More on the Rush "ripoff" of Journey

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:16 am

SomedayExcitedAgain wrote:Currently, however, let me say I'd take a Rush concert over a Journey concert in an instant.

Why?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby SomedayExcitedAgain » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:30 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
SomedayExcitedAgain wrote:Currently, however, let me say I'd take a Rush concert over a Journey concert in an instant.

Why?

Several reasons I guess. Maybe I feel Rush is a little more progressive than Journey, a little fresher, a little newer at this point. Not saying Journey is off my list of preferences; I'm just not moved as I was in prior years.
SomedayExcitedAgain
Radio Waves

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:35 am

SomedayExcitedAgain wrote:Several reasons I guess. Maybe I feel Rush is a little more progressive than Journey, a little fresher, a little newer at this point. Not saying Journey is off my list of preferences; I'm just not moved as I was in prior years.

Ok.
"Progressive" sounds 'the same' to me. Prog rock bands that just jam get a little boring for me. I can appreciate their musicianship...but I guess I need a little more structure. One of the things I like about Journey ately, is that they seem to be a little closer to the middle now...a little less structure than before, stretching their wings a little, but still familiar.
But I get where you're coming from.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby SomedayExcitedAgain » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:45 am

Yeah, I think some jamming away from the hits is a cool thing, at least for what I'm into. I do think it's cool that Journey the last couple of tours dug deep in their catalog pulling out some obscure hits.
SomedayExcitedAgain
Radio Waves

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:42 am

SomedayExcitedAgain wrote:Yeah, I think some jamming away from the hits is a cool thing, at least for what I'm into. I do think it's cool that Journey the last couple of tours dug deep in their catalog pulling out some obscure hits.

Hey Someday...I saw Rush 2 yrs ago, and went out and bought Rush in Rio..very good.. I can see that people have different tastes, but I do like a little more structure, rather than endless jamming..I saw Yes, and they put the whole fuckin ampitheatre to sleep...for real.. Poor Journey has to come on to close the show, and everyone is snoring...!!
True story..Arrowfest, 2003..Irvine, CA
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby SomedayExcitedAgain » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:48 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
SomedayExcitedAgain wrote:Yeah, I think some jamming away from the hits is a cool thing, at least for what I'm into. I do think it's cool that Journey the last couple of tours dug deep in their catalog pulling out some obscure hits.

Hey Someday...I saw Rush 2 yrs ago, and went out and bought Rush in Rio..very good.. I can see that people have different tastes, but I do like a little more structure, rather than endless jamming..I saw Yes, and they put the whole fuckin ampitheatre to sleep...for real.. Poor Journey has to come on to close the show, and everyone is snoring...!!
True story..Arrowfest, 2003..Irvine, CA

I saw Yes two years ago and ended up leaving early; what a bore that show was. The sad part is that Yes has a number of good songs that are somewhat familiar to the casual fan, but their setlist didn't make good use of their catalog.
SomedayExcitedAgain
Radio Waves

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 am

well then why can't a Journey/Rush tour work?

Egos?
Probably..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Previous

Return to Journey