Tall Stories: Yay or Nay?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Tall Stories: Yay or Nay?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:22 am

What do people think of this album?

IMO I can honestly say there isn't a single bad track out of the bunch. What a record!
One only hopes the next Journey album will be nearly this good.

What does everyone else think of this overlooked gem?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:54 pm

An absolutely great melodicrock album. Often times, when I put on an old cd that is new to me, I don't get much of a vibe from it. It will sound dated and it won't mean much to me because there is nothing to associate the music with. But Tall Stories was different. I put that CD on and fell in love with it immediately! I feel confident in saying that if the CD had been released 2-3 years sooner than it would have been quite successful. Sadly, it was released the same time as 10 by Pearl Jam and the whole 'grunge' phenomina (sp?). Tall Stories did not get a fair shake. They got to tour with Mr. Big but it was during the decline of Mr. Big's limited popularity. There are a couple of tracks that I could skip, but I don't. I enjoy the whole CD anyway.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Kuroneko1 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:25 pm

I still remember this album. I was a student at uni in England back then.
Critics absolutely adored it and gave full reviews. I travelled to London to get a copy from legendary hades record shop.
Tall stories was one of those bands who had incredible talent but thanks so much for the record company, did not make it. However debut album is still ranks among the very best. Like diving for pearls, they made an unforgettable album and unfortunately dissapeared.
Steve Augeri's vocals in this album are classy as usual.
Kuroneko1
Radio Waves

Postby Abitaman » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:58 pm

Tall Stories is a gret cd. The band really rocked. Did not get this cd untill after Augeri joined Journey. I started serching for what he had done before. Worth picking up.
Augeri's other cd "Shine" with the groupTyketto is pretty good too. Not as good as Tall Stories, but still good.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Captain_Chaos » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:21 pm

I had TALL STORIES before Augeri joines JOURNEY.
Very good Melodicrock CD. :wink:
Captain_Chaos
Fresh Air

Return to Journey