Just the facts

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Just the facts

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:25 pm

Eric wrote:perryfaithful:

PUH-LEEEZE. I was sticking up for Journey fans who have been badgered by Perryonlies. I still wonder why Perryonlies come on here to criticize something that others like - it makes ZERO sense!

Because they have no where else to go. Even the Perry forums ban them.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:45 pm

Monker wrote: If they did they'd be locked up in a rubber room. I spose they'd like that tho...the accoustics may be good enough to sing "Somewhere There's Hope" over and over again.

Hahahaha LOL hahahahahah

Best Post of the day. Easily.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Marabelle » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:52 pm

Obviously you don't know much about the Perry Forums. I am a proud member of the Banned from MY Forum. LOL! If I had to do it again well I'd not do a thing differently. I am still a frequent visitor to other forums as well; I wouldn't doubt I"d eventually get banned again. Actuallybeing banned only reinforces my belief in individual and independent thinking. I do have a mind and will express myself.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Liz22562 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:02 am

Hi Perryfaithful,

Yes, I have seen Journey with the current lineup. I will be very honest in stating that I was EXTREMELY hesitant to see them with Steve Augeri singing lead as I could not even fathom that anyone could sing a Journey song the way Stever Perry sang his Journey-era music.

The long and the short of it is that I have seen them 3 times already. Steve Augeri was amazing to watch on stage. The music that Jon, Neal, Ross, and Deen put out was wonderful. They were amazing shows. I couldn't see anyone sitting down and the crowd sang to every song they played.

Yes, the 'voice' was different, but as another musician so effectively put it, "the song(s) remains the same"...

I do miss the voice of Steve Perry, but I'm glad Journey still tours.
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:24 am

Liz22562 wrote:Hi Perryfaithful,

Yes, I have seen Journey with the current lineup. I will be very honest in stating that I was EXTREMELY hesitant to see them with Steve Augeri singing lead as I could not even fathom that anyone could sing a Journey song the way Stever Perry sang his Journey-era music.

The long and the short of it is that I have seen them 3 times already. Steve Augeri was amazing to watch on stage. The music that Jon, Neal, Ross, and Deen put out was wonderful. They were amazing shows. I couldn't see anyone sitting down and the crowd sang to every song they played.

Yes, the 'voice' was different, but as another musician so effectively put it, "the song(s) remains the same"...

Thanks Liz for getting back
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:52 am

Eric wrote:Perryfaithful:
Yeah calling someone a dick and telling them to shut-up is very fair and respectful. That makes a lot of sense :roll:

It DOES if you consider that Perry called Mark and Brian 'dicks' so PF can't very well diss this, because she would then have to diss her idol....

I guess Perry was 'fair and respectful' when he called two WORKING people 'dicks.' :lol:
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:29 am

yak wrote:
It DOES if you consider that Perry called Mark and Brian 'dicks' so PF can't very well diss this, because she would then have to diss her idol....

I guess Perry was 'fair and respectful' when he called two WORKING people 'dicks.' :lol:

It seems to me that is NOT how LaWoman told the story
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:00 am

Liz22562 wrote:Hi Perryfaithful,

That is exactly what I went through. I skipped Journey the first time. I decided, after much "soul-searching" to give them a shot the 2nd time they came through. I have seen them 4 times now. Steve Augeri was very timid the first time I saw him, it took him half the show to real get going. I understood this because he was in front of a crowd FULL of people who felt like I did...skeptical. And he did not have a perfect show. But he WAS good, and once he and the audience warmed up he was better. Steve showed his potential. Then I bought Arrival and I was hooked. Steve has finally hit his groove. For me, I would say it was during the Under The Radar Tour...that was the BEST show I have seen! Steve got a lot of crap for going barefoot, but I think it was sort of a defining moment for him. He finally felt completely comfortable and completely himself onstage.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:05 am

It seems hypocritcal of some here who get all upset over being called a "dick", but BEFORE when someone else on this board was name calling and using language like "No good dirty ass liar" & some other colorful language towards others, it sure didn't seem to bother SOME of you at all.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby DarrenUK » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:08 am

And I thought the Froy V Monker & Adam arguament on the Styx board was entertaining this is far better......OK folks the Bells about to sound for round 7....DING DING
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Journey