Generations reviews on Mel Rock. Slightly Worrying

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:49 am

He's become Troll without the Anti-Jrny bias!
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:51 am

Red13JoePa wrote:He's become Troll without the Anti-Jrny bias!

Such false observations does not make for a pleasant experience. Have a good time here everybody!!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:59 am

Next you'll be telling us to attempt to convey jrny opinions without attacking or using profanities, and that to do so would mean one didn't grow up in ivy league boston.
And you'll close by pointing out to everyone how you have a knack for drumming up posts people want to read and reply to.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:03 am

Don't let em shake ya Deano. You're on a roll. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, those hot Summer nites. I'll teach you to love "Open Arms." 8) 8)
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:08 am

There she is. Let us gaze as the (romantic) sparks fly...
Last edited by Red13JoePa on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:08 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Don't let em shake ya Deano. You're on a roll. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, those hot Summer nites. I'll teach you to love "Open Arms." 8) 8)

No need to teach my sweet HOTS. I love Open Arms...In fact, they are open for you! Be good everybody.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:08 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Don't let em shake ya Deano. You're on a roll. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, those hot Summer nites. I'll teach you to love "Open Arms." 8) 8)

No need to teach me, my sweet HOTS. I love Open Arms...In fact, they are open for you! Be good everybody.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:14 am

Hockey sucks, West Wing sucks, Perry is the only reason Journey sold a record, Bush is the best president ever.

Now stand back, there may be an eruption...
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:30 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:jrnyman28, There really is no need for you to assume that another human being would be so callous and condemning. Your tired and relentless evil spirited attitude is not what makes this a healthy board.. What makes this a healthy board is unity, respect, and a good steady vibe of trading accolades. If you cannot do this, I may be forced to contact the administrator of this forum and see to it you are either corrected or removed. I'm sorry if I brought you down, but remember the day is young..so go take it on! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's it, I QUIT! ;)

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: This is the best conversation on the board. You're cracking me up Deano.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:35 am

NealIsGod wrote:Hockey sucks, West Wing sucks, Perry is the only reason Journey sold a record, Bush is the best president ever.

Now stand back, there may be an eruption...

Well, that's ok. I feel that respecting anothers' opinion, is for all intent and purposes, healthy. It seems to me that the more thoughts people share with me, the more my mind will continue to grow; expansion is a good, healthy thing. Thank you Nealisgod for taking the time to explain your views on life and its' intangibles. I appreciate it.

Oh no worries. Eruption? Wasn't that a song by Van Halen?

Have a safe and inspiring day everyone!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby mamos » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:17 am

Fuck me...

I'm struggling to read some of this shit.

How is Deano, sorry Poohman managing to write it.

Shouldn't the spellings be all screwed up and nonsensical, seen as he is obviously on some mind altering drugs.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:28 am

mamos wrote:Fuck me...

I'm struggling to read some of this shit.

How is Deano, sorry Poohman managing to write it.

Shouldn't the spellings be all screwed up and nonsensical, seen as he is obviously on some mind altering drugs.

Excuse me, but my name is rock'ndeano, NOT poohman. I would appreciate some much deserved respect.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:30 am

Nothin' rockin' about kissing up to the Perryheads! That's about as rockin' as Michael Bolton.

C'mon, Deano, cease and desist!
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:32 am

NealIsGod wrote:Nothin' rockin' about kissing up to the Perryheads! That's about as rockin' as Michael Bolton.

C'mon, Deano, cease and desist!

"I am an uniter not a divider."- Rock'ndeano
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:53 am

You could be in line for the N. Peace Prize.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:10 am

heardonthestreet wrote:You could be in line for the N. Peace Prize.

If it works!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 am

Just the thought of being nice and friendly to the girls should be incentive for Deano. I've seen pic's of most of the ladies here and he would be impressed.
Fluff away, Deano. The others will vie for the attention.

Do I hear a siren calling?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:28 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Just the thought of being nice and friendly to the girls should be incentive for Deano. I've seen pic's of most of the ladies here and he would be impressed.
Fluff away, Deano. The others will vie for the attention.

Do I hear a siren calling?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

why are you mocking my intentions? I am trying very hard to be genuine and respectful. HOTS?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RoyalOakRoadie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:36 am

OK, how can anyone expect those negative reviews to be taken seriously???
"Where are the keyborads" one says...uhm...why do I think these people download 128bit MP3s then try to judge production/mix/etc from them? *shakes my head*

One review even said something like "Generations sucks more than Soul Sirkus" :shock: :shock: :shock: I dont even know how to respond to that utter lack of taste.. 8)

Roadie
"Strange how laughter looks like crying with no sound: raindrops taste like tears without the pain"
RoyalOakRoadie
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:38 am

Promise? Perhaps under the mooonlight, you may wonder why,I still care?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:39 am

[quote="Rock'ndeano"]Promise?[/quote]

*Sigh* He is one of them now.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:09 am

RoyalOakRoadie wrote:OK, how can anyone expect those negative reviews to be taken seriously???
"Where are the keyborads" one says...uhm...why do I think these people download 128bit MP3s then try to judge production/mix/etc from them? *shakes my head*

One review even said something like "Generations sucks more than Soul Sirkus" :shock: :shock: :shock: I dont even know how to respond to that utter lack of taste.. 8)

Roadie

That is why I said "clueless"...it is truly dumbfounding!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:15 am

Not so dumbfounding, Dave. It's a point of view. Within this forum, I read different views on the individual songs on the Generation cd. Some of you find one song or another better then another and that's all well and good.
We like what we like for whatever reason. Most of you are new Journey fans and I appreciate your being able to give your personal view of any certain song, especially if it conflects with anothers view.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:55 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Most of you are new Journey fans.

No, we're Journey fans - plain and simple.
It's your kind that usually requires the qualifier.
Always making sure to demarcate that you're Journey fans "up until 1998, that is".
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby cubby69 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:57 am

heardonthestreet wrote:
Most of you are new Journey fans and I appreciate your being able to give your personal view of any certain song, especially if it conflects with anothers view.

Actually I've been a fan since the debut album, love them then, loved them when Perry joined, wasn't thrilled, but still loved the music when Gregg left, loved them thru the 'pop years' and still loved them when Perry decided not to perform longer. 8)
When its all boiled down and the days at an end, I'll give you no bullshit and I'll never pretend.
cubby69
Ol' 78

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:10 am

You shouldn't tell me how to think, N.C. I'm honest. I expect certain things from Journey. You're expectations are just lower than mine. Maybe someday, but at present, they seem to be floundering. I remember when..................and I hope!
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:13 am

heardonthestreet wrote:You shouldn't tell me how to think, N.C. I'm honest. I expect certain things from Journey. You're expectations are just lower than mine. Maybe someday, but at present, they seem to be floundering. I remember when..................and I hope!

So your expectations are set high for Journey, but other people have set their expectations of Perry too high? I think I have the same expectations of each. Write, record and tour the music you feel. Journey is feeling music, Perry isn't. So be it.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:24 am

heardonthestreet wrote:You shouldn't tell me how to think, N.C.

Where in my above post did I do that? Show me. I defy you.

heardonthestreet wrote:I'm honest.

You are many things, HOTS (an opportunistic liar, a reprobate propagandist etc) "honest" is not one of them.

You relentlessly criticized the new album before a track listing or sound clips were even sent out.
How is that honest?
You say Augeri wasn't talented even in his youth, yet you offer ZERO corroboration.
How is that honest?
You devalue accomplished musicians and writers such as Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon as mere "talentless sidemen".
How is that honest?

heardonthestreet wrote:I expect certain things from Journey.

Bull.
All you expect (and desire) is ONE thing: Steve Perry at the helm.
Anything other than that is minutia you couldn't care less about.

Your willingness to blindly eat up any maudlin, uninspired slop Perry dishes out (from "ROR" to "FTLOSM") is probative of this.

heardonthestreet wrote:You're expectations are just lower than mine.

Coming from someone who holds "GH + 5" in high regard, that means very little.

My expectations were for Journey to be true to their word, and release a creatively ambitious LP, the likes of which hasn't been seen since their Frontiers days.
For the most part, Journey delivered.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:03 am

Like I stated! You're expectations are lower than mine, N.C.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:12 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Like I stated! You're expectations are lower than mine, N.C.

Typical evasional Perryloon tactics.
Can't refute nary a word I said because it's ALL true.
Every last word of it.

Bottom line is this-
your actions belie your statments.
Proclaim to be "honest" as much as you like, it doesn't matter.
I will always be there right behind you to post a real-life incident displaying your pathological fallaciousness for all the world to see.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Journey