I've had Generations for a full week now...

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

I've had Generations for a full week now...

Postby cubby69 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:05 pm

And let me just say, I've listened to it almost non stop, I have to say that this is hands down some of the best music this band has come up with since Departure. I know, I know, Escape is everyones favorite, well, not mine. I'm a much bigger fan of the Pre-Escape era Journey and even then I'd rather listen to pre-Perry music than the so called 'classic Perry era' Journey.

I was just driving home tonight and listening to 'Better Life', (which is my favorite track at this point), and thinking I've been a fan of this band from the start. I've seen all the changes, good and bad, I can't think of any true fan of 'the band' Journey that could honestly listen to that track alone and not love it.

The only album that this band made that I just cannot make myself like is ROR, but even I have to admit that there were a couple of songs that had quality to them...ie... Girl Can't Help It and the the title track.

I guess my point is, that this cd (IMHO) is the best quality all around music that this lineup has made thus far. And it stands up to almost any other album throughout the history of this band. 8)
When its all boiled down and the days at an end, I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend.
cubby69
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:33 pm

Post a review in the Interactive Reviews area...the band need some positive feedback right now!

Seems many don't like the CD.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:15 pm

I really don't see how ANYONE could not like this CD! It has it all...Hard edge rockers, keyboard rockers, atmospheric slow songs, soulful ballads, bluesy romps, mid-tempo tracks! Songs that remind me of pre-Perry, songs that remind me of the holy trinity of Infinity/Evolution/Departure, songs that remind me of Escape, Frontiers, and Arrival. Different vocalists, different styles. The perfect production! Come on people...WAKE UP! THIS IS JOURNEY!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:17 pm

I have had the cd two days now. Love it. I'll post a review in few more days, after I know what to say.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:48 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:Different vocalists, different styles. The perfect production! Come on people...WAKE UP! THIS IS JOURNEY!

Reading over the various (mostly negative) reviews from people, it almost seems like everyone's held definition of what Journey should sound like is defined by TBF & Arrival. This latest album is reminiscent of the more creatively untethered Perry/Rolie era. Have they all forgotten what those album(s) sound like? It wasn't always about immediate hooks and catchy choruses people.

Besides, I think most of the songs do have those above-mentioned ingredients. But, eh, what do I know?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:43 pm

Who's posting over there that they don;t like it?
Christ, no wonder they get so wary of all things internet. Now it's everyones' responsibility who loves the album, and the band and wants to see the band continue in its current incarnation to get over there and write the review.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:39 am

Just ordered my tix for Journey in Baltimore on 9/9. Should be a blast. And thanks to Deano, I will be very familiar with the new tunes by the time they get here.

Who else has a Journey concert in their near future?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:10 am

NealIsGod wrote:Who else has a Journey concert in their near future?

August 2nd!! Cannot wait!

I read the MR reviews...and some of them seem completely clueless! I understand not caring for something, it not 'grabbing you' or whatever. I have no problem with someone saying they don't like the CD for whatever reasons. Except that I completely disagree with almost every reason given. That seems strange to me. Since this CD is so varied, it makes sense that there will be songs that some like and others do not. But how can every song be like that. There are people there who don't even care for FITH!!

As for the concert reviews...I still see more good than bad. I do find it interesting though that the people who post a negative review go for blood too. I mean they HATE it. And they want to make sure everyone knows it! Again, how can everything be bad? This is JOURNEY! I try to stay away from the new catch word "agenda"...but it certainly appears that those who don't 'like' Generations", the tour, or the band feel the need to make it out to be as BAD as possible and get it to as many people as possible. While those of us who like or love it are simply talking about it.

Now is the time to start posting reviews everywhere we can about "Generations" and the tour. We cannot let the bad reviews be the only ones being heard! That is your mission if you choos to accept it!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:16 am

Hopefully Borgata for me or Holmdel.
I agree with NC in that the record's plenty hooky enough. they're there just not in the abundance of some other albums. Perhaps that may be better? If it's nothing but the band trying to put together great hooks how soon before the song crosses the line to cheesiness? I like the abilty Generations presents to hear a new cool Neal riff or drum pattern or keyboard part or baseline or Vocal every time you listen to the particular song. On this album those moments with Steve A and Neal especially are many. I don't need or want to be clubbed over the head with gang choruses and what some critics would call hooks.
that said, my first choice for single is definately The Place In Your Heart. What a friggging rocker but very accessible too. Equal parts Remember Me, State Of Grace, Ask The Lonely and Sep. Ways.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:23 am

[quote="jrnyman28"]

I read the MR reviews...and some of them seem completely clueless!

[quote]

You got that right-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:11 am

It could be just the weather, guys. Once we have a few frosts, maybe the Sun setting on a different level will clear the atmosphere of obscureing elements; eyes will open as will ears, and people will state, I see the light!" :wink:

I know, Andrew! Anytime now.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby cubby69 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:06 pm

Andrew wrote:Post a review in the Interactive Reviews area...the band need some positive feedback right now!

Seems many don't like the CD.

Done Andrew. Thanks!
When its all boiled down and the days at an end, I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend.
cubby69
Ol' 78

Postby Argus » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:09 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:It could be just the weather, guys. Once we have a few frosts, maybe the Sun setting on a different level will clear the atmosphere of obscureing elements; eyes will open as will ears, and people will state, I see the light!" :wink:

I know, Andrew! Anytime now.

So.. this is an act of martyrdom on your part? Isn't that just so passive-agressive to the core. :roll: You want to place yourself on the altar of Perry and be banned for your love of "The Voice" .. how "special".. gimme a break. :?
Argus
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:26 pm

Andrew,

I posted a review Last week..A long one, and it isn't there. I guess your dislike for me is truly concrete.

It's no problem.. I will just sit down for a good two more hours and re-write one. Honestly, no problem, my fingers need the workout :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby MTR&HARDLINEADMIN » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:45 pm

Right I don`t like that Album, but its not crap, like I posted somewhere else I just think that it would have been better to not let Mr. Cain and especially Mr. Schon sing. :?
MTR&HARDLINEADMIN
Fresh Air

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:38 am

MTR&HARDLINEADMIN wrote:Right I don`t like that Album, but its not crap, like I posted somewhere else I just think that it would have been better to not let Mr. Cain and especially Mr. Schon sing. :?

Well, I am sure Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain didn't intentionally set out to hurt you, and if they did, well, please accept their apology.. They are just trying to do a job that seems so impossible, after the departure of the great Steve Perry. Please, Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain are only backing musicians. Perhaps you can write to them and explain that in the future, you would appreciate it if they would let someone else do the lead singing. :wink:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:43 am

[quote="Rock'ndeano"]Well, I am sure Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain didn't intentionally set out to hurt you, and if they did, well, please accept their apology.. They are just trying to do a job that seems so impossible, after the departure of the great Steve Perry. Please, Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain are only backing musicians. Perhaps you can write to them and explain that in the future, you would appreciate it if they would let someone else do the lead singing. :wink:[/quote]

I love it.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby KarlRove » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:02 am

NealIsGod wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:Well, I am sure Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain didn't intentionally set out to hurt you, and if they did, well, please accept their apology.. They are just trying to do a job that seems so impossible, after the departure of the great Steve Perry. Please, Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain are only backing musicians. Perhaps you can write to them and explain that in the future, you would appreciate it if they would let someone else do the lead singing. :wink:

I love it.

This place has no life! This is crap!
KarlRove
Fresh Air

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:05 am

KarlRove wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:Well, I am sure Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain didn't intentionally set out to hurt you, and if they did, well, please accept their apology.. They are just trying to do a job that seems so impossible, after the departure of the great Steve Perry. Please, Mr. Schon and Mr. Cain are only backing musicians. Perhaps you can write to them and explain that in the future, you would appreciate it if they would let someone else do the lead singing. :wink:

I love it.

This place has no life! This is crap!

Perhaps Karl, I would suggest perhaps making your way over to the Whitehouse and offering Scott McClellan and President Bush your assistance. After all, it seems you may have acted a bit naughty in the past year or two. Remember sir, that I for one, am praying for you to survive this ordeal, even though I am a Democrat. Seems to me that both parties could benefit from a little love here and there. :wink:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:32 am

My humble apology, Ace. You're absolutly right. Move over Deano, or may I sit on your lap? :shock: :shock:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:43 am

heardonthestreet wrote:My humble apology, Ace. You're absolutly right. Move over Deano, or may I sit on your lap? :shock: :shock:

Oh HOTS, there is absolutely no need for you to apologize. I believe ace was inappropriate in his remarks. There will be no leaving the site. Everyone on this board; is special to me. My aspirations are to unite, and mold a more united front. "We are surely stronger if together, like coke six pack plastic holders."

HOTS honey, if you need a place to rest your feet, surely I will be more than accomodating in assisting you. 127 lbs. is nothing! Come on over! If you need me, call me, I'll be here if you want me girl. :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:00 am

I just puked in my mouth a little...
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:09 am

NealIsGod wrote:I just puked in my mouth a little...

Wasn't that a quote in dodgeball? No need to borrow others' lines, Nealisgod.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:09 am

NealIsGod wrote:I just puked in my mouth a little...

lol!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:11 am

"I just puked in my mouth a little..."

A resounding HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NealIsGod
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:24 am

Red13JoePa wrote:"I just puked in my mouth a little..."

A resounding HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NealIsGod

Futile laughter at a serious response is not healthy.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:58 am

Don't let them dissuade you, Poohyou, they are just jealous cause the ladies are swooning over thenewpoohyou. Watch them start to copy you.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby mamos » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:05 am

Will the real Deano please stand up.

He's got to be there somewhere
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:19 am

Never seen Dodgeball, but I am sure I heard that line somewhere before, since I am incapable of saying anything original.
NealIsGod
MP3

Return to Journey