewed
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:47 am

uhoh..ohsherrie's back. :roll: :P
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:58 am

this actualy the one quote in that interview that I thought was sad, showing a lot of spite.

Perry can't bring himself to compliment Augeri in even the slightest way? How pitiful, devisive, and rude.

Of course HIS memories are locked in their time together. But, even Perry should know that others do not share that view of Journey.

ohsherrie wrote:Hi PF. Of course I can't really attest to what transpired between them but based on the following comment by Steve Perry in his answers on Fanasylum I would assume there wasn't any "frontman to frontman"chitchat between them. :lol: (Go Stevie, Go Stevie, Go Stevie)

SP: I only met him once and that was at the Hollywood WOF presentation. I've never seen the New Journey perform. With all due respect, my memories of Journey and its music are locked in our time together. I think I'll stay with that.
Monker
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:41 am

Monker wrote:this actualy the one quote in that interview that I thought was sad, showing a lot of spite.

Perry can't bring himself to compliment Augeri in even the slightest way? How pitiful, devisive, and rude.

WHAT??

HUH??

That SHOWS spite? Seems to me you have to actually SAY something to even attempt to prove spite. The man said he has only recently met him and he has not followed his time with Journey. What exactly did you expect him to say?

So who's feelings are you worried about Monker? YOURS (the fans) or Augeri's? Seems to me that whatever Perry said to Augeri in their private conversation is what counts. Sorry you were not included
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:11 am

That SHOWS spite? Seems to me you have to actually SAY something to even attempt to prove spite. The man just said he has just met him and he has not followed his time with Journey. What..... you want him to make something up? Pretty lame Monker

So who's feelings are you worried about Monker? YOURS (the fans) or Augeri's? Seems to me that whatever Perry said to Augeri in their private conversation is what really would be important to Steve Augeri. Sorry you were not included.

I'm not 'worried' about anybody's feelings.

The fact is that in the question that Perry was responding to, he was told specificaly some very complimentary things that Augeri has said and done. Perry's response? To totaly ignore it and diminish any significance his meeting Augeri would have to fans, and to add further division with his "my memories of Journey and its music are locked in our time together" He couldn't even give Augeri a thank you. Sad.

Steve Augeri has stated several times that you were his inspiration. In fact, he dedicated Journey's EP Red13 to you. What are your thoughts on Steve Augeri? Have you two spoken? And lastly, have you seen him perform with Journey lately and what were your thoughts about the band's performance?
Monker
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 am

How does anyone really know what was said? Maybe Augeri said to Perry, "I could never fill your shoes." and Perry answered, "My fans won't let you."

Maybe Augeri said, "Glad to meet you" and Perry answered,"Thank You."

Has anyone asked Augeri about it?
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:01 am

heardonthestreet wrote:How does anyone really know what was said? Maybe Augeri said to Perry, "I could never fill your shoes." and Perry answered, "My fans won't let you"

:P :P :P In your dreams...

Perry is like the February groundhog....comes out of his hole for a brief moment in time, then goes right back in.

He showed what a sorry sport he really is...his true colors are emerging...along with his jealously because he thought he could shut down Journey by staying away, but now sees that they are going on quite nicely without him. Things are beginning to come together for Journey. Part of that is due to Steve Augeri, who is a real class act!

So much for "savoring the moment." I knew it wouldn't last. :roll:

Go Noble_Cause Go Noble_Cause Go Noble_Cause

Go Monker Go Monker Go Monker

Good posts.

The desperate houswives are back...all four of them! :lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:02 am

Monker wrote:
The fact is that in the question that Perry was responding to, he was told specificaly some very complimentary things that Augeri has said and done. Perry's response? To totaly ignore it and diminish any significance his meeting Augeri would have to fans, He couldn't even give Augeri a thank you. Sad.

Didn't diminish a thing for me! why would it? AND Perhaps he DID give Augeri a thank you....in person! We don't know. What are you so worried about? I think Steve Augeri can take care of himself. You seem to be the needy one!!

And By the Way, that Q&A was BY PERRY, ABOUT PERRY for the FANS of Perry!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:44 pm

I would LOVE to know what they said to each other but it is none of my business. I am fine with that.

HOWEVER, I do think it was a little rude to not even acknowledge the statements:

"Steve Augeri has stated several times that you were his inspiration. In fact, he dedicated Journey's EP Red13 to you."

Several of the questions were edited...why couldn't those statements just have been edited out? That would have avoided any speculation and it would have removed any emotions from that response.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:19 pm

You know, it strikes me after reading some of your responses that none of you seem to be able to live up to the the standards of behavior towards your fellow humans that you expect of Steve.

The hiring of Augeri was a snub to Steve, why should he be expected to respond with benevolence towards any of them? I don't care how wonderful you all think Augeri is, Steve has a right to feel what he apparently feels. If the attitudes you display on this board are any indication, it's unlikely that you would feel any different than he does if you were in his place.

Like PF said, who knows what really transpired that day?

Hey JT, nice to see you too.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:39 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
The hiring of Augeri was a snub to Steve

Right, and I guess the hiring of Perry was a snub to Gregg Rolie, then?
Get real.
Here's how it is: When you don't show up for work you get fired. Plain and simple. Perry was MIA for 12 years, his actions suggest that he was practically begging to receive his walking papers. So, he got 'em.
Cya! Adios!

A true example of a snub would be the hiring of Perry while Fleishman was still in the band and actively writing songs with the guys. He wasn't finding ways out of touring or taking time off. The guy was an active part of Journey and they unceremoniously fired him and brought in Perry to start singing HIS songs.
Now, THAT's a snub.
And you know what?
Robert didn't hold a grude, he very graciously showed up at the event, hung with all the members and even came to the JPP fan luncheon.

Augeri's inclusion isn't a snub, he was brought in 'cuz they had absolutely no other choice, Perry chose to stop being an active member of the band.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:00 am

The hiring of Augeri was a snub to Steve, why should he be expected to respond with benevolence towards any of them?

If he can't even say 'thank you' to Augeri for saying a few nice words, then he should not have even answered that question. It's not 'benevolence', it's simply being polite.

I don't care how wonderful you all think Augeri is, Steve has a right to feel what he apparently feels.

sure he does. But, when he answers questions like this he should know by now they are going to be scrutinized by hundreds of people.

If the attitudes you display on this board are any indication, it's unlikely that you would feel any different than he does if you were in his place.

If a replacement of mine said I was there inspiration and dedicated a piece of work to me, I would not ignore it.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:03 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Monker wrote:And By the Way, that Q&A was BY PERRY, ABOUT PERRY for the FANS of Perry!

Hmmm, seems to me that Perry thanked ALL of the fans...The emphasis on "ALL" was made by him. Too bad his own fans can't be as inclusive as Perry.
Monker
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:45 am

Well I was actually at the event, and yes, this is only guessing, but educated guessing.. here goes.

Perry came out, and was obviously shy at first..he immediately went to the corner of the fenced in area, and seemed to be "hiding" behind a woman..When Neal spoke, and said some kind words about Perry the crowd went nuts, and Perry was embarrassed(in a good way)..It was at this time, Augeri, standing 4-5 people away, came out of nowhere to shake Perry's hand..I thought it was a touch of class...It seemed to bring Perry out of his own shadow, because after that handshake, Perry was front and center from then on and out....He seemed to be enjoying the adulation and attention.

Just my "guess."
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Liz22562 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:20 am

Thank you for sharing that with us Rock'ndeano. It is nice hearing what someone witnessed at the WOF other than what someone perceived happened after reading a post here or there.

Journey On!
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby yak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:04 am

Thanks for that Rock'nDeano. If you were there that is good enough for me. Why would a 56 year old man be hiding, behind a woman no less? That was funny.

Did he think people would boo? When he found that they didn't, he came out? Interesting.

Maybe Perry likes all this chaos he creates?

You are right about one thing. Steve Augeri is one classy guy! Perry's behavior with him was inexcusable. It's almost as if Perry left Journey, thought they would fold, hoped they would, then when they didn't he can't take it so he has to be unkind toward Steve Augeri.

He seemed to be enjoying the adulation and attention.

OF course he did! :wink:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:55 am

So Rockn....was it just a handshake or did you see them spend some time talking at any point? what I READ made me think that they had some conversation somewhere along the line, but that could be a misinterpretation. OR someone spotted them later vs the moment you are talking about? What else did you witness?

thanks
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:10 am

yak wrote:Thanks for that Rock'nDeano. If you were there that is good enough for me. Why would a 56 year old man be hiding, behind a woman no less? That was funny.

Did he think people would boo? When he found that they didn't, he came out? Interesting.

Maybe Perry likes all this chaos he creates?

You are right about one thing. Steve Augeri is one classy guy! Perry's behavior with him was inexcusable. It's almost as if Perry left Journey, thought they would fold, hoped they would, then when they didn't he can't take it so he has to be unkind toward Steve Augeri.

He seemed to be enjoying the adulation and attention.

OF course he did! :wink:

It seems to me that YOU are the one who enjoys creating chaos here. You never have anything nice to say towards Perry, and you constantly twist everything he says OR does into a negative action OR negative response.

I believe the majority of fans ( including me of course) are VERY HAPPY that HE went to the WOF, and whatever was said between Augeri & Perry, well that is between them two. I'm guessing they were probaly both polite to one another.

Furthermore I don't believe that Perry was rude at all in his response to the question about Augeri. Steve isn't keeping up with the goings on of Journey, HE is NOT in Journey anymore, so it is very reasonable that he gave the answer he did.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:45 am

PROPERRY wrote: ......................
Lori

oops...now it's a brigade of five...I think if Rock'nDeano wants to respond to my post, he/she will.
Unless of course you ARE Rock'n.

So now I am causing chaos because I gave an opinion? I thought he was rude to Steve Augeri, you didn't. So? He's not coming back, girls. He has said so. Then he turns around and gives another cryptic message to make you THINK he might be back some decade. He is the one knowingly creating the "chaos" as you put it. (Better check your dictionary babe)
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:09 am

[quote="yak"]Thanks for that Rock'nDeano. If you were there that is good enough for me. Why would a 56 year old man be hiding, behind a woman no less? That was funny.

Well, I wasn't trying to be funny. He was just a bit overwhelmed IMO...This is nothing against Steve Perry. I sometimes think I may be the only one who actually likes BOTH of the Steves....... It is true though, Perry was kind of well, hiding. But I understand that. It's been 7 years since he's seen an audience..It happens.. But also, like I said, He was hammin' it up at the end. he shook my hand and I said, "Thanks, and don't take 7 more years to say hi again!"--He laughed... But then I also met Neal, and said, "Neal, could you play a certain tune tonight?" And he said, sure, which one. And I said any God*** one you wish!" He laughed..It was a great day..

Why didn't any of you others come out? Hell, I missed work!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:19 am

yak wrote:
PROPERRY wrote: ......................
Lori

oops...now it's a brigade of five...I think if Rock'nDeano wants to respond to my post, he/she will.
Unless of course you ARE Rock'n.

So now I am causing chaos because I gave an opinion? I thought he was rude to Steve Augeri, you didn't. So? He's not coming back, girls. He has said so. Then he turns around and gives another cryptic message to make you THINK he might be back some decade. He is the one knowingly creating the "chaos" as you put it. (Better check your dictionary babe)

Steve Perry has my support, no matter what HE CHOOSES to do with his life!!!! :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby ohsherrie » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:30 am

Hi Monker,

Monker wrote:If he can't even say 'thank you' to Augeri for saying a few nice words, then he should not have even answered that question. It's not 'benevolence', it's simply being polite.

All we know is that someone emailed Steve and told him Augeri said that. Why should he assume it's true? They hired Augeri to spite Steve because he wouldn't do what they wanted when they wanted, so now Steve is supposed to appreciate Augeri, :roll: GET REAL!!! If he hadn't answered the question in some manner you'd all be complaining that he ignored the question for spite.

sure he does. But, when he answers questions like this he should know by now they are going to be scrutinized by hundreds of people.

and I'm sure the person who asked that question scrutinized them for some kind of answer

If a replacement of mine said I was there inspiration and dedicated a piece of work to me, I would not ignore it.

If you were fired under the same circumstance Steve was I have a hard time believing you would be gracious to your replacement. I wouldn't, and you're not that much sweeter than I am. :lol:

As for the piece of work that he "dedicated" to Steve:

a) I considered the possibility that it could have been a ploy to try and win over some of Steve's fans, or get them to buy the thing. Perhaps Steve could have considered that possibility too.(Just speculating, I have no way of knowing what Steve felt about it, and neither do you.)

b) That piece of work was an insult in itself.

Just because you think Steve should consider it a complement, someone who doesn't share your dedication to any band that Neal wants to call Journey may not see it that way.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Next

Return to Journey