Which song's absence on the vegas dvd is most impermissible?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Which song's absence on the vegas dvd is most impermissible?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:59 am

For me it has to be "Only the Young"?
What were they thinking?

Ya' simply gotta have "Only the Young".

Anyone else?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:50 am

After seeing them last summer, I think "Edge of the Blade" would have been the best song to add to the DVD. Even people who I was with who had never heard that song said that was one of the best parts of the show.

I have always wanted to see Journey play "Dead or Alive" in concert. That song kicks ass.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:20 am

NealIsGod wrote:After seeing them last summer, I think "Edge of the Blade" would have been the best song to add to the DVD. Even people who I was with who had never heard that song said that was one of the best parts of the show.

I have always wanted to see Journey play "Dead or Alive" in concert. That song kicks ass.

They didn't play Dead or Alive at the concert you attended this past summer? They played here at Deleware. I was fairly certain it was a staple of every concert this past tour. I'm sorry you missed seeing that.
It rocked.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:28 am

No they did not play it. They must have been trying to piss me off! :evil:
NealIsGod
MP3

Re: Which song's absence on the vegas dvd is most impermissi

Postby Paul_UK » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:For me it has to be "Only the Young"?
What were they thinking?

Ya' simply gotta have "Only the Young".

Anyone else?

Oh without a doubt, 'Only The Young'! That deserves a place on any Journey set list.
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Re: Which song's

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:31 am

It doesn't seem like they usually play Ask the Lonely AND Only the Young...oddly enough. I would also say that IMO Only the Young is not one of Augeri's better songs...just my opinion...and it is one of the rare J tunes that actually sounds better in studio than live...again just my opinion...

I think being that they were trying to showcase themselves without their 80's star Mr. P, it was absolutely bizarre they didn't play Just the Same Way and Feeling that Way/Anytime.......get Rolie to join them....say HEY here we are in 2000! This was another weird case of them not showing off some of their non-Perry core material. I would have played To Play some Music and On a Saturday Night...played Remember Me...you know...drop like Send her my Love and LTS for some of their nonP material that people also know and like...
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:52 am

Eric wrote: I would also say that IMO Only the Young is not one of Augeri's better songs...just my opinion...and it is one of the rare J tunes that actually sounds better in studio than live...again just my opinion...

I'm interested in how you came to that conclusion.
I'll be the first to admit that Augeri does some songs better than others, however, as far as "only the young" is concerned, he nails it every time with perfection. I have heard it live several times with my own ears and I also have in my possession 5 boots from varying tours and on all of them he nails it. Out of all the Perry tunes, he handles this one the most facilely, I think. He does a mean "Stone in Love", as well.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:16 pm

Frankly, I don't really have a good reason...no instance where I'm obsessing about a high note or something....perhaps I just don't like it live as much or something...OH YEAH...I have heard Perry sing it live, I didn't care for that either (as much as studio).

Stone in Love is Augeri's best IMO.....Be Good to Yourself is right up there along with Sep Ways and Anyway You want it....
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:47 am

Don't forget, Message of Love was cut from the 2001 DVD. I think they should have included it and maybe edited the jam session, a tad? MOL was a dynamite opener during the Arrival tour '01.
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 am

When you Love A Woman-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby RubyTequila » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:29 am

When You Love A Woman
I have PMS and ESP....That makes me a BITCH who knows everything!!

RubyTequila
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:02 am

Definately should have had Remember Me.

I think it was smart to stay away from the TBF material at the time. Too many bad things associated with it...for most, it would be a reminder of what was to be a magical time for Journey fans.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:12 pm

jrnyjetster,

I really don't agree that MOL went over at all, which is why they switched it to Anyway You Want it half way through the tour or so. The crowd at Saratoga looked confused by it. The song has a few moments, but it mostly sounds like an attempt to update Sep Ways. I'm all for more new music...but you have to come out flying with a hit IMO.....
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:46 am

They DID play Only the Young at Vegas, I was there. MOL was not played at the Vegas Indoor show, but yes, they opened with it on the following tour.

Only the Young is Augeris best song. Herbie even told Augee that "this is your song, dude."

I thought that DVD was the best sounding live show I have ever heard..from anyone!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:46 am

They DID play Only the Young at Vegas, I was there. MOL was not played at the Vegas Indoor show, but yes, they opened with it on the following tour.

Only the Young is Augeris best song. Herbie even told Augee that "this is your song, dude."

I thought that DVD was the best sounding live show I have ever heard..from anyone!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:03 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:They DID play Only the Young at Vegas, I was there. MOL was not played at the Vegas Indoor show, but yes, they opened with it on the following tour.

I've always thought Augeri performed "Only the Young" really well. It's interesting to hear that the illustrious Herbie Herbert feels the same way. I'm interested to know, when did he say that to Augeri, Rock'nDeano?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:29 am

NC- I read that in a Herbie interview online..Perhaps it was the "Big Herbie interview?" In fact I think it was..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:44 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:NC- I read that in a Herbie interview online..Perhaps it was the "Big Herbie interview?" In fact I think it was..

I believe there is a part in that said interview wherein Herbie speaks of a particular concert where Augeri finally found his niche in the band. Nothing on specifically "Only the Young" though.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Return to Journey