OT: U2 selling out in North America and Europe!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

OT: U2 selling out in North America and Europe!

Postby JourneyTroll » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:34 am

U2 is easily the most popular concert band next to the Rolling Stones. Three U2 shows in Boston sold out in less than 20 minutes. I was lucky enough to get a pair of floor tickets through their website.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:36 pm

And, we here at the JOURNEY board give a shit? Dude, if you wanna make love to Bono, go do it..and find the U2 site for salivation purposes.. Jesus! Who gives a crap? Their new stuff isnt all that.

To any that may have noticed..if I seem bitter, it's because i am..Monker pisses me off and so does Troll...he's always pumping U2 and Duran Duran..lets see? Duran Duran? dude, back away from the crackpipe..and Monker, when you respond, make sure you pump me full of bullets, because it's coming right back at you..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Paul_UK » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:33 pm

I got tickets to see them here in the UK!! - Still a great live act! :D
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:24 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:And, we here at the JOURNEY board give a shit? Dude, if you wanna make love to Bono, go do it..and find the U2 site for salivation purposes.. Jesus! Who gives a crap? Their new stuff isnt all that.

To any that may have noticed..if I seem bitter, it's because i am..Monker pisses me off and so does Troll...he's always pumping U2 and Duran Duran..lets see? Duran Duran? dude, I have a crush on you and want to meet you.and Monker, when you respond, make sure you pump me full of bullets, because it's coming right back at you..

Why can't you be happy that another act is touring and selling tickets successfully all over the world? Other people here may like U2. Other people here like other bands besides Journey.

Why can't you be happy for me in scoring 2 Floor General Admission tickets to see U2 in Boston. :lol:

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:13 am

Why can't you be happy for me in scoring 2 Floor General Admission tickets to see U2 in Boston.

Journeytroll[/quote]

It's not that I'm not happy for U2, but why come into here and always profess your love for other bands, along with some BS message about them being the biggest touring act...
U2 is awesome, but if I want U2 news, I'll go to their site..I am glad you got your floor seats..GA is GA is GA

As for U2 selling out three nights, that is impressive, BUT it pales in comparison to a certain guy from New Jersey who sold out a FOOTBALL stadium 7 nights with no problem.. As far as touring NOBODY can touch Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band...
Last edited by Rockindeano on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:51 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Why can't you be happy for me in scoring 2 Floor General Admission tickets to see U2 in Boston.

Journeytroll

It's not that I'm not happy for U2, but why come into here and always profess your love for other bands, along with some BS message about them being the biggest touring act...
U2 is awesome, but if I want U2 news, I'll go to their site..I am glad you got your floor seats..GA is GA is GA

As for U2 selling out three nights, that is impressive, BUT it pales in comparison to a certain guy from New Jersey who sold out a FOOTBALL stadium 10 nights with no problem.. As far as touring NOBODY can touch Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band...[/quote]

U2 is the biggest touring act right now. Plus, if U2 played for ten nights in Dublin, Ireland they'd sell out that venue.

The Rolling Stones sell out wherever they go too.

I just wanted to share some concert news while Journey is planning their next CD.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:53 am

Journeytroll said this-

U2 is the biggest touring act right now. Plus, if U2 played for ten nights in Dublin, Ireland they'd sell out that venue.

I said-
Simply not true..Like I said, U2 is big but not anywhere close to Springsteen.."Play ten nights in Ireland?" So what? I know Bruce plays many multiple dates not only here in the States, but Barcelona, Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo, Brussels, Madrid, Florence, Milan, Rome, Paris, London, Lisbon, oh and Dublin too.....

Now for a surprise..I just checked biggest concerts this year...Celine Dion is no. 1..but she has her own arena for Gods' sake...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby yogi » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:08 am

Who the hell is U2???? I thought that Bono dude died in some sort of downhill sking mishap. Tore Cher the hell up, and they hadnt been married for years. As for the biggest act EVER try selling out the Cotton Bowl and the Astrodome on a Bloody Sunday!!!!

As for Duran Duran Duran I do dig the hell out of their song Little Willy!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:54 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Journeytroll said this-

I said-
Simply not true..Like I said, U2 is big but not anywhere close to Springsteen.."Play ten nights in Ireland?" So what? I know Bruce plays many multiple dates not only here in the States, but Barcelona, Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo, Brussels, Madrid, Florence, Milan, Rome, Paris, London, Lisbon, oh and Dublin too.....

Now for a surprise..I just checked biggest concerts this year...Celine Dion is no. 1..but she has her own arena for Gods' sake...

Sorry, but Springsteen had plenty of empty seats available during his ball park tour in 2003. He couldn't even sell out Shea Stadium. U2's venue in Dublin, Ireland is a 160,000 capacity and it sold out twice for this tour.

U2 is much more popular than Springsteen worldwide and in the United States.

Doesn't Celine Dion perform 2 shows a night in Vegas?

Journeytoll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:43 am

JourneyTroll wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:Journeytroll said this-

Sorry, but Springsteen had plenty of empty seats available during his ball park tour in 2003. He couldn't even sell out Shea Stadium. U2's venue in Dublin, Ireland is a 160,000 capacity and it sold out twice for this tour.

U2 is much more popular than Springsteen worldwide and in the United States.

Journeytoll

No way bro. Now I am contradicting myself by talking about non Journey bands,but whatever...U2 is no way close to Springsteen..U2 does so much promotion..from I pods to showing up at President Clinton's library dedication to "having the ear of the current president(now that's scary)....With all the promotion they should be able to fill an arena a couple nights.. As for your Springsteen comment about empty seats..The very last night on the 7 night Giants Stadium run, there was 12,000 empty seats..not bad when the place holds 100,000...Remember, he sold out 7 straight nights there..simply incredible.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:05 am

Journeytoll[/quote]

I just did some research on Bruces' site..during the 2003 Stadium tour, he played 7 nights at Giants Stadium, then came back next month for 3 more, and then back to NY at Shea for 3 more after that...let's see, 13 shows at 90,000 per...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:05 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:Sorry, but Springsteen had plenty of empty seats available during his ball park tour in 2003. He couldn't even sell out Shea Stadium. U2's venue in Dublin, Ireland is a 160,000 capacity and it sold out twice for this tour.

Journeytoll

I just did some research on Bruces' site..during the 2003 Stadium tour, he played 7 nights at Giants Stadium, then came back next month for 3 more, and then back to NY at Shea for 3 more after that...let's see, 13 shows at 90,000 per...[/quote]

U2 is the more popular band with current material. I'd rather have root canal surgery than attend a boring Bruce Springsteen concert.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:47 pm

Troll. Troll. Troll

...pissed at Journey

...like the mother who is always telling her kids how much better all the other kids in the neighborhood are doing.....at school, at sports, etc, yadda, yadda

It's OFF topic but ON topic thru the back door

Troll, you have plenty to say about Journey, so just say it and leave MY MAN Bono and his U2 on their own site?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:34 pm

Whatever, Troll...You are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wrong it is.. :lol:

Look dude, I like U2, but they are no bigger than Journey was in mid 80's...I can understand you jocking their momentum, but Duran Duran?? My God..They are fruitier than my Froot Loops I eat on occasion..Plus they have shitty music, and look like chicks..not my cup of tea..Seriously, you could throw in Human League, After the Fire, Missing Persons, and the Flock of Seagulls, gather em up, throw them in a giant blender and pour out four barrels of liquid shit...

BTW, I researched the Springsteen numbers that you told me he did not sellout all 13 NY area shows..well, you were dead wrong. He set an all time record for attendance in America for a 1 month period..EVERY show was sold out, including Shea.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby JourneyTroll » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:41 am

perryfaithful wrote:Troll. Troll. Troll

...pissed at Journey

...like the mother who is always telling her kids how much better all the other kids in the neighborhood are doing.....at school, at sports, etc, yadda, yadda

It's OFF topic but ON topic thru the back door

Troll, you have plenty to say about Journey, so just say it and leave MY MAN Bono and his U2 on their own site?

We can talk about other bands here too, Perryfaithful. Why are you mad at me? Aren't you happy that I scored two GA tickets to see U2 in Boston? :P

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby JourneyTroll » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:44 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Whatever, Troll...You are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wrong it is.. :lol:

Look dude, I like U2, but they are no bigger than Journey was in mid 80's...I can understand you jocking their momentum, but Duran Duran?? My God..They are fruitier than my Froot Loops I eat on occasion..Plus they have shitty music, and look like chicks..not my cup of tea..Seriously, you could throw in Human League, After the Fire, Missing Persons, and the Flock of Seagulls, gather em up, throw them in a giant blender and pour out four barrels of liquid shit...

BTW, I researched the Springsteen numbers that you told me he did not sellout all 13 NY area shows..well, you were dead wrong. He set an all time record for attendance in America for a 1 month period..EVERY show was sold out, including Shea.

Thank you for stating I can like other music besides Classic Journey. I am stating that Springsteen didn't sell out Shea Stadium during the ballpark tours. The numbers may state otherwise, but I know there were empty seats at his show. Just because I don't like Springsteen doesn't mean he isn't popular or great. The only way I'd go to see Springsteen is if Joe Reardon was at my side with free tickets. :lol:

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Return to Journey