SETLIST amendments....just my opinion....

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

SETLIST amendments....just my opinion....

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:00 pm

:idea: To stay true to the theme of this year's tour, I think they should play at least 2 songs from EVERY studio album in the catalog. I know they can't dump Open Arms, but I wish they would and for cripe sakes, drop Escape and add another one from Generations or Trial By Fire(which they've ignored so far). Any thoughts here folks? I hate to admit it, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about the setlists I've read so far...and NEAL, Voodoo Child is NOT a Journey song buddy, although I did enjoy it on last year's tour! :wink: There's just so much Journey material to be played from your list of 75 songs, so fit as many into the set as you can with emphasis on the more rear classics and NEW stuff! See if you can squeeze " the dirty dozen" down to maybe...8 songs? :) :wink:
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:05 pm

I like the setlist, except for Voodoo Chile. Like you said, there is more than enough Journey to choose from! Drop Voodoo Chile and play Can't Tame The Lion.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby cubby69 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:18 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:I like the setlist, except for Voodoo Chile. Like you said, there is more than enough Journey to choose from! Drop Voodoo Chile and play Can't Tame The Lion.

Thats the first comment you've made in weeks that I can actually agree with J28.... :wink: ....Can't Tame The Lion would be a great addition to this setlist!
When its all boiled down and the days at an end, I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend.
cubby69
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:31 pm

TBF?

How about songs like, "If He Should Break Your Heart" and "Can't Tame the Lion?"

Moderate and rock.. do it!

Red 13- Nothing IMO (sorry 28..) Like how I named you 28, and everyone is going for it ??:)

ROR- "Be Good to Yourself", and "Raised on Radio" perhaps, or say, "Girl Can't Help It?" Already did "Suzanne" and "I'll Be Alright Without You."
Maybe they cannot do justice to "When You Love a Woman" due to the lack of violin section? Hey there you go, recruit ahead of time, local high school and college kids to sit in for that song..Foreigner did it and so did Shania Twain..It would be cool..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:27 pm

Why can't they drop Open Arms, and Faithfully for that matter... :roll: :?
Escape ROCKS and should stay in the setlist!!!!
Can't Tame the Lion would be a good pick from TBF!!!!
Chain Reaction should stay in the setlist..seems to come and go.
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:34 pm

OpeningAct wrote:Why can't they drop Open Arms, and Faithfully for that matter... :roll: :?
Escape ROCKS and should stay in the setlist!!!!
Can't Tame the Lion would be a good pick from TBF!!!!
Chain Reaction should stay in the setlist..seems to come and go.

They drop Faithfully and there would be a riot..Plus, I think it is one of the best songs ever written and recorded, plus is awesome live. Come on, we all have soft spots, except for HOTS..she is as hard as the front of my bumper.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby mamos » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:25 pm

Definately drop Voodoo Chile. It is a night with Journey. So do as much Journey as you can.

If they do any from TBF should be Message and Tame the Lion.

Deano your a sick man. HAd me worried for a minute.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:47 pm

mamos wrote:Definately drop Voodoo Chile. It is a night with Journey. So do as much Journey as you can.

If they do any from TBF should be Message and Tame the Lion.

Deano your a sick man. HAd me worried for a minute.

Hey Mr Limey, have you ever heard Voodoo Child? Dude, I know it's Journey, but keep that sucker in there... rules....
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby mamos » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:27 pm

Heard it lots.

Even heard Neal do it with SS. Just prefer to hear more Journey.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:16 pm

OpeningAct wrote:Chain Reaction should stay in the setlist..seems to come and go.

I'd actually prefer Edge Of The Blade, that song kicks some serious ass and I haven't heard it live as of yet....and while we're on a roll, I wanna hear Opened The Door with Steve Augeri on vox. In the second half of the show we are basically getting the same old stuff with a few Generations songs thrown in....I say SPICE it up a little guys, throw us a curve ball! :wink:
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:49 am

Ya can't drop Open Arms and Faithfully. Then the Greek Chorus that's already crying would become a lynch mob.

But you can drop some of the lesser lights that have been staples for years in favor of some new ones. The Lansing Article the guy posted up there said the band has rehearsed 75 songs to pick from.

Drop an Escape (please) for a Keep On Running. Drop an Ask The Lonely for a The Party's Over. Get rid of a Higher Place for an All The Things. Deep six an Only The Young for a Rubicon or Remember Me or an I Can Breathe. Do in Voodoo Chile for an In Self Defense. Trade 1 Send Her My Love even up for a Positive Touch or a Forever in Blue.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:08 am

jrnyjetster wrote:
OpeningAct wrote:Chain Reaction should stay in the setlist..seems to come and go.

I'd actually prefer Edge Of The Blade, that song kicks some serious ass and I haven't heard it live as of yet....and while we're on a roll, I wanna hear Opened The Door with Steve Augeri on vox. In the second half of the show we are basically getting the same old stuff with a few Generations songs thrown in....I say SPICE it up a little guys, throw us a curve ball! :wink:
Edge of the Blade!!!! Good Call jj!!!! ;)
OpeningAct
LP

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:14 am

They played Edge of the Blade when I saw them last year. One of my friends who is not a huge fan never heard it before, but he loved it live so much that he asked me for a copy of Frontiers.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:46 am

NealIsGod wrote:They played Edge of the Blade when I saw them last year. One of my friends who is not a huge fan never heard it before, but he loved it live so much that he asked me for a copy of Frontiers.

NIG- you have forever changed my imagination...evertime I write about Neal, I see neal, I hear Neal, I think of this fucking sig!! Too cool.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:07 am

Well, when I was in high school, I had a 'fro almost as big! And I play guitar, too, Deano.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:10 am

Ok, that's it, let's meet in Pennsylvania. I swear, If I fly out there, NC and NIG and myself might not make musical magic, but we can get shitfaced pretty well. Who knows, maybe we can form a band and play Journey material that the band doesn't play, and open for Journey 2005?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:48 am

What part of PA are you guys from NC and NIG, if I may be so bold. I'm SE, the Phila. burbs. I'm totally pumped about AC Borgata now, whoever mentioned it, I think The Rock.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Return to Journey