Could this be the last hurrah....????

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Could this be the last hurrah....????

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:42 pm

Let's face it. Unless GENERATIONS kicks ass in sales, Journey will be looked at as a nostolgia band spitting out greatest hits and nothing more.
Just my objective look at things...don't get me wrong I WILL go to their shows as long as they are out there touring.
Thoughts?
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Abitaman » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:01 pm

They need to get a label behind them here in the states. And they really don't need to be to picky about it. Look at Styx, they were signed to a little label, got some radio play and some good touring going , and eneded up getting signed to a big label. Journey can tour all they want, but without a label to put out the new material, people will think they are just a hits band. Face it, most people don't know Journey is coming out with anew cd. So then most people will think this is just another hits tour-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Andrew » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:13 pm

You know what? I don't think CD saleswill have any baring at all in regards to the band's future.

There's little money in making new albums, so I think the band does it to stay creative....after all, it's part of the artform...

But the money is in touring and the guys do very well at this - so long as all can stand and perform, that's a hard carrot to ignore.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Abitaman » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 am

I know, I just like to hear new music from my favorite rock groups, Styx, Journey, REO, Foreigner, and Rush. I guess as they get older, it's gonna be hard to get new music out of them.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: Could this be the last hurrah....????

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 am

[quote="OpeningAct"]Let's face it. Unless GENERATIONS kicks ass in sales, Journey will be looked at as a nostolgia band spitting out greatest hits and nothing more.

Oh no, not true.

Look at Mr. Springsteens latest release..I don't think it has gone platinum, but he sure sells more seats than anyone(still), and Andrew is correct, touring is where the bank is. Besides, Has Journey ever put out a shit album? Never, so I really think as long as they look good, sound good, and sell tickets, they will tour; maybe not every year, but possibly every other. I was wondering about Cain's and Neal's kids..how they might want to slow it down for them. I honestly think Cain, Schon, and Valory are giving one last push of activity for payback to their fans..I respect those guys,,all class. As far as Deen and Augee..they are still young and can forge ahead on their collective own if they need tol.

Dude, this is Journey, be optimistic. :lol:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:36 pm

I think Andrew's post was perfect!

BUT, one thing to remember, Jon was quoted as saying that if Journey doesn't "make it" again than he is done with Rock 'n' Roll. But what is Jon's definition of "making it"? It could simply be successfully touring...but Jon is also quoted as saying he really wants a hit for Steve and Deen. When he said that, it almost sounded like 'Once we get a hit for those guys, I'm out'.

Maybe Deeno is right, family could have something to do with it. But really, Journey tours the summer, approximately 4 months of the year, when the kids are out of school. So there is still plenty of 'family time' available.

Who knows how long Journey will continue? But I don't think that decision relys on the 'success' of "Generations".
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:50 am

jrnyman28 wrote:BUT, one thing to remember, Jon was quoted as saying that if Journey doesn't "make it" again than he is done with Rock 'n' Roll.

jrnyman28 wrote:When he said that, it almost sounded like 'Once we get a hit for those guys, I'm out'.

I don't think Jon sounded nearly as despondent or hell-bent on getting "BIG" again. It sounded to me that he was simply saying how it'd be nice to get this lineup on the radio and for the band, Journey, to get on the radio at least one more time before they all call it a day.
He was just musing optimistically IMO.
You make it sound like he is obsessed and that acheiving a hit single is a matter of life or death for the man.
I didn't perceive it that way.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:01 am

You are probably correct NC.
I don't really believe Jon is ready to hang it up.
But it is a definite possibility that Journey will let go on forever...or even 5 more years.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:10 am

You can't just go with the greatest hits thing for too long Dave.

They should have found someone as good as, or better than Perry. Good luck!

They're only riding his coatails now. It's still the songs his voice made famous.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:07 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:You can't just go with the greatest hits thing for too long Dave.

Wanna bet?

heardonthestreet wrote:They should have found someone as good as, or better than Perry.

Who do you reccomend?

heardonthestreet wrote:They're only riding his coatails now. It's still the songs his voice made famous.

YAWN.
Haven't we been here before? :roll:
This all seems so awfully familiar to me.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby mamos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:09 am

OK, what does success mean. If it just means successfully touring Journey have no problems there.

If it's cd sales, then that's down to us the fans. I for one have already pre ordered my copy. and can not wait to hear the full cd.

If you just want to see a greatest hits band and wonder how long they can continue to tour, then look at Kansas, only 2 studio albums since 1988's In The Spirit of Things. And still successfully touring.

An idea to boost cd sales. I can remember reading that Prince gave a copy of his cd away as part of the ticket price for a show. Bearing in mind the small amount of money that a cd costs to record now(the fact that all these guys have a home studio helps) surely a couple of dollars/pounds on a ticket would not put off the ticket buying public and would also push new material from one of our favourite bands.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Memo to Mamos...

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:54 am

An idea to boost cd sales. I can remember reading that Prince gave a copy of his cd away as part of the ticket price for a show. Bearing in mind the small amount of money that a cd costs to record now(the fact that all these guys have a home studio helps) surely a couple of dollars/pounds on a ticket would not put off the ticket buying public and would also push new material from one of our favourite bands.[/quote]

Hey bro, welcome. Can I give you some advice? Read the last 10 or so posts(excluding ANY from journeytroll), and you will see what the band is doing. Your idea? well, they are already implementing that. Every ticket bought is a CD given away.

PS- don't give one "F-ing" listen or care to the "Perryheads" and their Goddamned moronic replies....they are out to see the current Journey finished. They are all just pissed because perry-boy isn't around anylonger, and they think the rest of the band booted him...they didn't, but perhaps they should have.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Re: Memo to Mamos...

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:36 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:An idea to boost cd sales. I can remember reading that Prince gave a copy of his cd away as part of the ticket price for a show. Bearing in mind the small amount of money that a cd costs to record now(the fact that all these guys have a home studio helps) surely a couple of dollars/pounds on a ticket would not put off the ticket buying public and would also push new material from one of our favourite bands.

Hey bro, welcome. Can I give you some advice? Read the last 10 or so posts(excluding ANY from journeytroll), and you will see what the band is doing. Your idea? well, they are already implementing that. Every ticket bought is a CD given away.

PS- don't give one "F-ing" listen or care to the "Perryheads" and their Goddamned moronic replies....they are out to see the current Journey finished. They are all just pissed because perry-boy isn't around anylonger, and they think the rest of the band booted him...they didn't, but perhaps they should have.[/quote]

I have said this before....Prince's give away CD(if it really can be considered that!) did nothing for me. LOVED the show however.

Telling a new person how to think is really mature of you Rock!
If I were the new guy on the block and had half a brain, I would wish to do my own thinking. Where is your faith in Journey without having to control all posts on them? You would make a good mod at BT with that attitude!
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Re: Memo to Mamos...

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:32 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:An idea to boost cd sales. I can remember reading that Prince gave a copy of his cd away as part of the ticket price for a show. Bearing in mind the small amount of money that a cd costs to record now(the fact that all these guys have a home studio helps) surely a couple of dollars/pounds on a ticket would not put off the ticket buying public and would also push new material from one of our favourite bands.

PS- don't give one "F-ing" listen or care to the "Perryheads" and their Goddamned moronic replies....they are out to see the current Journey finished. They are all just pissed because perry-boy isn't around anylonger, and they think the rest of the band booted him...they didn't, but perhaps they should have.[/quote]

Gee Rock'ndeano, in another thread you were just apologizing to me for the way you responded to my post, now your calling the Perry fans replies here "moronic".

We ALL have our OWN opinions & views on the matter, but just because it differs from your view doesn't make our replies "moronic" as you said.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:03 pm

You know Lori, I was starting to actually think you were not as "polluted in thought" as the others..I did apologize to you and meant it.

Look, if you "hate" the band as it is now, I think that sucks, as there is no reason to. Us "others" who support the current band don't hate Perry.

And I will stand by what I said. You want proof that the P-heads statements are truely moronic? How about these gems from the always quotable HOTS.

1) 3 weeks ago in the thread, "Will generations rock?" HOTS reply- "Generations absolutely will not rock. You heard it here first." a) I didn't know she could foretell the future, and b) she is so far wrong, flat wrong. Of the two samples, they both rock.

2) Just read her replies and "honest opinions" if she ever had one. "I think it is flat and monotonous." or- "The singer is straining to be heard." Those aren't opinions. No? The singers' vox are up front and personal.

I just dispelled the myth that HOTS has an "honest opinion." She is about as honest as the Iraqi war.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:36 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:You know Lori, I was starting to actually think you were not as "polluted in thought" as the others..I did apologize to you and meant it.

Look, if you "hate" the band as it is now, I think that sucks, as there is no reason to. Us "others" who support the current band don't hate Perry.

And I will stand by what I said. You want proof that the P-heads statements are truely moronic? How about these gems from the always quotable HOTS.

1) 3 weeks ago in the thread, "Will generations rock?" HOTS reply- "Generations absolutely will not rock. You heard it here first." a) I didn't know she could foretell the future, and b) she is so far wrong, flat wrong. Of the two samples, they both rock.

2) Just read her replies and "honest opinions" if she ever had one. "I think it is flat and monotonous." or- "The singer is straining to be heard." Those aren't opinions. No? The singers' vox are up front and personal.

I just dispelled the myth that HOTS has an "honest opinion." She is about as honest as the Iraqi war.

You know rock'ndeano it is really difficult to see sincerity in anything you say, when you write things like you did in the other thread that I read. Something about "Going off on Perryheads and you think it is a fun sport".

My post was to you! Notice I didn't bring anyone else in the conversation to you. What was said by others does not have anything to do with my response to you.

I know Andrew lets you get by with saying A LOT of things, and that's fine, but I feel it is a double standard, when he jumps on a Perry fan for saying something, but doesn't hold the rest of you accountable.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are going to dish it out, then be prepared to take it as well. :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:13 am

I think Andrew just doesn't like the pissy little Augeri vs. Perry stuff that, amazingly, still gets brought up in here. And the posts that offer nothing substantial and are only designed to elicit a negative response from Journey fans.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:06 am

You know rock'ndeano it is really difficult to see sincerity in anything you say, when you write things like you did in the other thread that I read. Something about "Going off on Perryheads and you think it is a fun sport".

My post was to you! Notice I didn't bring anyone else in the conversation to you. What was said by others does not have anything to do with my response to you.

I know Andrew lets you get by with saying A LOT of things, and that's fine, but I feel it is a double standard, when he jumps on a Perry fan for saying something, but doesn't hold the rest of you accountable.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are going to dish it out, then be prepared to take it as well. :D

Lori[/quote]

Lori-

Listen carefully. This is NOT Backtalk. We can say anything we want here, in just about everyway. The majority here are honest. Who wants to go someplace to talk up "yeah yeah" and ra ra?" That gets real old. HOWEVER, isn't it plain as day to you, that CERTAIN individuals are here for one reason and one reason only? To derail the current state of the band. So I paid 35 bucks? I was just trying to show my adulation for a well run, honest site. If a song sucks or Augeri blows it, so be it. I posted a review on one of the main Event shows, where I thought Augeri completely lost his pipes....They booted me for a week. THAT is bullshit! Bullshit, because I told the truth! I would think Andrew encourages TRUTH, and hates the skirmishes.

If I were Andrew I would establish a "Steve Perry" Board so you all can go over there and melt away in it. However, if he is not going to, I will fight "her" to the bloody end.

Lori, prove a point to me. And if you do, I will shut up.

Name one thing HOTS says that brings anything of substance to the table. ONE thing!

Ok, sweetheart, the ball is in your court.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:16 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:

Listen carefully. This is NOT Backtalk. We can say anything we want here, in just about everyway. .

SO.....why are you trying to control what people say? let folks be
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:28 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:

Listen carefully. This is NOT Backtalk. We can say anything we want here, in just about everyway. .

SO.....why are you trying to control what people say? let folks be

ok.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:23 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:You know rock'ndeano it is really difficult to see sincerity in anything you say, when you write things like you did in the other thread that I read. Something about "Going off on Perryheads and you think it is a fun sport".

Lori

Lori-

Listen carefully. This is NOT Backtalk. We can say anything we want here, in just about everyway. The majority here are honest. Who wants to go someplace to talk up "yeah yeah" and ra ra?" That gets real old. HOWEVER, isn't it plain as day to you, that CERTAIN individuals are here for one reason and one reason only? To derail the current state of the band. So I paid 35 bucks? I was just trying to show my adulation for a well run, honest site. If a song sucks or Augeri blows it, so be it. I posted a review on one of the main Event shows, where I thought Augeri completely lost his pipes....They booted me for a week. THAT is bullshit! Bullshit, because I told the truth! I would think Andrew encourages TRUTH, and hates the skirmishes.

If I were Andrew I would establish a "Steve Perry" Board so you all can go over there and melt away in it. However, if he is not going to, I will fight "her" to the bloody end.

Lori, prove a point to me. And if you do, I will shut up.

Name one thing HOTS says that brings anything of substance to the table. ONE thing!

Ok, sweetheart, the ball is in your court.[/quote]

Well rock'ndeano, you said to name one thing that HOTS says that brings substance to the table, so here is the one thing, HOTS has always said she is Steve Perry/Journey fan!

I believe that brings LOTS of substance to the table!

Now remember it was YOU who just posted above that you can say anything you want here, in just about everyway, so what ANYONE else says shouldn't be a problem for you either. :) :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:33 am

Well rock'ndeano, you said to name one thing that HOTS says that brings substance to the table, so here is the one thing, HOTS has always said she is Steve Perry/Journey fan!

I believe that brings LOTS of substance to the table!

Now remember it was YOU who just posted above that you can say anything you want here, in just about everyway, so what ANYONE else says shouldn't be a problem for you either. :) :D

Lori[/quote]

Thats it?! 3 hours for that? Oh, shit! I never would have guessed she was a Perry fan! Goddammit, wake me, wake me!

Lori, guess what? I am a Steve Perry fan too. I just don't bash him, you know why? There is no one left to bash! He isn't here.

So I figured it out. The fact that Perry is gone, out of site, is reason to try and kill off the reast of the band, which still lives on? I get it now.

Lori, try another one.. That was lame.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:37 am

I think she proved your point for you, Deano.
NealIsGod
MP3

Return to Journey