Journey - What will historically be remembered in 20 years

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby NoMoreTails » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am

[quote="Bloodflower"]I like Journey stuff, but frankly, if I had the talent he had, I woudn't waste it playing stuff like When a Man Loves a Woman. /quote]

Neal played on "When A Man Loves A Woman???
Add Percy Sledge to the greats Neal has worked with...
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:15 am

NoMoreTails wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:I like Journey stuff, but frankly, if I had the talent he had, I woudn't waste it playing stuff like When a Man Loves a Woman. /quote]

Yeah I believe Neal did. God, as cool as Neal is, he sure has played with some "questionable" guys..ESPEE and Bolton...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:16 am

NoMoreTails wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:I like Journey stuff, but frankly, if I had the talent he had, I woudn't waste it playing stuff like When a Man Loves a Woman.

Did Neal play on Michael Bolton's version? Maybe that's what he is referring to? Just guessing...
Last edited by NealIsGod on Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:21 am

You're doing it again, Dean.

Get that thing outa there now!@!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:26 am

NealIsGod wrote:
NoMoreTails wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:I like Journey stuff, but frankly, if I had the talent he had, I woudn't waste it playing stuff like When a Man Loves a Woman.

Did Neal play on Michael Bolton's version? Maybe that's what he is referring to? Just guessing...

No, Neal played on the album that featured "(Sittin' On The) Dock Of The Bay" along with Jon and Randy.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby NoMoreTails » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:27 am

NealIsGod wrote:
NoMoreTails wrote:
Bloodflower wrote:I like Journey stuff, but frankly, if I had the talent he had, I woudn't waste it playing stuff like When a Man Loves a Woman. /quote]

I don't think so, and I've heard When You Love A Woman called the other title many times, his solo on Dock of the Bay was cool though...

I'm with NIG on HSAS, killer, especially the stuff from the video that didn't even make the album.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:29 am

NoMoreTails wrote:I'm with NIG on HSAS, killer, especially the stuff from the video that didn't even make the album.

What video? :shock:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby NoMoreTails » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:33 am

NealIsGod wrote:
NoMoreTails wrote:I'm with NIG on HSAS, killer, especially the stuff from the video that didn't even make the album.

What video? :shock:

One of the HSAS shows was filmed and shown on MTV back in the day. I wore my copy out, very cool show, there were three or so more songs than on the album. Check it out if you can find it, never commercially released as far as I know.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:33 am

There was a promo vidoe of the concert which just had the album cuts, but there was also a complete concert video of HSAS...I have been LOOKING for that!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:43 am

jrnyman28 wrote:There was a promo vidoe of the concert which just had the album cuts, but there was also a complete concert video of HSAS...I have been LOOKING for that!!

If we all search for it, whoever finds it can share with the rest of the gang. Is Ebay a good place to look?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:34 am

I know it has been on eBay, but I fear the quality...kind of like F&B, 8th generation of a 3rd generation, etc.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:19 am

Sorry, I meant that Journey song from Trial By Fire, When You Love a Woman, or whatever it is called.

Michael Bolton blows monkey balls. Ew.

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:06 am

perryfaithful wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:Sorry...do not understand! The concept of a lead singer being "humble" was came from Cain in a NEW interview before their State College, PA concert recently.

As if you haven't heard terms such as "humble" & "gracious" being bandied about before in reference to Steve Augeri?

Several times you have been on here implying that Steve's docile, pliant nature is exactly what Neal was looking for. Less talent, but more agreeable to tour with, was your oft-repeated implication. Someone who would not take charge (ala a certain different Journey lead singer also named Steve).

Don't come here and play Andrew like a fool.

The word "humble" might have been taken from a new Cain interview, but your manipulation and distortion of it is old. Very old.

Same tired Perryloon instigational agenda.

It really does not matter what I say. I am attacked before I even get two words out. Everyone jumped on Spikes band wagon about allowing others to speak without abuse and yet I am still being called a "perryloon" and worse. How about just ignoring my posts Noble Cause? Think you can do that or is your real fun here being an attack dog?

Andrew taking the time to ask me not to speak is insulting. I am a huge fan of his site and have taken his advice on music repeatedly. My simple post did not warrant his response. Dave took it to the next level of discussion as it should have been, but I can't get past the BS to participate. Sorry Dave, but thanks!

I guess if I just screamed FUCK THIS, FUCK THAT, FUCK YOU all the time I would be fine here!

Drop the oh-woe-is-me act. Nobody's buying it. Your incendiary agenda is clear to everyone here, including Andrew.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 am

perryfaithful wrote:
It really does not matter what I say. I am attacked before I even get two words out.

People are aware of your game and more importantly, they are tired of it.
In layman's terms, the cat's out of the bag.

perryfaithful wrote: Everyone jumped on Spikes band wagon about allowing others to speak without abuse and yet I am still being called a "perryloon" and worse.

Spike is new here and hence, is being given the benefit of the doubt that he is honest and sincere. His seems really knowledgeable, too
You, on the other hand, have a marred track record of being curt, flippant and continuously lying, distorting etc. etc.
You bring nothing to the table here.

Kinda like the other week when you feigned suprise at the fact that there was multiple vox on the "Generations" album. You knew that already, but just wanted to stir the waters again. Getting in ur snide remarks at the new lineup and it's fans...baselessly alleging that Augeri's role had been unceremoniously downsized (even though Andrew already refuted that claim a month earlier).

perryfaithful wrote: My simple post did not warrant his response. Dave took it to the next level of discussion as it should have been, but I can't get past the BS to participate.

You don't ever participate, you partisanly propagandize. Cut the crap already.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:19 am

TNC, how many assholes have you torn for PF? She must have plenty!
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:30 am

Jeremey wrote:twenty years from now, what JOURNEY's legacy will be to mainstream music, and what people will remember, are the songs.

not many people will remember steve perry's name, or jonathan cain's name, or neal schon's name. the arena tours and packed stadiums may be relegated to an odd mention on VH1's "I love the Late Twentieth Century," and truly there will be a place for them at some point in the rock and roll hall of fame.

but i guarantee you, that what people will remember (and I don't mean die hard JOURNEY fans sitting at home collecting social security in 2025), are the songs. generations of people will know the songs "Don't Stop Believin'," "Open Arms," "Lights," etc.

Twenty years isn't a long, long time from now, but time will erase the names and the stories that went along with the music...but the songs themselves are timeless and will always connect with the masses. they will always mean something to somebody, regardless of who they think wrote them, sang them, or played bass on them.

Very nicely put.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:34 am

When I see that stupid American flag that PF has, I blow right by it..I don't even look at her posts, or I would get banned for sure..She is bullshit...not worthy of a reply...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:16 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:When I see that stupid American flag that PF has, I blow right by it..I don't even look at her posts, or I would get banned for sure..She is bullshit...not worthy of a reply...

What is stupid about the American Flag?

:( :(
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:18 am

The fact it is next to you....I am not biting...move along....no-one wants you here..bye bye
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby mamos » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:19 am

I don't think he meant the flag was stupid.

When he see's the flag he knows it's you,

Red Rag Bull. Ring any bells.
Mark
mamos
Ol' 78

Previous

Return to Journey