place in your heart

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

place in your heart

Postby artinis1 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:15 am

from nick,
i have noticed from the past few setlists i have seen that they have stopped playing this song live, i think that is a big mistake, this song really sounds like retro journey and if they do film a show for a dvd, i would hope they add this back to the setlist, i saw the show in chicago and despite the slow beginning, it was great, i am a diehard perry fan, there is nothing he could have done better that night to compare with augeri, augeri did a fantastic job belting out the hits, but again place in your heart should be in every show, they should drop out of harm's way and add this back, and i really hope they do release a dvd from this tour, hopefully andrew's interviews will surface soon
artinis1
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:45 am

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:18 am

Agree, TPIYH SMOKES.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Agree, TPIYH SMOKES.


I guess you'll know if it's back in the set tomorrow won't ya? I will.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:19 am

Yea, don't forget the whole setlist and full review dammit. i hope they put Place back in for ya, and more important for me in AC.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Re: place in your heart

Postby yak » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:30 am

I am making concert plans to hear the new music. If I don't hear The Place In Your Heart especially I will be disappointed BIG time! I agree that everybody should be hearing this song! As well as other songs from the new album. 8) Steve is finally coming into his own, so why the changes? Here they have a GREAT new album, and they choose to not play music from it? How can they call the concert "An Evening with Journey," if it's just the same old stuff?

:roll: Not particularly interested in hearing the oldies one more time. :roll:
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming


Image
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:39 pm

You probably already know, Yak, but there was a damn Greek Chorus sreaming for blood when they dared combine 8 Generations tracks with a lot of Pre-perry in the first set at Irvine opening night (despite press releases promising as much beforehand). Instead of compromising the Pre-Perry, the pared the Gens representation down to 2 or 3 tracks. I'd be fine if they only did 6 . TPIYH, FITH, and so all can sing without stealing Augeri's thunder, Deen Ross, Neal and Jon each do THEIR track from Generations. As the good as the other setlists have been, Irvine which had TPIYH, the otehr 7 Gens tracks and all the Preperrys +the hits is a JRNY Head's dream. Someone needs to get us a copy of that show somehow.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Abitaman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:38 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:You probably already know, Yak, but there was a damn Greek Chorus sreaming for blood when they dared combine 8 Generations tracks with a lot of Pre-perry in the first set at Irvine opening night (despite press releases promising as much beforehand). Instead of compromising the Pre-Perry, the pared the Gens representation down to 2 or 3 tracks. I'd be fine if they only did 6 . TPIYH, FITH, and so all can sing without stealing Augeri's thunder, Deen Ross, Neal and Jon each do THEIR track from Generations. As the good as the other setlists have been, Irvine which had TPIYH, the otehr 7 Gens tracks and all the Preperrys +the hits is a JRNY Head's dream. Someone needs to get us a copy of that show somehow.


I like the setlist that was at the being, sounds like you did too. the only problem, I had with it was the order it was in. Should have been mixed up better. Throw some new and pre-perry stuff around in the set more, after ever 2 or 3 song. They were not to bright on how they started, had a lot of balls about it though. Now it's a hit show. Not what I wanted to see, not that I'm not going to like the show now. But the promise of what it was going to be! As far as people not liking the new songs. How can they like it, if they haven't heard it. GET A DEAL AND GET IT OUT THERE!!!! FORGET ABOUT SS NEAL< CAN WORK WITH JOURNEY!-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4687
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: place in your heart

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:34 am

yak wrote:I am making concert plans to hear the new music. If I don't hear The Place In Your Heart especially I will be disappointed BIG time!


Be ready to be disappointed. I only counted 1 Generations last night..Faith in the Heartland. No intermission, no new stuff..no Anyway You Want It..No CD giveaway. Oh yeah, a little time in the Fairs' holding cell for throwing down with Perry and Kiss nuts... More later
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby yak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:42 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:You probably already know, Yak, but there was a damn Greek Chorus sreaming for blood when they dared combine 8 Generations tracks with a lot of Pre-perry in the first set at Irvine opening night (despite press releases promising as much beforehand). Instead of compromising the Pre-Perry, the pared the Gens representation down to 2 or 3 tracks. I'd be fine if they only did 6 . TPIYH, FITH, and so all can sing without stealing Augeri's thunder, Deen Ross, Neal and Jon each do THEIR track from Generations. As the good as the other setlists have been, Irvine which had TPIYH, the otehr 7 Gens tracks and all the Preperrys +the hits is a JRNY Head's dream. Someone needs to get us a copy of that show somehow.


Guys, is it me, or does this suck big time? The question is WHY? Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Here they have an awesome new CD and they're not going to play it in concert? What the hell is going on?
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming


Image
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:49 pm

I just read over at Badtalk, that the fair last night was the reason for the short set...but it was still 2.5 hrs....

They stil plan to play the longer set, which has out of Harms way, and Every Generation....

The reason they won't play more new stuff?? The "vanilla, fickle patrons" get up and leave.. I say fuck them, but I don't know what a guy like Neal Schon feels when people walk out on his band... :roll:


I can see journeytroll/Opening Act is trying to bait me into a fight of words. I see you jackass.....I am not engaging you. Go back and report some more state high school girls track results...yeah dude, you are a "real" sports writer.. You are too funny.. Don't leave, you're easy to roll over... Openingtroll..journeyAct.... :D :D :D :D
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby yak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:27 pm

Dean'o, I agree. I think Journey should be out promoting their new album, and NOT be worried because some jackasses left a concert early. Maybe a certain faceless person set it up that way on purpose. Since when does Neal think he's got to please the world, anyway?
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming


Image
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:32 pm

yak wrote:Dean'o, I agree. I think Journey should be out promoting their new album, and NOT be worried because some jackasses left a concert early. Maybe a certain faceless person set it up that way on purpose. Since when does Neal think he's got to please the world, anyway?


I really would like to sit down with Neal, and do a real interview..not some Q+A about guitars or song prep..I would first drink a bunch of beers with him, get him to loosen up..then ask him the real questions..

*The pressure he has on his shoulders..He is the captain of the Band, he is the spokesman
*Are you going to have the Journey end this year? No bullshit answer Neal, shoot me straight.
*What do you really think of Perry. Again, let me have it
*I know you like generations, and I know you think it's good work. Why not play more of it in concert, and screw the dirty dozen songs?
*How many hot chicks did you bang in a week during Escape and Frontiers? I bet a lot:)
*Is SoulSirkus the new project, the new main workload, or do you just throw out a Journey tour to finance the SS gig?
*What do think of message boards, and do you listen to the posters?
*Did you ever kick Perry's ass? I know you wanted to. Did she cry?

*and on and on and on

Andrew, hire me dude. I will get you ratings..
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:45 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:I just read over at Badtalk, that the fair last night was the reason for the short set...but it was still 2.5 hrs....

They stil plan to play the longer set, which has out of Harms way, and Every Generation....

The reason they won't play more new stuff?? The "vanilla, fickle patrons" get up and leave.. I say fuck them, but I don't know what a guy like Neal Schon feels when people walk out on his band... :roll:


I can see journeytroll/Opening Act is trying to bait me into a fight of words. I see you jackass.....I am not engaging you. Go back and report some more state high school girls track results...yeah dude, you are a "real" sports writer.. You are too funny.. Don't leave, you're easy to roll over... Openingtroll..journeyAct.... :D :D :D :D
What? Me bait YOU Deano??? That would NEVER work!!! :P :P :P
Friggin nitwit.... :P :P
OpeningAct
LP
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:40 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron