Generations reviews on Mel Rock. Slightly Worrying

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Generations reviews on Mel Rock. Slightly Worrying

Postby mamos » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:02 am

I've read the personnel reviews of Generations and there really are some shocking reviews. Not even average but damn right poor.

There are about 6 with less than 60%.

How have opinions varied so much. Hardly anyone on this forum has had a bad word to say about it.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:26 am

Worry not Mamos.
Deano's got you good to go right? Wait til you hear this thing.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:44 am

I hate to say, "I told you so."
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:46 am

Yea, but HOTS are you reading some of the bad reviews? Tons of them are like 1-line no anaylsis at all. There's not a lot of credibility there.

What do you think?
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:58 am

heardonthestreet wrote:I hate to say, "I told you so."

You LOVE to say it...but from you it means nothing,
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:25 am

Oh stop it, Dave! I'm honest! You may not like my opinions, but it's the way that I see it. You see my remarks as insults simply because it's not your point of view. You never state that it's your point of view. I gave my opinion on the multipal voices, about too much of Neal's beautiful quitar, about the monotomy of the music on some of the songs and was shot down. Well listen to the opinions of the fans and see how many match up.

What the hell makes you all think that you can trash, and you do, the one person who gave Journey it's success, and not expect to to get it right back in spades.
I know that Andrew has pobably recieved more complaints, from you cry babies, about me, than any other Perry fan. I trust his judgment. I've never complained to him once. If he wants to pull my plug, then, so be it.

Ruby, I'm suprised that you're so easily amused by the schoolboy retorts from some here.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:29 am

Heeeeeere we goooooooo! Another thread, down the proverbial drain.

And who started the process?

Gotta just love this place!!

Oh have a nice day! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't believe any of "us" have trashed the one and only holy god?
I certainly haven't.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Hippie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:57 am

Oh stop it, Dave! I'm honest! You may not like my opinions, but it's the way that I see it.

Yeah Dave! HOTS had the first Generations review on the board; 6 months before it was even recorded!

"You heard it here first!" :roll:
Hippie
45 RPM

Postby Hippie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:04 am

the one person who gave Journey it's success

Yeah! After all, Perry was the lead singer of Santana and gave us hits like "Black Magic Woman" and "Evil Ways"...oh wait, that was Gregg Rolie. :?

Well Perry was at Woodstock when he was 16 and was being fought over by Clapton and Santana...oh wait, that was Neal Schon. :?

What was the point again? That Journey was a collection of no-talent losers before Perry rode in on his white stallion (from the turkey farm)?

Yeah! Ok! :roll:
Hippie
45 RPM

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:05 am

Hey hippy, multipal vocals threw up the red flag.

Neal stated the obvious. Perry brought all the success. Don't argue with me. You know I'm right.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:35 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Hey hippy, multipal vocals threw up the red flag.

Neal stated the obvious. Perry brought all the success. Don't argue with me. You know I'm right.

Yep. You sure are. I agree.

Have a safe and happy day! :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:41 am

:wink:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:53 am

Hippie wrote:
Oh stop it, Dave! I'm honest! You may not like my opinions, but it's the way that I see it.

Yeah Dave! HOTS had the first Generations review on the board; 6 months before it was even recorded!

"You heard it here first!" :roll:

LOL!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:54 am

Hippie wrote:Well Perry was at Woodstock when he was 16 and was being fought over by Clapton and Santana...oh wait, that was Neal Schon. :?

I really hate to correct your facts because your points are valid, but Neal was not at Woodstock. He joined a little later.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:00 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Hey hippy, multipal vocals threw up the red flag.

Hmm, there were multiple vocals on Infinity, Evolution AND Departure. Yeah, big red flag there!

heardonthestreet wrote:Neal stated the obvious. Perry brought all the success.

Ya know, I bet Neal wishes he worded that differently, but he didn't. But you fail to believe anything else Neal says...just that one quote.I bet Perry rethought his "never felt like part of the band" comment as well. Or least he didn't feel that way when he sang "brothers 'till the end" in "Anyway". I know Deen has rethought the "Perry with a perm" comment a time or two. And yet there are STILL people who think Perry is in Journey and looks a little different...

heardonthestreet wrote:Don't argue with me. You know I'm right.

You are not right, you are left...behind. Perry has moved on and forgotten you. And if I (or any of my 'partners') didn't argue with you this board could get boring and full of revisionist history, fluff and lies.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:56 am

You few loyalists thrive on "fluff and lies," imo. I'ts all about the music and the truth hurts. That's why the Steve Perry Years will be "All That Really Matters."...........Thank You J.C.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:04 am

Your posts are so pathetic. Do you have nothing better to do than try to piss on people's happiness? Like maybe feed your 25 cats that share your one bedroom apartment? :cry:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:16 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Oh stop it, Dave! I'm honest! You may not like my opinions, but it's the way that I see it.

You had a negative opinion on "Generations" before the god-damned album title was even picked.
NOW STOP IT!
ENOUGH!
Does you disingenuity no no bounds, sir?

heardonthestreet wrote:I gave my opinion on the multipal voices,

Yeah, before listening to them.

heardonthestreet wrote:about too much of Neal's beautiful quitar,

Yeah, before hearing a full track from the album.

heardonthestreet wrote:about the monotomy of the music on some of the songs

Errm, yeah, based upon a one minute sound byte of "The Place in Your Heart".

heardonthestreet wrote:What the hell makes you all think that you can trash, and you do, the one person who gave Journey it's success, and not expect to to get it right back in spades.

I've never seen Dave trash Steve Perry.
This post is an unremitting littany of lies.

heardonthestreet wrote:I know that Andrew has pobably recieved more complaints, from you cry babies, about me, than any other Perry fan. I trust his judgment. I've never complained to him once. If he wants to pull my plug, then, so be it.

Even if he wasn't considering it, after this post, it's high time to can your sorry (not too mention pathologically mendacious) ass.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:27 am

You all are so far off. I'm really pretty decent looking, have a lovely home, weigh about 127, love great music and enjoy the rest. I love cats but don't trust them and prefer Camels. They can read your mind.

Don't bother to be personally nasty, cause it falls on deaf ears, as it dosen't apply. So nobody here likes me. I can live with that. I could tell you lies and fit right in, but the truth will out.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:52 am

heardonthestreet wrote:You all are so far off. I'm really pretty decent looking, have a lovely home, weigh about 127, love great music and enjoy the rest. I love cats but don't trust them and prefer Camels. They can read your mind.

Don't bother to be personally nasty, cause it falls on deaf ears, as it dosen't apply. So nobody here likes me. I can live with that. I could tell you lies and fit right in, but the truth will out.

I do not doubt you. I actually deep down believe you.

Say, can you tell us your measurements? This is an adult board, and I for one would love to create your beauty in my mind, as I travel tomorrow. Please? pretty please? I just know you are stunning. Move over Shania Twain!

Have a good night.. :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby mamos » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:28 pm

Well I knew the thread would end here sooner rather than later.

Just got here a little quicker than I thought.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Deano, you're creepin' me out... :shock:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby RubyTequila » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:27 pm

NealIsGod wrote:Deano, you're creepin' me out... :shock:

me too!
I have PMS and ESP....That makes me a BITCH who knows everything!!

RubyTequila
Ol' 78

Postby Hippie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:04 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
Hippie wrote:Well Perry was at Woodstock when he was 16 and was being fought over by Clapton and Santana...oh wait, that was Neal Schon. :?

I really hate to correct your facts because your points are valid, but Neal was not at Woodstock. He joined a little later.

I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time , but I swear I saw Schon in the Woodstock footage of "Soul Sacrifice".

BTW: my point was not so much that Perry is some sort of slacker, IMO he is one of Rock's icons. However, to say that he is the Alpha and Omega of Journey is a MAJOR slam on the other incredible musicians that have been in Journey.

Journey had a healthy cult following and a strong lineage before Perry ever hit the scene. No one can deny that he made them a lot more radio accessible and got them exposure they wouldn't have on their own. But facts are facts. Journey put out 3 albums while Perry's band couldn't get arrested.

Perry is one of rock's greatest singers in part because he was backed by some of rock's greatest musicians.
Hippie
45 RPM

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:18 am

Hippie, we all know everything you say is true. But there will be some Perryhead (probably HOTS) who will come in and tell us that Journey's success was due to Perry. And it will go round and round and round... I am getting dizzy...
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:24 am

NealIsGod wrote:Hippie, we all know everything you say is true. But there will be some Perryhead (probably HOTS) who will come in and tell us that Journey's success was due to Perry. And it will go round and round and round... I am getting dizzy...

Well, NealisGod(all blasphemy aside), perhaps you should collect yourself, take a few deep breaths and manage to stay calm. I'm sure HOTS is just tying to make her point. I am also sure she is trying to contribute to the board in her own way. Please don't insinuate that she is deliberately trying to create a disturbance.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:29 am

You're up early, DeanoPooh. Cant sleep, huh?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:18 am

NealIsGod wrote:Hippie, we all know everything you say is true. But there will be some Perryhead (probably HOTS) who will come in and tell us that Journey's success was due to Perry. And it will go round and round and round... I am getting dizzy...

Actually, HOTS will come in here and drag out that same tired quote from Neal about how "Perry brought us all the success"..............
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:34 am

jrnyman28 wrote:

Actually, HOTS will come in here and drag out that same tired quote from Neal about how "Perry brought us all the success"..............

jrnyman28, There really is no need for you to assume that another human being would be so callous and condemning. Your tired and relentless evil spirited attitude is not what makes this a healthy board.. What makes this a healthy board is unity, respect, and a good steady vibe of trading accolades. If you cannot do this, I may be forced to contact the administrator of this forum and see to it you are either corrected or removed. I'm sorry if I brought you down, but remember the day is young..so go take it on! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:41 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:jrnyman28, There really is no need for you to assume that another human being would be so callous and condemning. Your tired and relentless evil spirited attitude is not what makes this a healthy board.. What makes this a healthy board is unity, respect, and a good steady vibe of trading accolades. If you cannot do this, I may be forced to contact the administrator of this forum and see to it you are either corrected or removed. I'm sorry if I brought you down, but remember the day is young..so go take it on! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's it, I QUIT! ;)
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Journey