Favorite song played on this past year's tour?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Favorite song played on this past year's tour?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:42 am

What was your favorite song heard on this past year's tour?

For me, it would be "Suzanne".

Hands down.

When Deen first opened his mouth and started singing, the jaws of everone around me dropped straight to the floor. One fan in front of me pointed to Steve and jokingly whispered to me "his days may be numbered".

Runner up would be "Dead or Alive".
Always wanted to hear it played live. Glad I finally got the chance.

Not only does Journey feature one the most (if not thee) pre-eminent guitarists of our time, but it also can now sport having two of the best vocalists currently out there.
I can't wait to see what suprises this year's tour will have in store for us.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:52 am

I didn't go last year because they didn't come here. I was going to road trip but two things stood in the way. 1) Finances. One week later everything was fine, but it was a little too late. 2) I wanted to see new material. Neal had mentioned the band rehearsing 3 songs to preview on the tour. Up until the show I was going to go to, they had NOT played any brand new material. They never did. I was excited to hear Deen sing. I especially wanted to hear Mother, Father. But because the new material never debuted, I decided I wasn't going.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby SF-Dano » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:11 am

I was glad after seeing many Journey shows over the years, to finally catch Mother, Father live. Deen did an incredible job on this one also. :D

Would have loved to have heard Dead or Alive. What a rockin' tune. Still waiting to hear that one live. 8)
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:52 am

I agree that Suzanne was great. I don't really have any feelings for the recorded version, but it was great live. Deen is such an asset to Journey. Mother, Father was great, too. My favorite Journey song is ESC4P3, so that is always a joy to hear live.
NealIsGod
MP3

Return to Journey