Postby artinis1 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:53 am

from nick,
based on the q & a with steve perry, what are the chances we will
see the houston live dvd and other live concerts on dvd, i think it still
sounds promising, any info is appreciated
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:37 am

Promising is not the word I would use. He said he and Journey did not find the offer from Sony agreeable.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:10 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Promising is not the word I would use. He said he and Journey did not find the offer from Sony agreeable.

I think a few have asked John Kalodner for some clarification here, since he had apparently been following this.

Speaking of John Kalodner, he has put up a picture at his site of himself and Perry at the WOF and also a nice one of the mayor and Perry.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:32 am

I don't know how the music business works, but gosh, you'd think Sony would make a better effort to work it out with Journey band members, giving that they just got their Star at the HOF.

I really hope that Sony & Journey come to an agreement & the DVD can be made for the fans.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:31 am

If there isn't enough moolah in it for Perry, then it's not going to happen. Maybe he just can't get enough, and enjoys holding this up, despite knowing the fans want it.

Speaking of John Kalodner, he has put up a picture at his site of himself and Perry at the WOF and also a nice one of the mayor and Perry.

It's actually Johnny Grant ("Honorary Mayor of Hollywood")
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:38 am

yak wrote:If there isn't enough moolah in it for Perry, then it's not going to happen. Maybe he just can't get enough, and enjoys holding this up, despite knowing the fans want it.

It's actually Johnny Grant ("Honorary Mayor of Hollywood")

It sounded like to me that it was a "joint decision" by ALL the members of Journey, but leave it to you,Yak to turn it into a Steve Perry issue only. :roll:

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:55 am

John Kalodner is no longer at Sony (who owns most of Journey's footage). Kalodner was the biggest advocate for getting the footage out there.
He was also the guy working hand in hand with Steve P. on the dvds.
Now that he is no longer with Sony, who takes up the cause?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:He was also the guy working hand in hand with Steve P. on the dvds.
Now that he is no longer with Sony, who takes up the cause?

I too have been wondering how this works. Even gone from Sony Kalodner was supposedly working on this.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am

I asked him basicaly this same question thru his site...Now that he has left Sony, what will happen to the Journey DVDs and his other Sony projects. I would imagine that he would have to cut ties at some point...but who really knows what projects he can still legaly work on...He never replied back or answered it on his site.

Also, the answer Perry gave was very generic. You can dream up any reason imginable and it could fit under his explanation of "not appropriate at this time". AS for him and Journey being in agreement, does it really suprise you that he spread the blame around to everybody, deserved or not? Given Perry's words, you can make a case to blame anybody or everybody.

IMO, we'll never see another classic DVD. You guys were lucky to get the GH DVD.
Monker
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:37 am

Monker wrote:IMO, we'll never see another classic DVD. You guys were lucky to get the GH DVD.

yea.....and you were the guy who said Perry wouldn't show up at the WOF either, so

Puttin' my money on someone else...LOL
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:00 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Monker wrote:IMO, we'll never see another classic DVD. You guys were lucky to get the GH DVD.

yea.....and you were the guy who said Perry wouldn't show up at the WOF either, so

Puttin' my money on someone else...LOL

I'm with you PF, the DVD could still happen for the fans.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby artinis1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:57 am

from nick,
i am not trying to start any perry bashing here, i just wondered what everyone thought, on the fan asylyum site, a girl asks steve about live footage and he responded by saying that we should know very soon, and judging by the fact that some sites had the houston dvd on a scheduled release, i am guessing that maybe john kalodner wasn't telling the whole truth, it wouldn't suprise me if this dvd was ready to go but got stalled in negotiations over money, i am still optimistic by what steve said, it may only be a matter of time until sony gives in, they know journey is a cash cow to them and this dvd or any other live dvd with perry would be no different,
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 am

[quote="artinis1"]from nick,
i am not trying to start any perry bashing here

and it isn't.....
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:22 am

from nick,
i just wanted to point out that i hoped this did not turn into a perry bashing thread, i am about as big a perry fan as there is, and i really want this dvd to come out, i have a bootleg version of it and it is good, but to have an official release would be awesome as well as other concert videos, i think steve perry at this point in his life realizes how much the fans want this and hopefully he and the new journey can get it done, kaldoner has been very silent on this, usually he is a little more forthcoming with his information
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:18 pm

artinis1 wrote:from nick,
i just wanted to point out that i hoped this did not turn into a perry bashing thread, i am about as big a perry fan as there is, and i really want this dvd to come out, i have a bootleg version of it and it is good, but to have an official release would be awesome as well as other concert videos, i think steve perry at this point in his life realizes how much the fans want this and hopefully he and the new journey can get it done, kaldoner has been very silent on this, usually he is a little more forthcoming with his information

I will bet that Monker and myself are not the only two who have asked Kalodner for an explanation........I know I did long before Perry answered that question at Fan Asylum. John Kalodner always surprises me with answers. Weeks and weeks go by and you have all but forgotten and then he sends you an email. So, I have not given up

I agree that Perry realizes the fans want this! His enthusiasm after the WOF makes me hopeful that he will continue to look at a (or more) Classic concert DVD project!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:24 am

perryfaithful wrote:
artinis1 wrote:from nick,

I will bet that Monker and myself are not the only two who have asked Kalodner for an explanation........I know I did long before Perry answered that question at Fan Asylum. John Kalodner always surprises me with answers. Weeks and weeks go by and you have all but forgotten and then he sends you an email. So, I have not given up

I agree that Perry realizes the fans want this! His enthusiasm after the WOF makes me hopeful that he will continue to look at a (or more) Classic concert DVD project!

It could be too that the reason Kalodner has not responded to fans questions is that he wants to wait, until he has a DEFINITE ANSWER to give to the fans either way.

Kalodner has always been good about answering fans questions, so I'm sure he will answer when he knows something more about it. We fans that WANT this DVD will just have to wait & see until then.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

bam

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:51 pm

I think you are correct Monker...and to be honest, if it would be the same low quality as the GH DVD it wouldn't be anything to miss IMO
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Return to Journey