"DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

"DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Postby sngrchk04 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:36 am

Hey all....

Anyone out there remember this from the 80s?

Steve Perry was a "Guest DJ" for 2 hours....did a pretty respectable job, IMO. He had a bunch of really great songs, and he was mentioning his influences. Of course, there was Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, etc....

but one that he mentioned was a suprise: Paul Rogers from "Free"!

Then, the other day, I heard this song that Paul sang....the chorus went like this:

"Give me Silver, Blue, and Gold;
The colors of the sky, I'm told.
My rai-ai-ainbow
Is overduuuuuuuuuue...."


TOTALLY heard the "Paul Rogers" in Steve's "lower" voice.

Thought that was pretty cool....
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
Image
User avatar
sngrchk04
45 RPM
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:45 pm

O My GOD, I thought I was the only NERD to have heard this, let alone TAPE it! I have this on tape!!

He(Perry), did an excellent job! I was shocked.. But then again, how hard can it be to spin records...??
Last edited by Rockindeano on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Re: "DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:51 pm

sngrchk04 wrote:Hey all....

Anyone out there remember this from the 80s?

Steve Perry was a "Guest DJ" for 2 hours....did a pretty respectable job, IMO. He had a bunch of really great songs, and he was mentioning his influences. Of course, there was Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, etc....

but one that he mentioned was a suprise: Paul Rogers from "Free"!

Then, the other day, I heard this song that Paul sang....the chorus went like this:

"Give me Silver, Blue, and Gold;
The colors of the sky, I'm told.
My rai-ai-ainbow
Is overduuuuuuuuuue...."


TOTALLY heard the "Paul Rogers" in Steve's "lower" voice.

Thought that was pretty cool....




Hi sngrchk,

I was not aware that Steve Perry was a guest Dj. I think it would be great to hear that!!! :D

To me, Steve's voice is just "perfect", no matter what the era of music. Nice to see you here again. :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Re: "DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:46 pm

sngrchk04 wrote: "Give me Silver, Blue, and Gold;
The colors of the sky, I'm told.
My rai-ai-ainbow
Is overduuuuuuuuuue...."


My favorite Bad Company song...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Re: "DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Postby sngrchk04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:18 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
sngrchk04 wrote: "Give me Silver, Blue, and Gold;
The colors of the sky, I'm told.
My rai-ai-ainbow
Is overduuuuuuuuuue...."


My favorite Bad Company song...


I LOVE it.....

AND, they have the same "pronounciation skills":

"Give me SILVAH, Blue & Go-oh-old....." :wink:

...just could NOT resist....heehee... :mrgreen:
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
Image
User avatar
sngrchk04
45 RPM
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Re: "DJ Steve" on Westwood One Radio Network

Postby sngrchk04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:28 am

PROPERRY wrote:
sngrchk04 wrote:Hey all....

Anyone out there remember this from the 80s?

Steve Perry was a "Guest DJ" for 2 hours....did a pretty respectable job, IMO. He had a bunch of really great songs, and he was mentioning his influences. Of course, there was Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, etc....

but one that he mentioned was a suprise: Paul Rogers from "Free"!

Then, the other day, I heard this song that Paul sang....the chorus went like this:

"Give me Silver, Blue, and Gold;
The colors of the sky, I'm told.
My rai-ai-ainbow
Is overduuuuuuuuuue...."


TOTALLY heard the "Paul Rogers" in Steve's "lower" voice.

Thought that was pretty cool....




Hi sngrchk,

I was not aware that Steve Perry was a guest Dj. I think it would be great to hear that!!! :D

To me, Steve's voice is just "perfect", no matter what the era of music. Nice to see you here again. :D

Lori


Hi, Lori :cool: Nice to "see" you too.

Yeah, Steve was pretty funny with some of the things he said.

One of his fave songs was "Ah, Leah" by Donny Iris, and he was talking about how the song really "grabbed" him and he loved it.....he joked that by the time it got to the big chorus, he thought to himself, "I better go sell shoes or something."

I hear that song ALL THE TIME here in CT on "The 80's at Eight" morning show....yeah, that chorus IS pretty huge.
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
Image
User avatar
sngrchk04
45 RPM
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Postby sngrchk04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:35 am

OK: one more thought and I'm out.... :wink:

Since Steve really DID start out a long time ago pursuing a DJ career ( but fell short, because he did not pass some sort of FCC Test....WHICH, BTW, is not required anymore), I wonder if he thought of going the "Greg Kihn" route.....and parlaying his music career to DJ.....?

That would be really cool......seriously, tho - he sounded AMAZING on W1RN.
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
Image
User avatar
sngrchk04
45 RPM
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:01 pm

sngrchk04 wrote:Since Steve really DID start out a long time ago pursuing a DJ career.


Neat. I never knew that. If he got his own show, I'd listen.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14859
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest