Perry's voice on David Pack's new song.......SAD

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:03 am

NealIsGod wrote:Oh, so it isn't Journey's call. Why would a venue be against that?

It has something to do with the venues accounting policies...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:04 am

Yeah, and look at the recent pic that TNC uses as his avatar. I love the guy, but Steve Perry has never been accused of being masculine! He is a member of the 98 pound bench press club!
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:42 am

Yeah, NIG. That's why the concert crowd turned into mostly women and not a bad thing according to Neal. That's why there are so many Perry websites even if unofficial. His picture galleries on all sites are more than worthy of spending a hour or two viewing.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:04 am

You can spend an hour on his left nostril alone.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:35 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Yeah, NIG. That's why the concert crowd turned into mostly women and not a bad thing according to Neal. That's why there are so many Perry websites even if unofficial. His picture galleries on all sites are more than worthy of spending a hour or two viewing.

Look you dumb bitch, it's called star power. Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger, David lee Roth, and Tom Petty..I am better lookin than all those ugly fuckers, but they get more tail than I do... Wha'ts your point?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:51 am

Guffawed in my cube over your nostril post NealIsGod.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NoMoreTails » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:52 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
heardonthestreet wrote:Sorry Ruby!
That was the 70's and how they all dressed. Augeri looks like someone out of the 70's, now.

That is NOT how "they" all dressed. Many reviewers and critics reported the androgynous/feminine look of Perry. Some were so bad that they ignored his voice because of his appearance. Look at the back cover of Departure....UuuGH!

jrnyman28,
Is the picture you're talking about the one where Perry looks like an Afghan Hound? I felt that some of Perry's early fashion choices were a little too femine at times, as was his late 70s voice on occasion, IMO. I was a Journey fan in spite of his voice for a while and came to appreciate his talent more later. But I always wished he was more of a rocker (or had motivation to do anything at all 1987-1996) but still with the same type of voice...which fortunately Journey now has.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:57 am

NoMoreTails wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:
That was the 70's and how they all dressed. Augeri looks like someone out of the 70's, now.

That is NOT how "they" all dressed. Many reviewers and critics reported the androgynous/feminine look of Perry. Some were so bad that they ignored his voice because of his appearance. Look at the back cover of Departure....UuuGH!

jrnyman28,
Is the picture you're talking about the one where Perry looks like an Afghan Hound? I felt that some of Perry's early fashion choices were a little too femine at times, as was his late 70s voice on occasion, IMO. I was a Journey fan in spite of his voice for a while and came to appreciate his talent more later. But I always wished he was more of a rocker (or had motivation to do anything at all 1987-1996) but still with the same type of voice...which fortunately Journey now has.

Welcome tails..Afghan hound? WTF is that? Don't they eat dogs over there in the sandbox?

I am not going to bash Perry for what he dressed like. Hell, I was so in awe of that guy back then he could have worn garters and a bra, and I would buy the record..

Tails, we, no, I as I have found out an hour ago, am at war with some "perry soldiers." They aren't thinking people, but "things trained to defend the almighty Portugese god himself." Watch your back..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:11 am

NoMoreTails wrote:jrnyman28,
Is the picture you're talking about the one where Perry looks like an Afghan Hound? I felt that some of Perry's early fashion choices were a little too femine at times,

Yep, that is the one!

NoMoreTails wrote:as was his late 70s voice on occasion, IMO. I was a Journey fan in spite of his voice for a while and came to appreciate his talent more later.

I must say that you are in a minority there...but that is cool. I know several people who were Journey fans before Perry, and stopped listening to Journey after Perry's addition. But I doubt they kept going to places where people were talking about Journey, just to attack them.

NoMoreTails wrote:But I always wished he was more of a rocker (or had motivation to do anything at all 1987-1996) but still with the same type of voice...which fortunately Journey now has.

Here, here!

Welcome NoMoreTails! (Great SN too!)
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby NoMoreTails » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:38 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
NoMoreTails wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:

jrnyman28,

Welcome tails..Afghan hound? WTF is that? Don't they eat dogs over there in the sandbox?

I am not going to bash Perry for what he dressed like. Hell, I was so in awe of that guy back then he could have worn garters and a bra, and I would buy the record..

Tails, we, no, I as I have found out an hour ago, am at war with some "perry soldiers." They aren't thinking people, but "things trained to defend the almighty Portugese god himself." Watch your back..

Deano,
Thanks for the warning,
Nothing personal against Perry, just thought that particular picture reminded me of the dog. But I am glad Journey moved on.

http://www.afghan-hound-dogs.com/afghan ... ures-2.htm
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby NoMoreTails » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:56 am

I must say that you are in a minority there...but that is cool. I know several people who were Journey fans before Perry, and stopped listening to Journey after Perry's addition. But I doubt they kept going to places where people were talking about Journey, just to attack them.

NoMoreTails wrote:But I always wished he was more of a rocker (or had motivation to do anything at all 1987-1996) but still with the same type of voice...which fortunately Journey now has.

Here, here!

Welcome NoMoreTails! (Great SN too!)[/quote]

Thanks jrnyman28.
I wish Neal had kept that for publishing after Remember Me.

I didn't intend to give the impression that I didn't like Perry era Journey, I did very much with the exception of ROR. But I was hooked by the music rather than the vocalist. I really began to appeciate how talented a singer he was after the post ROR split.
I liked the harder Journey stuff most of all and wished he had wanted to rock more. I'm glad they now have more of a rock singer with more of a blues influence.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:19 am

heardonthestreet wrote: Very good! Content stinks but delivery shows promise, Dave.

I've always found Dave's posts to be informative, non-biased, and right on the money. He always tries to respond to the likes of you with fairness and without getting angry. A tough job indeed!

Once again, your mean spirited agenda is showing.

heardonthestreet wrote:....plus the fact that concert crowd only wants the old gems, so what do you have? A nice guy covering Classic Journey. That's all the crowd wants.

FYI, I'm going to Journey concerts to hear NEW Journey music from Journey's NEW CD, as well as some of their old material. I've heard the old material enough to last a lifetime. No need to continue hearing only that stuff.

heardonthestreet wrote:They can last awhile with that if Schon doesn't bore the hell out of them with his quitar.

WHAT EVER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Neal is one of the best guitarists in music -- yesterday, today and tomorrow. Maybe all that Krispy Kreme sugar has you delirious.

heardonthestreet wrote:jmho

Come on now! There's absolutely nothing humble about you! Whatsa matter? You are so insecure about your own "self" that you have to put down how members of Journey look or perform? Why not take Ruby's advice and "back away from your crackpipe and get some help!" Then slither away and be gone. :D
Last edited by yak on Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:26 am

[quote="yak"][quote="heardonthestreet"]Come on now! There's absolutely nothing humble about you! Whatsa matter? You are so insecure about your own "self" that you have to put down how members of Journey look or perform?[/quote]

I think HOTS meant the "h" to stand for horrible. :lol:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby mamos » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:55 am

heardonthestreet wrote:
....plus the fact that concert crowd only wants the old gems, so what do you have? A nice guy covering Classic Journey. That's all the crowd wants.

I think most of the people who post here who can make it to a show are going to see Journey for new music as well as the old favourites.

That's why MOST people are so revved about Generations. Which is NEW music.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:54 am

NoMoreTails wrote:Thanks jrnyman28.
I wish Neal had kept that for publishing after Remember Me.

You don't think Perry asked for that change do you? He may have taken it personally...Just a thought, I doubt it really.

NoMoreTails wrote: I was hooked by the music rather than the vocalist. I really began to appeciate how talented a singer he was after the post ROR split.
I liked the harder Journey stuff most of all and wished he had wanted to rock more. I'm glad they now have more of a rock singer with more of a blues influence.

Very cool. I knew what you meant, but it is still a minority since most of us admit to being huge fans of Perry's singing...from the get-go.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:56 am

yak wrote:I've always found Dave's posts to be informative, non-biased, and right on the money. He always tries to respond to the likes of you with fairness and without getting angry. A tough job indeed!

Thank you Yak.
And it is not that tough for me anymore...I have been doing this for YEARS now. I have learned a lot over the course of time, but I still falter once in a while.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:05 am

yak wrote:[ Why not take Ruby's advice and "back away from your crackpipe and get some help!" Then slither away and be gone. :D

EXCUSE ME!? That was my saying! Yes, leave already, you ___.

I am going to start getting copyrighted to protect my sayings on MR.com
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:29 am

jrnyman28 wrote:If Journey had made the switched WHILE they were still in the heights of their popularity, in some ways it would have been easier. If, for no other reason, that their fans would still be listening for new Journey music. Also, it would have been without all the speculation. There would have had to be some sort of official announcement.

I am not sure it is about respect as much as just plain empathy. No one really cares now...except us fans.

I had kind of thought about that as well Jrnyman. In some respects, it would have been easier for Journey to have switched up after Frontiers....I have to say, I still really liked ROR..although I thought it was crappy to let Valory and Smith go.

You know what I think is going to help the melodic rock genre? In my hometown, one of the region's popular radio stations has turned into a true variety station. They play everything....and I do mean EVERYTHING! In fact, I heard Journey on the radio today coming back from lunch. I look at it like this: having true variety stations become popular across the country will allow every genre of music to be on an even level playing field.

I think what has also helped is VH1's Classics channel. They appear to keep up with all the classic acts. I might just be having the case of wishful thinking, but I believe those two things could possibly help melodic rock come back to the mainstream.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:58 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
heardonthestreet wrote:Very good! Content stinks but delivery shows promise, Dave.

So we now know that Augeri isn't a songwriter of note, if at all, and that he needs help on vocals, plus the fact that concert crowd only wants the old gems, so what do you have? A nice guy covering Classic Journey. That's all the crowd wants. They can last awhile with that if Schon dosen't bore the hell out of them with his quitar.

jmho

Augeri sucks. Steve Augeri needs his drummer to help him! How sad is that?! And the guitar is just too loud, and plays sloppy most of the time. The crowd is bored to tears, and I couldn't have agreed with HOTS any more than this. HOTS, you are a dream catch. :wink:

:?:
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby NoMoreTails » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:57 am

[quote="jrnyman28"]You don't think Perry asked for that change do you? He may have taken it personally...Just a thought, I doubt it really.

I wouldn't be surprised, but it never occured to me before. Maybe Neal or Jonathan thought it would cause problems.
I'm surprised more hasn't been said about it on the various forums.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:25 am

Abitaman wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:
heardonthestreet wrote:Very good! Content stinks but delivery shows promise, Dave.

So we now know that Augeri isn't a songwriter of note, if at all, and that he needs help on vocals, plus the fact that concert crowd only wants the old gems, so what do you have? A nice guy covering Classic Journey. That's all the crowd wants. They can last awhile with that if Schon dosen't bore the hell out of them with his quitar.

jmho

Augeri sucks. Steve Augeri needs his drummer to help him! How sad is that?! And the guitar is just too loud, and plays sloppy most of the time. The crowd is bored to tears, and I couldn't have agreed with HOTS any more than this. HOTS, you are a dream catch. :wink:

Sorry abitaman...that was dripping sarcassim..you couldn't tell?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:27 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
Abitaman wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:

jmho

Sorry abitaman...that was dripping sarcassim..you couldn't tell?

Sorry couldn't see that. Something had dripped all over my screen :lol: -ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:31 am

Ewwww... :x
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:39 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Look you dumb bitch, it's called star power.

DUDE - ENOUGH with the abuse!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby RubyTequila » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:50 pm

NealIsGod wrote:You can spend an hour on his left nostril alone.

OMG!! to damn funny NiG!! :lol:
I have PMS and ESP....That makes me a BITCH who knows everything!!

RubyTequila
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:53 pm

screw it, I'm out-
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RubyTequila » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:screw it, I'm out-

Check your PM bud...
I have PMS and ESP....That makes me a BITCH who knows everything!!

RubyTequila
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:52 pm

Greggie wrote:I had kind of thought about that as well Jrnyman. In some respects, it would have been easier for Journey to have switched up after Frontiers..

According to the band's founder and manager, Herbie Herbet, that is precisely what he was encouraging the guys to do. If Herb had his way, Perry would've been out and Kevin Chalfant (of The Storm fame) would've been in. However, either wisely or foolishly (dependent upon which camp ur in) Jon and Neal kept hanging on to the Perry dream.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:03 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:screw it, I'm out-

I can't blame ya if u choose to go.
I think its absolutely ridiculous how Andrew will castigate Deano, meanwhile these Perryloons, these clusters of nothing but designedly negative and incendiary content, are afforded a free pass to go about wreaking havoc here on this otherwise perfectly fine forum.
The user, "ItsMyLife" spewed nothing but pessimistic and pejorative rhetoric for a month or two on the Styx forums and look what happened- he got the boot (and rightfully so).

Well, these 'Heads' have been haunting the Journey forum (doing exactly that) for years now, and Andrew's yet to do a damn thing.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:35 pm

You know what....

You all can do what you fucking like. I'm out...how about that.

This forum is no longer moderated.

PLEASE DO NOT e-mail me or PM me with complaints about other posts or abuse.

I try and do the right freeking thing by everyone - but I give up.

All I ask is that you did not address others with personal abuse. How fucking hard is that?

Ok, I give up. See ya later...
Andrew
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Journey