If you love Journey, check out SHY

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

If you love Journey, check out SHY

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:38 am

You may have seen a lot writeen about the British band called SHY on melodicrock.com. I finally downloaded their new CD (paid for it legally, I might add), and WOW!!!!! It is like Journey recorded a CD between ESC4P3 and Frontiers, and this is it. The singer's voice is similar to Steve Perry, but what makes this CD is the background vocals and instrumentals. I just joined this forum, so forgive me if this topic has been covered. I would be very interested to hear what all of you think of them. Song samples can be heard at http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/ShySunset.htm

I look forward to participating in the Journey forum!
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby Liz22562 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:00 am

Hi there NealisGod and welcome to the Journey Message Board!

I went to the link you provided and listened to a few of the songs. He does actually sound like a young Steve Perry. The music was great - I would definitely purchase this cd.

Thank you for sharing this!

Journey On....
Liz22562
8 Track
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:29 am
Location: Florida

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 am

My pleasure! I just discovered this CD last week, and have not been able to stop playing it. EVERY song is great, and very reminiscent of Journey.
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby Paul_UK » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:05 am

I've been a fan of SHY for many a year and how the awesome Tony Mills isn't a household name is a mystery.

You might want to check out their last album "Unfinished Business" too, also a gem!!
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: If you love Journey, check out SHY

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:37 am

Oh my....a bit of the infinity voice
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Yes! I was very excited to find this group - they seem to be Britain's version of Journey with very strong lead and backup vocals, and great songs. They have been around since 1983! Thank God for the Internet so we can find groups like this.
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Paul_UK wrote:I've been a fan of SHY for many a year and how the awesome Tony Mills isn't a household name is a mystery.

You might want to check out their last album "Unfinished Business" too, also a gem!!


I already ordered it from the same website that has the samples I posted. But they don't have any other Shy CDs except for those two. I hear "Excess All Areas" was their best album. Do you agree, Paul?
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:16 am

NealIsGod wrote:
Paul_UK wrote:I've been a fan of SHY for many a year and how the awesome Tony Mills isn't a household name is a mystery.

You might want to check out their last album "Unfinished Business" too, also a gem!!


I already ordered it from the same website that has the samples I posted. But they don't have any other Shy CDs except for those two. I hear "Excess All Areas" was their best album. Do you agree, Paul?


Excess All Areas is an awesome album from around 1987/88 and I have to agree that this is my fave by the band. I think you should be able to pick that up on the net pretty easily, i'd try CDJapan...they used to have a lot of Shy's back catelogue.

That album features the awesome "Can't Fight The Nights", "Break Down The Walls" (co-written by Don Dokken) and the brilliant ballads "Just Love Me" and "When The Love Is Over". This is AOR heaven!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:32 am

I think these are all the albums that Shy have released that you might like to look out for (not in chronological order)

Excess All Areas
Brave The Storm
Mispent Youth
Once Bitten Twice Shy
Regeneration
Live In Europe
Unfinished Business
Let The Hammer Fall

Happy spending!!!!!
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:13 am

Paul, how do you like their new CD, Sunset and Vine?
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12512
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:25 am

NealIsGod wrote:Paul, how do you like their new CD, Sunset and Vine?


I've not bought it yet as i'm counting the days down til payday, as soon as the money's in the bank then consider it ordered!!!

I have however heard the clips and it sounds just as good as the awesome "Unfinished Business" from a couple of years ago!!
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:24 pm

[quote="Paul_UK"]

Is that Freddie??
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:32 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Is that Freddie??


Yeah! It's Freddie and Brian May! Nice Avatar, I say there!
User avatar
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:49 am
Location: San Antonio, TX USA

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:48 pm

Fernando Ramirez wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:Is that Freddie??


Yeah! It's Freddie and Brian May! Nice Avatar, I say there!


VERY NICE Paul!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby Paul_UK » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:15 am

Yup that's the boys! :D

I've been a huge Queen fan since I was little as I was brought up on their music. I think it was Live Aid that blew me away the most...for me, one of the greatest live performances i'd ever seen in my life and very proud to say i was actually there!!
Image
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:29 am

Paul_UK wrote:Yup that's the boys! :D

I've been a huge Queen fan since I was little as I was brought up on their music. I think it was Live Aid that blew me away the most...for me, one of the greatest live performances i'd ever seen in my life and very proud to say i was actually there!!


That is very cool that you got to be there for the show!!
Queen was my first "favorite" band. I have yet to collect all their CDs but I LOVE Queen. One of my first music memories is Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975, I was five years old and living in England at the time. The song IS amazing...at the time I just new that it was unusual and very cool!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby Paul_UK » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:20 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
That is very cool that you got to be there for the show!!
Queen was my first "favorite" band. I have yet to collect all their CDs but I LOVE Queen. One of my first music memories is Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975, I was five years old and living in England at the time. The song IS amazing...at the time I just new that it was unusual and very cool!


Live Aid was the very first concert I ever attended (I've never been one to start on a small scale!!!) when I was a mere 15 year old! I managed to convince my parents to let me go with my older cousin who was 23 at the time! By the time Queen hit the stage at 7:15pm (UK time) we managed to push our way down the front! Oh man, that band smoked 'em all!!!!!

Almost a year later to the day we were back at the same venue watching Queen on what was unknown then to be their last tour.

I remember when I first watched the "Bo Rap" video, those dark shadowy images always scared me!!! I was only 5years old at the time tho!!!! :wink:
Image
User avatar
Paul_UK
45 RPM
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Postby Kuroneko1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:39 am

I would like to reccommend "Departure" for the Fellow jorney fans. Their latest album "corporate wheel" is quite ok. Anyway, just check out the bands name! What else you expect? Anyway, like Shy, they are a good band and make good music.
Kuroneko1
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:03 am
Location: Istanbul - Turkey

Postby Mr.Rock » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:04 am

The song 'Skydiving' from the album 'Unfinished business' could have easily slotted in to a few Journey albums. Very Steve Perry sounding.
User avatar
Mr.Rock
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:58 am
Location: London


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests