The Frontiers & Beyond DVD recently re-released in Japan

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The Frontiers & Beyond DVD recently re-released in Japan

Postby jrnyjetster » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:32 pm

:?: Does anyone own a copy of this import? I'd be curious to know if Sony may have possibly touched it up a bit and perhaps remastered the audio in 5.1 digital surround sound? Or is this the same DVD version that was put together by Allen Craft and released thru journeyswag a few years back and subsequently pulled? Anyone have any information on this? Why the decision to excusively re-release this ONLY in Japan?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Captain_Chaos » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:30 pm

I wait hard for the Frontiers & Beyond DVD and I hope that there will be some Bonus Material on it.
I hope that the DVD will be released in Europe too.
Captain_Chaos
Fresh Air

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:15 am

:oops: According to OZZ (who is from Japan) at Back Talk, this release has supposedly been delayed and he has it on back order.

I'd still like more information on this, though....ANDREW, any clue?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Re: The Frontiers & Beyond DVD recently re-released in J

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:39 am

jrnyjetster wrote::?: Does anyone own a copy of this import? I'd be curious to know if Sony may have possibly touched it up a bit and perhaps remastered the audio in 5.1 digital surround sound? Or is this the same DVD version that was put together by Allen Craft and released thru journeyswag a few years back and subsequently pulled? Anyone have any information on this? Why the decision to excusively re-release this ONLY in Japan?

I've got a better question. Why the hell was Allen Craft unceremoniously fired from the band? I recall him releasing info about Perry having a daughter on Back Talk. I found that to be out of line. It really wasn't his place to be releasing that sort of private information (about any band member). Nonetheless, he is now fired. People posted a question for him on Back Talk and he responded with a despondent, "Allen doesn't work here anymore".

What the hell happened?

Anyone know?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:47 am

:x There are a select few that know what happened with Allen, but I honestly don't know. If I had to guess, possibly a $$$ issue? Either way, it's not relevant to this topic.
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:29 am

jrnyjetster wrote::x There are a select few that know what happened with Allen, but I honestly don't know. If I had to guess, possibly a $$$ issue? Either way, it's not relevant to this topic.

Just askin, man. No need for the angry face icon.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:09 am

Neal had posted a "reason" for it. It sounded very "official", sort of like Gregg's "official" reason for leaving Journey. But I do not recall what it was. I know that OhSherrie was very happy about it so she remember more about it. ;) But Allen still has a good relationship with the band and he still handles selling and merchandising of Neal's old guitars and accessories. I really think he was "fired" for PR. He still posts occasionally on Back Talk as BanaNAllen and he posts occasionally at The Cooler. He has a website too, but I do not remember what it is.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby arden » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:09 am

I believe that BananALAN and Allen Craft are two entirely different people.

The last post I saw from Allen Craft had him living somewhere in the south with something less than a pleasant relationship with people from BT.

jrnyman28 wrote:Neal had posted a "reason" for it. It sounded very "official", sort of like Gregg's "official" reason for leaving Journey. But I do not recall what it was. I know that OhSherrie was very happy about it so she remember more about it. ;) But Allen still has a good relationship with the band and he still handles selling and merchandising of Neal's old guitars and accessories. I really think he was "fired" for PR. He still posts occasionally on Back Talk as BanaNAllen and he posts occasionally at The Cooler. He has a website too, but I do not remember what it is.
arden
Radio Waves

Postby Argus » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:17 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Neal had posted a "reason" for it. It sounded very "official", sort of like Gregg's "official" reason for leaving Journey. But I do not recall what it was. I know that OhSherrie was very happy about it so she remember more about it. ;) But Allen still has a good relationship with the band and he still handles selling and merchandising of Neal's old guitars and accessories. I really think he was "fired" for PR. He still posts occasionally on Back Talk as BanaNAllen and he posts occasionally at The Cooler. He has a website too, but I do not remember what it is.

Alan Rosen =Banana Alan

Allen Craft = AlienC not currently posting on any forum.
Argus
8 Track

Postby jrnyjetster » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:22 am

so, I guess no one has any info on this 'Japan' version?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby arden » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:53 am

http://www.cdxpress.co.uk/acatalog/Onli ... y_118.html

jrnyjetster wrote:so, I guess no one has any info on this 'Japan' version?
arden
Radio Waves

Postby Abitaman » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:05 am

I had this at one time on VHS, and really didn't care for it. It was more of a behind the workings of the band, and less of a concert. At what concert footage they had was poor-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Journey