Eric
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:54 am

That makes an average of 5.7 for "Generations" :(
Are you sure about those ratings? ;)
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:01 am

Yea, his panning of EG, and GC drag the aggregate way down.
I'd give EG at least like a 7.5, I really like that #. Could've still used an Augeri touch on the high bridge at then end but a real good tune all in all.

Still really digging In Self Defense, too.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:27 am

(1)It's Never Too Late (9)
(2)The Place In Your Heart (9)
(3)Out Of Harms Way (9)
(4)Faith In The Heartland ( 8)
(5)Butterfly (7)
(6)A Better Life ( 8)
(7)Beyond the Clouds ( 8)
(8)Better Together (7)
(9)Believe (6)
(10)Knowing That You Love Me ( 8)
(11)Self-Defense (7)
(12)Every Generation ( 8)
(13) Gone Crazy (7)

That makes my average: 7.8

Funny how, when I rank the CD as a whole I gave it a much higher grade than 78%....
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:50 am

I wish I could hear the entire CD instead of those clips. I guess that means I *have* to go to the show, regardless of whether I don't have the moolah. I want this CD.

My first impressions based on the two clips I heard was that the guitars were fabulous, as usual, and the drumming was tight. I wasn't too keen on the vocals. But I am going to give them a chance. I just wish he didn't sound like the ghost of Perry for me! I am sure he is a great singer in his own right, but the Perry similarities are too eerie for me. I can't get past them.

The best song on Arrival, I thought, was Higher Place. I wasn't keen on the ballads at all. There are a couple of good bluesy rock songs too. Can't remember their names right now, and don't have the CD handy.

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:01 am

Bloodflower wrote:I wish I could hear the entire CD instead of those clips. I guess that means I *have* to go to the show, regardless of whether I don't have the moolah. I want this CD.

You could buy it through www.frontiers.it and NEH Records. it is the European release with a bonus track.

Bloodflower wrote:I wasn't too keen on the vocals. But I am going to give them a chance. I just wish he didn't sound like the ghost of Perry for me! I am sure he is a great singer in his own right, but the Perry similarities are too eerie for me. I can't get past them.

Have you ever listened to Hugo or Kevin Chalfant of The Storm and Two Fires? There are several people with similar voices to Perry's.

Bloodflower wrote:The best song on Arrival, I thought, was Higher Place.

And the vocals did not interfere on that one? Hopefully they won't on the new stuff either then.

Bloodflower wrote:I wasn't keen on the ballads at all. There are a couple of good bluesy rock songs too. Can't remember their names right now, and don't have the CD handy.

I agree completely!!
Last edited by jrnyman28 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: Ranking and (Rating out of 10) for Generation so far

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:32 pm

Yeah - I'm sure about those ratings - so far - based on CLIPS. Deano did send me a copy of the CD, but the Post Office keeps your mail for 10 days after you move and provide a forwarding date, so all my mail is backed-up somewhere....

The 5.7 is just an average of those songs, I would probably give the album a 7 so far based on everything. And on a 1-100 scale like Andrew does, where I'd give 96's, 97's, etc. instead of 9's - it would be in the high 70's or low 80's...based on the clips. Gone Crazy, Every Generation and the re-tread Self Defense just aren't good tunes for me and it hurts the overall average.

To compare, I'll do Arrival (which have changed over time):

1) Higher Place - 10
2) I Got a Reason - 9
3) Living To Do - 9
4) Nothin Comes Close - 8
5) Signs of Life - 8
6) Kiss me Softly - 8
7) We'll meet Again - 7
8) World Gone Wild - 7
9) To Be Alive Again - 7
10) I'm Not that Way - 6
11) Live and Breathe - 6