JOURNEYFEST....

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

JOURNEYFEST....

Postby DarrenUK » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:35 pm

If Journey could headline a 6 band 1 day festival what would be your line up of bands (realistically)....

How about...

JOURNEY

BOSTON

TOTO

FOREIGNER

NIGHT RANGER

BILLY SQUIRE
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:40 pm

You would need about $3 million to put that line up together ;)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Abitaman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Add Styx-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:49 pm

Survivor, too.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:53 pm

My lineup would be, in order of appearance:

Kingdom Come

Zebra

Boston

Def Leppard

Van Halen

Journey
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:56 pm

Who do you have fronting VH, NIG?
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:57 pm

Well, if we are being realististic, Sammy since he still has it and Dave does not. But if this is a fantasy, when groups were in their prime, gimme DLR in his prime any day of the week.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:02 am

I'll take Dave even now. Sammy still DOES have it, too.
I loved the new Daves on Best Of Vol I, though. giemme more a that.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:04 am

I just discovered a VH song called Crossing Over with Sammy on vox. Not sure what year it came out, but I think it was around the time of the Balance CD, although it is not on it. Awesome tune. Download it if you don't already have it.

I LOVE Sammy, have been a big fan of his since the early 80's. And I like VH with Sammy, but I prefer the Diamond Dave days. I saw the Sam and Dave tour, and Dave's song selection was fantastic, but his voice was pretty lousy, IMO.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:15 am

Right on, Crossing Over's the B-side to either Can't Stop Loving....or Don't Tell me. Forget which.
I love ALL eras including Cherone. But on the sam/dave tour I saw an interview with DLR who pulled one of the greatest lines ever, delivered it totally deadpan straightfaced, too:

"Yea, come on out because this is gonna be a great show, just awesome. I mean I'm gonna be there playing my 13 or 14 huge massive hits, and then of course Sam's gonna play his 1 or 2. It's gonna rock."
classic Dave.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:25 am

Yeah, I heard he was a real asshole on that tour. I heard Sammy talking about it somewhere, how unprofessional he was. Sammy wanted them both to go on stage together and jam, but Dave wouldn't do it.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:32 am

VH1 had a great show on it, like a 1-hour documentary on the tour. wish they'd run it again, I'd tape it. Phenomenal tv and hagar's frustration with DLR is well chronicled on the show.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:33 am

I do love Sammy, though. He is all class, and loves his fans.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:08 am

TOTO

FOREIGNER

NIGHT RANGER

BILLY SQUIRE

Are you shitting me dude? Where do I start?

TOTO, solid band, but they aren't an asset to any day long festival. Go test the fucking rains in Africa, not in North America!

Foreigner- Jesus, new singer, they are struggling to get into small clubs, no thanks. Call back in two years

Night Ranger- I love Jack Blades, but if you are in a band, who was asked to go on "Hit me Baby one more time" or even thought it about it yourselves, then you are done..see ya

Billy Squire- Now you have really fucking embarrassed yourself. This is the guy who wore a slinky pink tank top for his video, and when he was on the bill at Junefest(keep reading), he played his biggest hit..acoustic style)--Everybody Wants You..

So, no, dude, that ain't happening. I doubt Journey or Boston would go for it..

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now for a reformulated scenario.

Firstly,
3 million dollars is no big deal Andrew. You'd make that up easy..But not with Toto or Foreigner or Night Ranger..Those are fine bands, but not top caliber classic bands..

In 2002, Journey kicked off their tour in an outdoor field headlining "Junefest" and the lineup was..

JOURNEY
Styx
Bad Co.
Billy Squier
Night Ranger
Molly Hatchet

That show drew 40, 000+ and MADE tons of money.

Now if you could put:

JOURNEY
Styx
Boston
REO
Cheap Trick

That would draw more people and you could play medium sized stadiums, making bucks...

With VH, NIG, I would think there would be bruised ego's on the VH side about not closing...Sammy would probably be ok, but Ed wouldn't go for it.. Ed hates Journey, so fuck you Ed.. go mix a drink you lush.

Then you could get a more mixed day:

Journey
Def leppard
Bon Jovi
Styx
REO

You would draw chicks, you would draw dudes, and you would draw both young and old.

How bout it Andrew, get your fuckin' checkbook out, and fund this fucker; I'll round up some rent-a-cops, and we could get some Hooter babes to flash us their hardware, and give the fans lapdances..It would be all good Goddammit! I am starting to get, you know, excited!!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:21 am

By the way, I actually once looked into booking Journey fora community blowout rager...the cost?

Total- was between 200-300K..

That was back a few years.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am

We could get Billy Squier for a case of Boston Lager....
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:15 am

NealIsGod wrote:We could get Billy Squier for a case of Boston Lager....

Naw, dude, a twelver of Coors should be enough...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:10 am

How bout a 6 pack of Pabst pounders?
I think THAT would get it done.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby DarrenUK » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:39 am

The thought of hearing Joe Elliott singing the masterful well thought incredibly written line.."Do you take sugar...1 lump or 2" would fill me with horror or the immortal...."I suppose a Rocks out of the question....PLEASSSEEEEEE....the most overrated band ever........Def Leppard are due on stage....CUE THE BACKING TAPES.

I have alot of friends from Sheffield and I love the city....only thing that needs pissing on from Sheffield are Def Leppard albums.......

Styx are in my opinion the greatest band ever and to even have Elliott walk the same stage as Tommy Shaw is sacrilage.

Bringing On The Heartbreak was a good song after that ide rather listen to Milli Vanilli.
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:48 am

So tell us what you really think, Darren.

Have to say I disagree, but I haven't liked anything Lep has done since Hysteria. Still one of my faves back in the day.

So I guess you won't be buying their covers CD? :wink:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby DarrenUK » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:45 am

I have 4 Leppard CD's but someone told me that I have the shiniest beer coasters in England..........my beer glasses or bottles fit on them perfectly and i dont mark my table.

And I think I will pass with the covers CD...........listening to them doing their own material is bad enough.
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:48 am

DarrenUK wrote:I have 4 Leppard CD's but someone told me that I have the shiniest beer coasters in England..........my beer glasses or bottles fit on them perfectly and i dont mark my table.

And I think I will pass with the covers CD...........listening to them doing their own material is bad enough.

Hey at least your honest, but so am I.

Dude, I am from Canada, and live both in the US and Canada..two states that broke away from "Home country."

I use the Union Jack to wipe my ass when I go on camping trips....I hate that fucking place. (close your ears Mamos).
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyjetster » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:09 am

:idea: hmmmmm....

JOURNEY

DISHWALLA

COLLECTIVE SOUL

PUDDLE OF MUDD

3 DOORS DOWN

ALTER BRIDGE
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:11 am

jrnyjetster wrote::idea: hmmmmm....

JOURNEY

DISHWALLA

COLLECTIVE SOUL

PUDDLE OF MUDD

3 DOORS DOWN

ALTER BRIDGE

I can't see this happening..ever.

Better not have Journey headline, or the place would be empty. The other bands are younger, and their fans wouldn't like Journey IMO...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby DarrenUK » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:02 pm

Ime moving to Florida in 2 months so I agree I hate the place also......too many asylum seekers here for my liking......and Def Leppard are British too......double reason to hate the place...........saying that I have been told never to bend down near a Canadian.......especially if he is a mountie.
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:24 pm

DarrenUK-

Hey dude I wasn't trying to be personal, I just hate those fuckers(even though Mamos seems totally cool)..

I just dont like the whole Queen this and Tony that game.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby DarrenUK » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:22 am

No problem mate......THE QUEEN AND THE REST OF HER FAMILY SUCK....I am a BIGGG anti royalist........so I dont mind anyone slamming the royals.
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:33 am

DarrenUK wrote:No problem mate......THE QUEEN AND THE REST OF HER FAMILY SUCK....I am a BIGGG anti royalist........so I dont mind anyone slamming the royals.

Well, thanks for leaving the door open for me..

I hate that bitch, and you would think they have enough money to get their fuckin teeth fixed or cleand for christs' sake. Jesus..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby DarrenUK » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:46 am

All to do with security........if a suicide bomber went after the queen at a racetrack she would blend in with the horses and confuse the terrorist.........our security personel are pretty devious eh.....
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:50 pm

DarrenUK wrote:All to do with security........if a suicide bomber went after the queen at a racetrack she would blend in with the horses and confuse the terrorist.........our security personel are pretty devious eh.....

That is fuckin hilarious..

On a serious note, the 7/7 bombings by those diaper wearing carpet pilots really scares me..

I have a theory.. I think Australia is next.. All of the Iraqi war players..US, Spain, UK have been hit.. Australia was a player.. I hope to Hell I am wrong.. I would hope they bomb that fucker troll, wherever he is...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Next

Return to Journey