From Ross on ARFM

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

From Ross on ARFM

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:47 am

Journey is finally getting good offers from promoters for Europe. While nothing is set in stone yet, it looks like Journey may be playing festivals next year in Europe.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:47 pm

I heard today from an music person.."they are a goin'."...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby LAWoman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:14 am

The link to an mp3 of the show is up on BT in case you missed it.

http://www.journeymusic.com/ubb/Forum2/ ... 300-3.html
LAWoman
45 RPM

Re: From Ross on ARFM

Postby yak » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:20 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Journey is finally getting good offers from promoters for Europe. While nothing is set in stone yet, it looks like Journey may be playing festivals next year in Europe.

Hopeful news for the European fans! Maybe the promoters are listening to Generations and are getting good feedback from fans (not critics whose paid job it is to criticize) who made the tour see that Journey has something big to offer this time around. Not to mention, this time around they are playing bigger and much better venues.
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:44 am

I have a feeling the SS Tour helped a lot.
I have a feeling signing with Frontiers helped a lot.

And I still think it would have been huge if The Journey boys had made the trip over for Firefest and simply walked ouut on stage at the end of SS' set. It would have brought the place down and proven to the promoters what was what!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby mamos » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:26 am

They would go down a storm.

I saw Styx a few weeks ago in Manchester and the place was completely sold out and the crowd loved them. Journey would do the same but bigger.

The SS tour proved that, 90% of the people there were just there to see Neal and hopefully hear some Journey.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:23 pm

Have you all noticed the popularity of "classic rock" among young people? I was in Hot Topics the other day, and there are AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Ramones, etc. shirts on sale. More classic rock T's than current rock.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 pm

NealIsGod wrote:Have you all noticed the popularity of "classic rock" among young people? I was in Hot Topics the other day, and there are AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Ramones, etc. shirts on sale. More classic rock T's than current rock.
Good point NIG! I just don't think Journey markets itself very well at all. There is whole generation out there that hasn't been exposed to Journey music unless they hear it through their parents. Christ, my 8-year-old son listens to TBF and Red-13 and asks me all kind of questions as to why there is a new lead singer and is truly FASCINATED by the fact that Neal played onstage when he was 15!!!!
OpeningAct
LP

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:56 pm

mamos wrote:They would go down a storm.

I saw Styx a few weeks ago in Manchester and the place was completely sold out and the crowd loved them. Journey would do the same but bigger.

The SS tour proved that, 90% of the people there were just there to see Neal and hopefully hear some Journey.
Imagine how big the Main Event would have been in England mamos!!!! Journey/Styx/REO
OpeningAct
LP

Postby mamos » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:18 am

Surely this would be a good idea for promoters. And obviously good for the fans.

Maybe if Journey did come next year they could bring Sammy Hagar. Now that is a show I would love to see.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Return to Journey