Of course Perry's voice isn't the same...

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:08 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Define quality and quantity, Nc? :) :) :) :) :) :)

You honestly feel that silence [which is what we, the fans, had to enjoy from 86-98] is better than the music currently being composed and played night after night by the band today? Balderdash!
Any music is better than silence!

If a band isn't playing music, they are a failure at their own embraced and professed craft.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:14 am

The music being composed today by Journey is just fodder for the fire to keep the Journey debate open, imo.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:23 am

heardonthestreet wrote:The music being composed today by Journey is just fodder for the fire to keep the Journey debate open, imo.

Try to wrap your head around this one, instead:

Maybe Jon, Neal, and Steve sit down and write music because, oh, I don't know, maybe, just maybe, because THEY ARE MUSICIANS.

Didcha ever stop and think of that? :roll:

Admittedly, quite a far fetched theory, I know :roll:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:03 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:The music being composed today by Journey is just fodder for the fire to keep the Journey debate open, imo.

To funny...you are implying that the only reason the guys are making music is so you and I will have something to argue about? Those Journey guys sure are great!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby OpeningAct » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:51 pm

Probably THE dumbest post I have EVER read.... :shock: :?
OpeningAct
LP

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:09 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:There's no way in which this band is "better" without Steve Perry.

I can name several ways straight off the top of my head.

For starters, they actually tour and secondly, they release records more often than once in a decade.

How 'bout them apples?

Those things just make them busier, not better.
Them apples are sour.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:15 am

Tastes sweet to me. *slurp*
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:09 am

ohsherrie wrote:Those things just make them busier, not better.

But the comparison isn't "busy" to "busier".
See, with Perry they wouldn't be busy at all, as there would be no Journey.

An actively touring, recording Journey is eons better than NO Journey at all, and that's precisely what we'd have if Perry was still "in" the band; no Journey at all.

It's a moot argument.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:55 pm

ohsherrie wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:There's no way in which this band is "better" without Steve Perry.

I can name several ways straight off the top of my head.

For starters, they actually tour and secondly, they release records more often than once in a decade.

How 'bout them apples?

Those things just make them busier, not better.
Them apples are sour.
Hey, I like the new lineup myself, but OS makes a GREAT point!
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:26 pm

OpeningAct wrote:

The Hell she does! The simple fact that you or her, or I are posting on this board proves her wrong. See, without Journey being in existence, there would be no attention gvin' to them, and then there would no band..so by the very fact Journey are still riding, Yes, They are better now. And that is not a shot at Perry.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:52 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
OpeningAct wrote:

The Hell she does! The simple fact that you or her, or I are posting on this board proves her wrong. See, without Journey being in existence, there would be no attention gvin' to them, and then there would no band..so by the very fact Journey are still riding, Yes, They are better now. And that is not a shot at Perry.
Because they are still riding, they are better now???? :? Ok...now THAT makes sense. :roll: :roll:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:33 pm

OpeningAct wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:
OpeningAct wrote:

Because they are still riding, they are better now???? :? Ok...now THAT makes sense. :roll: :roll:

Well it does if you think about it..A Journey now, is better than a cassette player?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:25 am

The Journey now is a sad legacy to the Journey that was. It should have been left and I for one feel that they would have gotten together again, now and then, with great impact.. It's a sad replica of what they were but I have hopes that someday Classic Journey will reunite for a few specials, before, and God forbid, any of the guys are not able to anymore, for whatever reason.

It's like, it's only rained twice here this past Summer, and not enough to spit at but I have high hopes that it will rain soon, or my garden will dry up and die. Random sprinkling is'nt enough. :wink:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby OpeningAct » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:17 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
OpeningAct wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:
OpeningAct wrote:

Well it does if you think about it..A Journey now, is better than a cassette player?
OK, I DO agree with that statement RnD. :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:32 am

heardonthestreet wrote:The Journey now is a sad legacy to the Journey that was.

Which Journey would that be exactly?
You mean the one that wasn't in existence from 1986-98?
If you're referring to that particular era, then you'd be right.
There is no sadder legacy for a rock band to have than squandering the precious, finite years available to cater to their fans.

heardonthestreet wrote:It should have been left and I for one feel that they would have gotten together again, now and then, with great impact..

Of course you do, you cling to false hopes because its all you have left. You're dellusional, a zombified zealot practioneer of blind idolatry who refuses to look at history's edifying precedents:

*Perry refused to sing at Herbie's roast with Journey.
*Refused to sing with Journey at the Bammy awards.
*Refused to add new vocals on the Time3 box set for the fans.
*Was stubborn to tour for Frontiers.
*Cut ROR tour short.
*Cut FTLOSM tour short.
*Reneged on touring in support of TBF.
*Still not singing (in any substantive way) to this day...

This is one lead singer that clearly DOES NOT want to sing anymore.

heardonthestreet wrote:It's a sad replica of what they were but I have hopes that someday Classic Journey will reunite for a few specials,

Have fun waiting!

heardonthestreet wrote:before, and God forbid, any of the guys are not able to anymore, for whatever reason.

Yeah, I sure hope that when Perry's finally good and ready to tour that none of the other guys come down with any sort of vague mysterious fictional hip ailment that inconveniences him.

Wouldn't that be a swift kick to the grundel or what?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:06 am

Oh, N.C.! How you do carry on. Pour catsup on your supposition and eat it. Has anyone every called you a nerd to your face? Mind you, I'm not saying that you are. Just wondering.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:23 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Oh, N.C.! How you do carry on.

As per usual, HOTS makes a glib non sequitur.
You didn't or more likely "couldn't", rather, dispute or contest a single word I said because it was all true.

heardonthestreets wrote:Pour catsup on your supposition and eat it.

Where was the "supposition" in the FACTS I just served you with?

FACT: Perry refused to sing at Herbie's roast with Journey.
FACT: Refused to sing with Journey at the Bammy awards.
FACT: Refused to add new vocals on the Time3 box set for the fans.
FACT:Was stubborn to tour for Frontiers.
FACT:Cut ROR tour short.
FACT:Cut FTLOSM tour short.
FACT:Reneged on touring in support of TBF.
FACT:Still not singing (in any substantive way) to this day.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:25 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Has anyone every called you a nerd to your face? Mind you, I'm not saying that you are. Just wondering.

If your criterion for being a "nerd" is someone who routinely tears u a new asshole every time u come here and try to lie to people, then, yeah, I suppose I'd qualify.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:51 am

You try, but you don't accomplish anything but show what a Nerd you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:56 am

heardonthestreet wrote:You try, but you don't accomplish anything but show what a Nerd you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah well, and you're a poopy head!

::Farting sound::

Nanana boo boo!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:49 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
heardonthestreet wrote:You try, but you don't accomplish anything but show what a Nerd you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah well, and you're a poopy head!

::Farting sound::

Nanana boo boo!
-The Noble Nerd.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:41 pm

Gee, that was entertaining. Do it some more..you're both like skipping vinyl.. same shit over and over and over..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:26 pm

You can cut the sexual tension with a knife. Why don't you two just get a room? :wink:
NealIsGod
MP3

Re: Of course Perry's voice isn't the same...

Postby piecesofeight » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:57 am

OpeningAct wrote:...it's only reasonable to believe it isn't as strong as it was when he was in his prime.
Take a look at some of the other great voices in rock (my list, you may not agree with who they are, but you get the idea...;)).

Robert Plant
Roger Daltrey
Stevie Nicks
Dennis DeYoung
Sammy Haggar

They all still sound great, but surely not as good as when they were in their prime. And NONE of them had the range Perry ever did.

Just an observation and only my opinion....;)

I have no idea what you are basing listing DDY to this list, but you are right, DDY'S voice isn't what it used to be, IT'S BETTER....PERIOD! Seriously, his voice has gotten even better and it was great before.

Sammy may not be quite the same, but his stage attitude is best than ever and his voice has held up so much better than DLR, but Roth never has much before.... :roll:

Michael Sweet, while not on your list, his voice too has actually gotten better and he was fantastic before too.

But overall as a whole, not many voices have been able to stand the test of time...
piecesofeight
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 am

Hey Hearditonthestreet....maybe it's time to take a walk.

Seems as though I have weeded those other two perryloons out of here, maybe it's time you joined them.

I don't mean that in a harsh way, but why do you bother? If you are that opposed to the band, don't post on the forum dedicated to them. They have moved on, and it's best you Perry only fans did the same.

I'll be the first to welcome Steve back should that ever happen, but until then...
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:34 am

Andrew wrote:Hey Hearditonthestreet....maybe it's time to take a walk.

Seems as though I have weeded those other two perryloons out of here, maybe it's time you joined them.

I don't mean that in a harsh way, but why do you bother? If you are that opposed to the band, don't post on the forum dedicated to them. They have moved on, and it's best you Perry only fans did the same.

I'll be the first to welcome Steve back should that ever happen, but until then...

Fuck you Andrew. I will be the first.. LOL

by the way, Pieces ofeight, I agree with you.. Dennis can still bring it.. Very good voice. Why do all these great voices have to be such great big dicks? :?:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Previous

Return to Journey