Win Journey tickets at Boston show August 20: Boston Herald

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Win Journey tickets at Boston show August 20: Boston Herald

Postby JourneyTroll » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:21 am

The Boston Herald's web site is offering a chance to win two Journey concert tickets for their August 20, 2005 show at Bank America Pavilion in Boston. The site is called Herald Interactive Contest Corner.

http://www.bostonherald.com/contests/

Good luck!

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:32 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:10 am

Red13JoePa wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
What's wrong with JT's post...nothing that I can see.
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:14 am

What'd he post?
I fell asleep.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:46 am

Well, coming from a person who "scored 2 tix" to "the venues Journey are playing sucks" to "I sold my front frow seats" to "win these tickets" to "I can see right through you"....

Gotcha
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:56 am

OpeningAct wrote:
Red13JoePa wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
What's wrong with JT's post...nothing that I can see.

Hi there, Joe. Your newspaper is having a contest for free Journey tickets. You should tell some of your friends to enter. Maybe they will win!!

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:58 am

What, the Inquirer or The Daily News, or the Montgomery County Record?
Which paper :?:
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:05 am

Red13JoePa wrote:What, the Inquirer or The Daily News, or the Montgomery County Record?
Which paper :?:

The Boston Herald, which is listed in the start of the thread.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:07 am

That Stones pic is too funny. Is Keith dead, and propped up against Mick? God, for a band that is so loose, and so old...how do they sell tix?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:12 am

Oh.
There must be some mistake Journeytroll. You said "your newspaper" meaning my newspaper.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Oh.
There must be some mistake Journeytroll. You said "your newspaper" meaning my newspaper.

Red13JoePa, I was talking to Joe...Opening Act...He works at the Boston Herald as a sports writer.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:38 am

:oops:
Color me embarassed. Please pardon the interruption and continue your meeting. :D
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:41 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:That Stones pic is too funny. Is Keith dead, and propped up against Mick? God, for a band that is so loose, and so old...how do they sell tix?

Keith Richards is lucky to be alive considering all the drugs he has taken. I wish he never took any of the drugs. I'll be seeing the Rolling Stones at Fenway Park on August 21 and 23. Their prices are way too high, and I hope they don't play their "Hot Rocks" set list. Instead, I hope they dig deep into their catalog of songs.

I would love to hear: Mother's Little Helper, Dandelion, She's A Rainbow, Tell Me, and I Got The Blues rather than Brown Sugar, Sympathy for the Devil, It's Only Rock 'n Roll, Tumbling Dice, and Honky Tonk Women.

I have heard the greatest hits setlist so many times.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:45 am

Not at Fenway. You better hope they book an Orpheum again.
Danellion's the only one you mentioned I heard is in the rehearsal list.

I think Keith;s death door image is a little played up and not necessarilly by him. If it was a bad as widely rumored, he would've booted by now.

Deano, why'd you start on the Stones, now i'm gonna talk about them and it's not approp here./
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:48 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Not at Fenway. You better hope they book an Orpheum again.
Danellion's the only one you mentioned I heard is in the rehearsal list.

I think Keith;s death door image is a little played up and not necessarilly by him. If it was a bad as widely rumored, he would've booted by now.

Deano, why'd you start on the Stones, now i'm gonna talk about them and it's not approp here./

The Stones are playing at Fenway Park on August 21 and August 23.

In 2002, I didn't get tickets for their orpheum show but did get pushed by others when they let in 20 people who waited for tickets at show time. I did some pushing too. I saw them at the FleetCenter and Gillette Stadium in 2002.

Keith Richards took some many drugs. Look at his face. You can tell he abused drugs. I'm a big fan of his music but not his lifestyle.

Journeytroll
Last edited by JourneyTroll on Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:52 am

I wonder if they're playing Fenway Park and when if so. :wink:

Look at Mick's face. It's even more of a roadmap and he was Mr Clean. just b/c the Human Riff is wrinkly doesn't mean he did all the drugs people said. Do you believe the Swiss blood exchange legend?
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:58 am

Red13JoePa wrote:I wonder if they're playing Fenway Park and when if so. :wink:

Look at Mick's face. It's even more of a roadmap and he was Mr Clean. just b/c the Human Riff is wrinkly doesn't mean he did all the drugs people said. Do you believe the Swiss blood exchange legend?

Mick, Ron, and even Charlie abused drugs. Charlie admitted he used heroin. I believe that Keith Richards had a severe drug problem from 1971 to 1977. He is lucky to be alive.

You can find out about the Stones on iorr.org

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:59 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Red13JoePa, I was talking to Joe...Opening Act...He works at the Boston Herald as a sports writer.

Journeytroll

O really? Then if he truly is a sports writer, he should be able to tell me where Ram-Man is going Sunday night.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:03 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:That Stones pic is too funny. Is Keith dead, and propped up against Mick? God, for a band that is so loose, and so old...how do they sell tix?

ala Weekend At Bernies!!! :P
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:04 am

JourneyTroll wrote:I have heard the greatest hits setlist so many times.

Journeytroll

Sounds like Journey Fans complaints about their past few tours. Yet didn't you say you would only go if it WAS only the GH?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:05 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Mick, Ron, and even Charlie abused drugs. Charlie admitted he used heroin. I believe that Keith Richards had a severe drug problem from 1971 to 1977. He is lucky to be alive.

Journeytroll

Who cares?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:12 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:I have heard the greatest hits setlist so many times.

Journeytroll

Sounds like Journey Fans complaints about their past few tours. Yet didn't you say you would only go if it WAS only the GH?

Yes, for the GH selection if it is Journey because I am not a hard-core fan. Plus, the times I have seen Journey were with ladies, and they told me they hope Journey only place the hits and not any weird stuff.

I'll listen to the most obscure Rolling Stones song live rather than hear the predictable Hot Rocks setlist.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:14 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Mick, Ron, and even Charlie abused drugs. Charlie admitted he used heroin. I believe that Keith Richards had a severe drug problem from 1971 to 1977. He is lucky to be alive.

Journeytroll

Who cares?

Red13JoePa was talking about the Stones with me, so he might care. Don't get angry Dave. Have a good weekend.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:24 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Red13JoePa was talking about the Stones with me, so he might care. Don't get angry Dave. Have a good weekend.

Journeytroll

Not angry at all...but who really cares about their "past" drug use? Talk about their music. Talk about how old they look or how dead they look. But I just don't really get it. You seem to be stuck on the fact they had drug problems. That is why I asked.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:14 am

Exactly, Dave. It's all about the music.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby OpeningAct » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:40 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Red13JoePa, I was talking to Joe...Opening Act...He works at the Boston Herald as a sports writer.

Journeytroll

O really? Then if he truly is a sports writer, he should be able to tell me where Ram-Man is going Sunday night.
Ram-Man??? :?
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:49 pm

heardonthestreet wrote:Exactly, Dave. It's all about the music.

Yeah it is. Keep that in mind.

Oh by the way, Opening Act..Dude, you say you are a sports writer, yet you don't know who "Ram-Man" is? Let me give you a little clue. I am referring to Manny Fucking Ramirez. Ever heard of him? He plays at Fenway Field,..errr, Fenway stadium...

Ever heard of the Boston Red Sox?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:03 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
heardonthestreet wrote:Exactly, Dave. It's all about the music.

Yeah it is. Keep that in mind.

Oh by the way, Opening Act..Dude, you say you are a sports writer, yet you don't know who "Ram-Man" is? Let me give you a little clue. I am referring to Manny Fucking Ramirez. Ever heard of him? He plays at Fenway Field,..errr, Fenway stadium...

Ever heard of the Boston Red Sox?
Red Sox??? Never heard of them...are they any good??? :roll:
And BTW...they don't use the expression Ram-Man around here...genius. :roll:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:20 pm

He won't be playing at Fenway for long if he gets his way. What is that guy DOING :?: Stinking dog he is, and Schilling the manager's got a situation on his hands he can't handle now. Maybe he'll he'll ask his puppet Tito what to do.
I wish JRYN would do a big Philly show like Boston's getting but I'll take the Atlantic City ones.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:15 am

Red13JoePa wrote:He won't be playing at Fenway for long if he gets his way. What is that guy DOING :?: Stinking dog he is, and Schilling the manager's got a situation on his hands he can't handle now. Maybe he'll he'll ask his puppet Tito what to do.
I wish JRYN would do a big Philly show like Boston's getting but I'll take the Atlantic City ones.
The latest is, Ram-Man, or whatever the hell RocknDbag called him, just may be involved in a three-team trade that includes the Mets. But a lot can change from now until Sunday night, Joe.
This is the first Boston show, where Journey actually played IN the city, for some time. I would think a Philly show would be huge!!!!
OpeningAct
LP

Next

Return to Journey