perry and sherry

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

perry and sherry

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:30 am

hey, so im a huge journey/styx/vh/acdc/etc fan and i found this place and i'm stoked! i don't do the web much except here at the coffee place until i get my new puter!. anyway, i love old journey a lot but might go see them and hope to get the new album cos i heard it rocks more than the last one! anyway what my wife and i want to know is what ever happened to sherry of oh sherry fame! dude, she was hot! (dont tell my wife, lol) why did they break up and does steve have a new wife? i heard he doesnt want to sing anymore is that true? too bad but the new singer is cool too!

so the question is more for my wife than me.
Dan
Radio Waves

Postby Liz22562 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:25 am

Steve Perry and Sherry were never married...they broke up long ago. He actually touched on their relationship a little on BTM. He gave her the rights to the song "Oh Sherry"...so I'm sure she can't help but think about 'ole Stevie' when the royalty check arrives.......

Steve is not married
Liz22562
8 Track

Re: perry and sherry

Postby yak » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:17 am

Dan wrote: anyway what my wife and i want to know is what ever happened to sherry of oh sherry fame! dude, she was hot! (dont tell my wife, lol) why did they break up and does steve have a new wife? i heard he doesnt want to sing anymore is that true? too bad but the new singer is cool too!

Hey 'Dan'
If this question is more for your wife than you, why can't anybody 'tell' her? :roll:

Nobody seems to know exactly why Sherry was let go, but it COULD very well be that she found out about the fact Steve has a daughter out of wedlock, and maybe Steve should have, but didn't, tell her about the girl himself. It has always been clouded in mystery...why though? Why not come out and acknowledge to the world that you have a child? This daughter would likely be in her 30's now, so that could be the reason Steve (or did Sherry do the breaking up?) broke up with the love of his life. Who knows why he has never married? A Big Mystery.......or maybe not so big....The Perry Mystery Continues.......at the same time.........The Journey Continues....

As for Perry singing again in this lifetime, outside of whistling on an occasional CD, I think that's like having a snowball's chance in hell of winning the lottery!

Say Liz, why the "ole Stevie" comment? All women are NOT money hungry, as you imply! :roll: Rude comment if I do say so myself.
What To Do When You See a Loon Coming

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:26 pm

Uh dude, "Sherrie" wasn't hot".... She was ok, nothing special.. Who in the Hell would marry Perry? He is a major asshole.. and no, that isn't just my opinion.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Liz22562 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 am

I never said that Sherry wanted Steve for his money. You can interpret what I said in whatever manner you wish.
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:24 am

wow so perry has a kid out of wedlock? :shock: that is a bit extreme. was this before during or after sherry? i would hope before and don't think its after as you said she found about his kid. i had never heard that he had cheated on her so i hope its not true but you never know with rock stars.

in any case its a shame as sherry was cute and we loved that video they did with her. and my wife really does care more than i do about it but we dont have a functioning computer at home right now! thanks for the info!!
Dan
Radio Waves

Re: perry and sherry

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 am

yak wrote:
Dan wrote: anyway what my wife and i want to know is what ever happened to sherry of oh sherry fame! dude, she was hot! (dont tell my wife, lol) why did they break up and does steve have a new wife? i heard he doesnt want to sing anymore is that true? too bad but the new singer is cool too!

Hey 'Dan'
If this question is more for your wife than you, why can't anybody 'tell' her? :roll:

Nobody seems to know exactly why Sherry was let go, but it COULD very well be that she found out about the fact Steve has a daughter out of wedlock, and maybe Steve should have, but didn't, tell her about the girl himself. It has always been clouded in mystery...why though? Why not come out and acknowledge to the world that you have a child? This daughter would likely be in her 30's now, so that could be the reason Steve (or did Sherry do the breaking up?) broke up with the love of his life. Who knows why he has never married? A Big Mystery.......or maybe not so big....The Perry Mystery Continues.......at the same time.........The Journey Continues....

As for Perry singing again in this lifetime, outside of whistling on an occasional CD, I think that's like having a snowball's chance in hell of winning the lottery!

Say Liz, why the "ole Stevie" comment? All women are NOT money hungry, as you imply! :roll: Rude comment if I do say so myself.

Yak,

You don't KNOW WHY Perry & Sherry broke up, that is "very personal" information about their private life that was NOT made public to the fans or media. And whatever the reason they broke up for, it should never be made public to the fans & media because it is simply none of our business.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:31 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Uh dude, "Sherrie" wasn't hot".... She was ok, nothing special.. Who in the Hell would marry Perry? He is a major asshole.. and no, that isn't just my opinion.

This is just a case of YOU making an assumption about a famous person that you have NEVER KNOWN personally.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:35 am

At one point it was said that the rigors of the road broke them up. Perry tried to hold on by bringing her on tour with them and that drove a wedge into the band. So, essentially, Perry lost Sherrie AND the band...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:42 am

PROPERRY wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:Uh dude, "Sherrie" wasn't hot".... She was ok, nothing special.. Who in the Hell would marry Perry? He is a major asshole.. and no, that isn't just my opinion.

This is just a case of YOU making an assumption about a famous person that you have NEVER KNOWN personally.

Lori

Oh I'm sorry Lori. I meant that Steve is the sweetest, greatest guy ever to walk the earth. What a humble, selfless, and caring guy he is..

He only treated everyone like shit. He quit on his band brothers. He quit on his fans. He fired 2 band members, he fired his manager. He dressed the band in gay clothing for ROR. He lied to everyone; and He is full of shit.

No, it's not my opinion of him. Those are the facts mam. Now if you want to go to war with that fucker, be my guest.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:54 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:

Lori

Oh I'm sorry Lori. I meant that Steve is the sweetest, greatest guy ever to walk the earth. What a humble, selfless, and caring guy he is..

He only treated everyone like shit. He quit on his band brothers. He quit on his fans. He fired 2 band members, he fired his manager. He dressed the band in gay clothing for ROR. He lied to everyone; and He is full of shit.

No, it's not my opinion of him. Those are the facts mam. Now if you want to go to war with that fucker, be my guest.

"He dressed the band members in gay clothing for ROR".

That statement is so ridiculous! :roll: YOUR saying these "grown men" couldn't dress themselves??? :roll:

And I really don't care about the rest of your statements factual or not, it STILL had nothing to do with YOU. YOU are just a fan, not a member of the band that had actual dealings with Steve Perry.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:03 am

PROPERRY wrote:"He dressed the band members in gay clothing for ROR".

That statement is so ridiculous! :roll: YOUR saying these "grown men" couldn't dress themselves??? :roll:

And I really don't care about the rest of your statements factual or not, it STILL had nothing to do with YOU. YOU are just a fan, not a member of the band that had actual dealings with Steve Perry.

Lori

Hey Lori, this thread is ridiculous, but I am too far into it to bail out now...Open your eyes, will ya? No one is saying the guy couldn't sing..I am simply stating that a Helluva lot of people can't stand the guy. If Perry robbed a bank, you would defend him...so blind!

Oh, and yeah, Perry was so in control during ROR, that he did influence Jon Cain to wear a haircutting smock, and Neal was wearing clothes that Michael Jackson wears.. Oh, but little Stevie really wasn't part of the band?

Keep dreaming...King isn't coming back..ever.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:09 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:"He dressed the band members in gay clothing for ROR".

Lori

Hey Lori, this thread is ridiculous, but I am too far into it to bail out now...Open your eyes, will ya? No one is saying the guy couldn't sing..I am simply stating that a Helluva lot of people can't stand the guy. If Perry robbed a bank, you would defend him...so blind!

Oh, and yeah, Perry was so in control during ROR, that he did influence Jon Cain to wear a haircutting smock, and Neal was wearing clothes that Michael Jackson wears.. Oh, but little Stevie really wasn't part of the band?

Keep dreaming...King isn't coming back..ever.

If you think 'so lowly" of Steve Perry, then why did you tell us on the board here a while back that you shook Steve Perry's hand had at the Hollywood walk of fame???

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:38 am

Like I said, this thread reeks of Backtalk BS...

I did shake perry's hand, damned straight... However, since I met him, and was really stoked about it, I went home with Mr Perry in my head..I researched everything I could on the guy..not dirt digging, just wanted some hard to find clips, pics, etc.. O Boy, the stuff I found my my stomach turn...

The Herbie interviews..Yes, I believe that guy..

Other artists who made comments about Perry, and they weren't flattering. The entire ROR era, which I liked before, turned me sick..I threw that piece of shit out my car window after I read what King did to the band.. The BTM I watched again, and his lies and bullshit are astounding..He makes Bush look good!

I am not going to respond to you anylonger in this stupid assed thread. I am guilty of responding a couple times, and I should be sent to my room for that.

Like I said, Lori, if you want to defend a lying sack of crap, who betrays everyone who comes into contact with him, go right on ahead and do so. However, if you do some homework on the King, all is not right in the kingdom..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:47 am

I'd put her in the hot category Deano...she's not as hot as the broad from the Seperate Ways video but she's better than OK...IMO. :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Andrew » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:58 am

Er, well, yes it is really. Others may share that opinion, but it is still an opinion!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:00 pm

Andrew wrote:

Er, well, yes it is really. Others may share that opinion, but it is still an opinion!

Yeah, their opinion is wrong...IMHO
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby yak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:24 pm

Liz22562 wrote: He gave her the rights to the song "Oh Sherry"...so I'm sure she can't help but think about 'ole Stevie' when the royalty check arrives......

YOUR words, Lizzie, not mine. That is the way I interpreted what you said! :roll:

PROPERRY wrote: Yak,
You don't KNOW WHY Perry & Sherry broke up, that is "very personal" information about their private life that was NOT made public to the fans or media. And whatever the reason they broke up for, it should never be made public to the fans & media because it is simply none of our business. Lori

YOU don't know either, Lori. :roll: I was only responding to somebody who posed a question here about Sherry. Give yourself a break. As for this whole event being so shrouded in secrecy, I repeat what I said previously: Why keep a child such a secret? A child is something to celebrate.

Dan wrote:wow so perry has a kid out of wedlock? :shock: that is a bit extreme. was this before during or after sherry? i would hope before and don't think its after as you said she found about his kid. i had never heard that he had cheated on her so i hope its not true but you never know with rock stars.

in any case its a shame as sherry was cute and we loved that video they did with her. and my wife really does care more than i do about it but we dont have a functioning computer at home right now! thanks for the info!!

What HAS been said is that the girl is into her 30's, so do the math. It seems this girl could have been born before Perry joined Journey. That would mean Sherry didn't know. That would mean he eventually found out and didn't tell Sherry about the child. If you love someone you should trust them enough to tell you the truth, right?

And personally....I think Sherry is way better off without Perry, no matter how much he pines for her.

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 pm

Check out Yak coming out of nowhere to throw one down!

Nicely put bro.. 8)
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:59 pm

Andrew wrote:

:P :P :P
OpeningAct
LP

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:52 pm

yak wrote:
Liz22562 wrote: He gave her the rights to the song "Oh Sherry"...so I'm sure she can't help but think about 'ole Stevie' when the royalty check arrives......

YOUR words, Lizzie, not mine. That is the way I interpreted what you said! :roll:

PROPERRY wrote: Yak,
You don't KNOW WHY Perry & Sherry broke up, that is "very personal" information about their private life that was NOT made public to the fans or media. And whatever the reason they broke up for, it should never be made public to the fans & media because it is simply none of our business. Lori

YOU don't know either, Lori. :roll: I was only responding to somebody who posed a question here about Sherry. Give yourself a break. As for this whole event being so shrouded in secrecy, I repeat what I said previously: Why keep a child such a secret? A child is something to celebrate.

Dan wrote:wow so perry has a kid out of wedlock? :shock: that is a bit extreme. was this before during or after sherry? i would hope before and don't think its after as you said she found about his kid. i had never heard that he had cheated on her so i hope its not true but you never know with rock stars.

What HAS been said is that the girl is into her 30's, so do the math. It seems this girl could have been born before Perry joined Journey. That would mean Sherry didn't know. That would mean he eventually found out and didn't tell Sherry about the child. If you love someone you should trust them enough to tell you the truth, right?

And personally....I think Sherry is way better off without Perry, no matter how much he pines for her.

Yak,

I NEVER CLAIMED to KNOW the reason for their break up, & don't need to know, & don't want to know either, because it is nobody's business. It is HIS personal life!

When you respond to a question that someone else ask on the board, you don't just "make up an answer" without providing actual facts to back up what you are saying. What YOU are really doing is spreading rumors about Steve Perry & that is just wrong!

How would you feel, if a fan started stating things off the top of their head & spreading rumors about Neal OR any other band member's personal life??? I believe you all would be real angry & demand proof.

Now I would NEVER do such a horrible thing & spread rumors about ANYONE. I just happen to have more class than some of you on this board that think it is OK to do that to Perry, just because you hate the guy.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:06 pm

PROPERRY wrote:Yak,
I NEVER CLAIMED to KNOW the reason for their break up, & don't need to know, & don't want to know either, because it is nobody's business. It is HIS personal life!

When you respond to a question that someone else ask on the board, you don't just "make up an answer" without providing actual facts to back up what you are saying. What YOU are really doing is spreading rumors about Steve Perry & that is just wrong!

How would you feel, if a fan started stating things off the top of their head & spreading rumors about Neal OR any other band member's personal life??? I believe you all would be real angry & demand proof.

Now I would NEVER do such a horrible thing & spread rumors about ANYONE. I just happen to have more class than some of you on this board that think it is OK to do that to Perry, just because you hate the guy. Lori

I posted FACTS, Miss Thang, but as usual, you Perrylonlies DON'T like facts, because they tend to discredit you worn out matinee idol. :roll: You, my dear, seriously need to get a grip on reality! :roll:

I AM NOT SPREADING RUMORS........ :roll: You, on the other hand, put the ass in class......

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:10 pm

Lori

When you are a star, there are things that are going to come out, and you are going to have to deal with it. Look at Elton John..
I agree that family members should be off limits, but Perry and Sherrie? Who gives a shit? They broke up. It happens everyday.

You Perryheads act as if this guy is the Pope or the president...he is an ex singer, who is shyer than a mole.

Jesus....it's only a guy named Perry.

And no, if someone came in here and had proof that Neal did something awful or was an extreme asshole, I would hate him..But he isn't an asshole, or a liar, or a M f'er..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Liz22562 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:52 pm

Like I said Yak, you can interpret what I said in any manner you wish.

I was doing nothing more than lending information to a question that was asked. I've never been rude to anyone on this board and take offense to your comments.

If you were unsure of my comment perhaps you should have inquired exactly what I meant. 'Ole Stevie or 'ole anyway is far from being rude.

Have a great day and Journey On!
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby yak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:19 pm

:roll: One more time Lizzie and then I am done with you....... :roll: You incinuated that Sherry is laying around waiting for her royalty check from Steve's gracious gift to her, which he probably wrote off on his tax return. That's the part I said was rude....that you assumed that Sherry is sitting around living off the fat of the land, which I doubt. Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

You and your Perrylonlies never hesitate, however, to say Neal and the band are milking the name Journey, when the reality is that they are the ones busting their asses so others can collect freebies.

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:23 pm

yak wrote::roll: One more time Lizzie and then I am done with you....... :roll: You incinuated that Sherry is laying around waiting for her royalty check from Steve's gracious gift to her, which he probably wrote off on his tax return. That's the part I said was rude....that you assumed that Sherry is sitting around living off the fat of the land, which I doubt. Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

You and your Perrylonlies never hesitate, however, to say Neal and the band are milking the name Journey, when the reality is that they are the ones busting their asses so others can collect freebies.

Nicely said.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Liz22562 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:29 am

I have no clue where you think I am a perryonly. I am not.
I am definitely a fan of Steve Perry and Journey (before, during and after Perry) and have posted so many times.

I am a fan of JOURNEY. I have everyting Neal Schon has recorded solo, a lot of what Jon Cain distributes through his personal website, Arrival, Red 13, Journey before Perry came on board, the Journey box set, the Journey DVD WITH Steve Augeri, Escape, Frontiers, and anything else I can get my hands on. Rock was even gracious enough to offer to send me Generations but I so declined because I am going to their concert soon.

You can be as nasty as you would like to be and you can interpret whatever you wish. So be it.

You might consider taking your own advice and not put words into my mouth either.

May peace be with you always,

Elizabeth
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Liz22562 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:48 am

and YAK,

FYI:

I am the single mom of two teenagers, 16 & 19. I've raised them BY MYSELF without financial help from ANYONE since my daughter was a year old.

I've worked 2 jobs for as many years as I can remember and at times 3 to help make ends meet so that my kids will not do without and to keep the home that I purchased working MY ASS OFF.

It's great for Sherry that Steve was kind enough to grant her the royalties. I never said that it was not - your personal attack is disgusting.
I've insinuated nothing. You might want to go back and REREAD what was typed and not interpret what YOU think was said.

Suffice it to say, I could give a rats ass what you think.

God forgive me for defending myself to a jerk...I know better.

May Peace Be With You Always,

Elizabeth
Last edited by Liz22562 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:59 am

Liz22562 wrote:I am the single mom of two teenagers, 16 & 19. I've raised them BY MYSELF without financial help from ANYONE since my daughter was a year old.

I've worked 2 jobs for as many years as I can remember and at times 3 to help make ends meet so that my kids will not do without and to keep the home that I purchased working MY ASS OFF.

You should be very proud, Liz. My sister had to raise her daughter by herself for a while and I know that's tough. Two kids is doubly hard. My hat's off to you.
NealIsGod
MP3

Return to Journey