This is not Good

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

This is not Good

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:21 am

Where do I start? I saw that Andrew has posted, and Andrew has "quit" moderating the Journey Board. Now, contrary to what some think on here, I am not completely stupid, and I know it was my mouth that lead to this armegeddon of sorts. My fault, my apology.

I am here to say "I'm sorry" to Andrew, and sorry to any other members who enjoy this board, and enjoy it with the Steve Perry supporters too. Funny thing is, Steve Perry was never the problem; sure the pro-Perry posts agitated me, and I really didn't care much for political correctness in responding to what I thought was "garbage, and agenda pointed nonsense." Well, now that Andrew has givin up, a really terrible feeling has grown inside my gut, and I no longer wish to be a member of something I in large part, destroyed.

I will continue to support Melodicrock.com, and occasionally read this board, but really cannot see myself posting here anylonger. To my Journey-freinds here, thanks for giving me an escape during off hours, and to Mr. Andrew..you need to come back and take your board back as well. I am sorry my freind, that I let you down. Perhaps my love for the Band, both present and past, got the best of me. I have always been a passionate person, and would rather leave, then change my delivery.

So long..............

Sincerely, Rock'ndeano
Last edited by Rockindeano on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:45 am

Deano, what does it tell you that Andrew would rather stop moderating this forum rather than ban you, as he has done to many people? It tells me that you are a very important and well respected poster. A little crude at times? Yeah, but that is part of what makes you Deano. Why dontcha stay, and just ignore the posts that piss you off? Believe me, that pisses them off more than getting a rise out of you.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:14 am

I thought better of it. I'm taking what I put down.
He knows what he wrote before and hopefully he sticks around.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:57 am

I think Deano may be worried about what is to come here on this board. If it is completely unmoderated than it is going to get ugly...fast. Maybe Deano understands that if the posts that piss him off actually get worse, then so will he. I respect his decision to back out for his own 'health' and that of the board's. I certainly hope Andrew changes his mind. Maybe he can get someone else to moderate...to be honest, the first time around on this board, TequilaGod was a co-mod. Oyrs seems to be the only board that "he" is not... I have been able to spend a little extra time here lately as work has been a little slow (that is about to change) and I know that if I was able to, I would be willing to co-moderate. But I just will not be able to dedicate the time required to truly help. And that must be Andrew's issue as well...the time required. It shouldn't be this damn hard. Apparantly Andrew has been talking to others 'offline' that we are not aware of. It appears that Deano was about the only one to get the public attention from Andrew. I never knew this. The appearance that it has all been one-sided is incorrect. I imagine the Perry-only fans might be quite happy now, and they might be able to step up their tactics...DON'T LET THEM GET TO YOU! Otherwise it will get bloody...I have seen it before.

Deano, good luck my friend. Stop by and say HEY once in a while. Stay positive.

Everyone else, stay COOL. Don't get riled up...don't take the bait!

It's up to "us" now.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:21 am

I know exactly the feelings that Andrew expressed in the message you are referring to, when he said he quit. It is exactly how I felt years ago when I was owner of the Journey mailing list. People don't do what you ask. People don't listen to what the moderator/owner REPEATEDLY says. People have no interest in what is best for the forum, only what is best to satisfy their own selfish beliefs and needs.

It is not ONE person's fault. It is many. It is the Perry fans fault when they make posts to antagoize Journey fans, to start the arguments. It is the Journey fans fault when they fall into the trap and reply back in anger. It is the Journey fans fault when they antagonize the Perry fans. It is the Perry fans fault when they reply back in anger. It is all of the above's fault for pointing the finger at everybody else and not realizing that they are continuing the trend by engaging in such a petty argument. It is all of the everybody's fault when Andrew TELLS you (not ask) to stop and you don't.

Oh, yeah, the Emails and private messages. I'm sure it does not matter what Andrew does, he'll get an angry Email back. He'll get Email if he bans Perry fans. He'll get Email if he bans Deano, or whoever on the Journey side. No matter what actions he takes someone will not agree, someone will feel the wrong person was punished, someone will feel he favors one 'side' over the other...And, NONE of them will realize that he is trying to do what is best for the FORUM - and the 'sides' mean absolutely NOTHING.

I'm sure someone can look at the above paragraphs and say I'm guilty of this and that. But, not in recent months. I read the forum and just don't think adding any comments would help anything. None of these arguments should matter to anybody anyway.
Monker
MP3

Postby mamos » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:57 am

Can't believe so much can go on in a few hours whilst I'm at work.

I see Andrew is back as moderator, so at least we have some semblence of order once again.

Now maybe we just have to do what Monker says. Obey the rules. What Andrew says goes, and let's stop it getting ugly.

Everyone enjoys coming here. And we all enjoy an argument about things we feel passionate about. We've just gotta keep it reasonable.
Last edited by mamos on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby OpeningAct » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:58 am

Monker wrote: "I'm sure someone can look at the above paragraphs and say I'm guilty of this and that. But, not in recent months. I read the forum and just don't think adding any comments would help anything."

God, you are just SUCH the voice of reason... :roll:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:09 am

Picking up some sarcasm on your breath there, OA. :shock:
Cute.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:30 am

Thanks for the posts. I am allowed one meltdown per year.

Following my original post I recieved 2 abusive e-mails which to me highlight everything that is wrong with the Journey board. I'll post those later today in a generalupdate.

Business as usual WILL return.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:33 am

I have to admit that in the years that I've known monker, he's been honest in how HE sees things. He tells it like he sees it. He dosen't pull punch's. He's colorful, informative and states how the world according to monker looks.

He's never lowered himself to the level that some of you have. He's dished out a lot of grief and he's taken a lot of grief but he draws the line. He probably detests me for the foe that I've been to him but he know's what all of this is about, unlike most of you.

He was once Perry's biggest fan and I feel for him, but I just can't quite reach him.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:37 am

heardonthestreet wrote:I have to admit that in the years that I've known monker, he's been honest in how HE sees things. He tells it like he sees it. He dosen't pull punch's. He's colorful, informative and states how the world according to monker looks.

He's never lowered himself to the level that some of you have. He's dished out a lot of grief and he's taken a lot of grief but he draws the line. He probably detests me for the foe that I've been to him but he know's what all of this is about, unlike most of you.

He was once Perry's biggest fan and I feel for him, but I just can't quite reach him.

No problem! I for one am very sorry to you for my behaviour. Don't worry, you reach us all!

Have a safe and nice day! :lol: :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:46 am

:wink:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:51 am

heardonthestreet wrote:He's never lowered himself to the level that some of you have.

Funny how you can still a get a dig in there anyway.
And what about how low YOU have gone?

heardonthestreet wrote:He was once Perry's biggest fan and I feel for him, but I just can't quite reach him.

There are two reasons you cannot reach Monker:

1) Your M.O. How can anyone listen to what could be valid points when you spend most of your time taunting and attacking, instigating and retaliating?

2) It seems to me (and I certainly could be wrong, if I am Monker WILL say so) that for Monker, Perry the man overshadowed Perry the singer. Monker knows what a talent Perry was, but he also knows how Perry has behaved. It seems to me like Perry's business and personal behaviour has eclipsed the man's talent in Monker's eyes.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:33 am

BIG PROPS to Deano for not taking the bait from HOTS.

Have a nice day, HOTS. :?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:47 am

Sweet! Deano, you rule! Gotta hand it to you. Putting your hand out to the big, bad, wolf is commendable. I think I love you.

Thanks for respondng for monker, Dave!. Monker wouldn't have responed to my post but thanks anyway.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:02 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Sweet! Deano, you rule! Gotta hand it to you. Putting your hand out to the big, bad, wolf is commendable. I think I love you..

I love you too! I KNEW that we had a connection!!!

Have a goodnights' sleep sweetheart. :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:06 am

NealIsGod wrote:BIG PROPS to Deano for not taking the bait from HOTS.

Why would you say something like this? Why are you so "edgy?" I don't get it?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Greg » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:33 am

Monker wrote: It is exactly how I felt years ago when I was owner of the Journey mailing list. People don't do what you ask. People don't listen to what the moderator/owner REPEATEDLY says. People have no interest in what is best for the forum, only what is best to satisfy their own selfish beliefs and needs.

Yep, I'm with ya on that one Monker! I currently moderate my hometown forum board and people have such big egos on there that you would think you're literally causing them pain if ya tell them to cool it! No matter how many times you ask them nicely to disagree respectfully - they can't do it.

Andrew..bud...without your website, I would have never gotten reacquainted with melodic rock music! I wouldn't have gotten a chance to hear some bands I have never heard before - like Jaded Heart, token, and Grand Illusion. I don't see how you can possibly keep up with all of these forums - but I give you a big salute for doing us a great service in providing an avenue for us to be closer to the music we love! :wink:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Greggie, well, sometimes all the work gets the better of me...but many thanks for the post.

And Deano, love the new look/attitude.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Great, all!
let's talk some Journey...
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby LAWoman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:48 pm

Frankly, this forum has gotten so repetitive lately that it is not interesting. The same 10 people are arguing the same things over and over and it always turns personal. There is a big difference between freedom of expression and every word being a curse word directed at the poster rather than the issue. I don't know why people can't keep a civil tongue in their mouths. I really doubt that any of the people who engage in the abuse personal attacks here behave that way to anyone in person in their real lives. Keep some perspective.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:50 pm

LAWoman wrote:Frankly, this forum has gotten so repetitive lately that it is not interesting. The same 10 people are arguing the same things over and over and it always turns personal. There is a big difference between freedom of expression and every word being a curse word directed at the poster rather than the issue. I don't know why people can't keep a civil tongue in their mouths. I really doubt that any of the people who engage in the abuse personal attacks here behave that way to anyone in person in their real lives. Keep some perspective.

I for one am certainly going to try. You are exactly right.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:53 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
LAWoman wrote:Frankly, this forum has gotten so repetitive lately that it is not interesting. The same 10 people are arguing the same things over and over and it always turns personal. There is a big difference between freedom of expression and every word being a curse word directed at the poster rather than the issue. I don't know why people can't keep a civil tongue in their mouths. I really doubt that any of the people who engage in the abuse personal attacks here behave that way to anyone in person in their real lives. Keep some perspective.

I for one am certainly going to try. You are exactly right.
I give it 12 hours...24 tops...;) :roll:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:03 pm

Tell, us OA. What part part are you going to deploy yourself in to try to lure what you must see as Mr Hyde but most of us see as RockNDeano out of hiding? I give it 12 hours or your next post, whatever may come first, before you you bait him.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:09 pm

What the HELL did I miss?????
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby OpeningAct » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:13 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:Tell, us OA. What part part are you going to deploy yourself in to try to lure what you must see as Mr Hyde but most of us see as RockNDeano out of hiding? I give it 12 hours or your next post, whatever may come first, before you you bait him.
Hey, Red Joe, notice the little yellow head winking...I was JOKING!!! :wink:
I enjoy RnD's posts as much as anyone... :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:14 pm

PerryFaithful: HA!
Get to work, dude . there are a lot of pieces for you to pick and posts to read to put those pieces together to figure out how we arrived here!!
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:18 pm

perryfaithful wrote:What the HELL did I miss?????
Didya hear???!!!! Steve Perry is no longer Journey's lead singer.... :wink: :P :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:Tell, us OA. What part part are you going to deploy yourself in to try to lure what you must see as Mr Hyde but most of us see as RockNDeano out of hiding? I give it 12 hours or your next post, whatever may come first, before you you bait him.

What did I miss? Bait me? Why on God's green earth would someone want to do such a bad thing? I for one, will not engage in partisan arguments.

Carry on all, and to each a very goodnight! :)
Last edited by Rockindeano on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby cubby69 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:34 pm

2) It seems to me (and I certainly could be wrong, if I am Monker WILL say so) that for Monker, Perry the man overshadowed Perry the singer. Monker knows what a talent Perry was, but he also knows how Perry has behaved. It seems to me like Perry's business and personal behaviour has eclipsed the man's talent in Monker's eyes.

[/quote]

I don't about Monker for sure, although Dave I think you have a valid point. But I can say for myself thats exactly the reason I feel the way that I do about Perry, now. I've always said, he is one the greatest singers to ever hold a microphone. Its just to bad he let it turn him into such a ego maniacal bastard.

I'll admit, I'm a fan from the start, but I like so many others thought at the time Perry was a great addition to these extremely talented and experienced musicians. Its just to bad he forgot he was part of a band and not the whole thing.
When its all boiled down and the days at an end, I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend.
cubby69
Ol' 78

Next

Return to Journey