Journey at Paso Robles

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey at Paso Robles

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:31 pm

Nothing special. Oh I got arrested, for throwing down with Kiss fans, Perry fanatics, but other than than that, nothin' special...


Setlist is all but GH now... they abandoned pre King material...I need to sleep.. I did interview Ross though:) and I have a surprise 13 and NIG:) right now I am hammered and somebody else is typing this..

will give report later this am..
Last edited by Rockindeano on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:55 pm

Aw, that's weak, dude. Disapointment they took out most of the cool stuff.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:52 am

Are you joking about being arrested? Someone pump some coffee into the guy...
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12508
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Re: Journey at Paso Robles

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:23 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Nothing special. Oh I got arrested, for throwing down with Kiss fans, Perry fanatics, but other than than that, nothin' special...


Setlist is all but GH now... they abandoned pre King material...I need to sleep.. I did interview Ross though:) and I have a surprise 13 and NIG:) right now I am hammered and somebody else is typing this..

will give report later this am..
A little suprised that the guys have reverted back to just the GH. I heard Ross is a great guy. Sounds like a good time Deano!!!
OpeningAct
LP
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:40 am

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:24 am

They can't win, man. that's something Rock-N was right about a while ago, it's so much bullshit. First it was "Too many hits, never anything new or rare!!" for years. Then after the first leg of shows this summer, it was "too much Generations, too many obscurities!!!!"

:x
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:35 am

I was "detained" after the show, and the other people and I just decided to say forget it and move on....

The show. Firstly, you needed tickets to the goddamned fair in addition to the Journey show...That cost me 40 mins in line with the fairgoers.. I am walking in at 745P, thinking,ok, I only missed a couple of Pre King songs..Uh, no..I hear Faith in the heartland being played..then I hear the SSB, followed by Stone in Love. I finally get in, and Ross introduces Mystery Mountai. What the fuck?

They played Patiently. They also dusted off Who's Cryin Now.. Get this; No Anyway You Want It. Unfuckingbelievable. No CD giveaway. 2.5 hour set..No intermission..

Dave, I think you might be a bit disappointed in Denver this week..I think they may have abandoned the 30 yr idea...

It's a Greatest Hits show.

Highlights..Lights. The crowd sang so loud, I couldn't hear Steve. heck Faithfully and DSB too. The ferris wheel right on top of the venue looked sweet..especially during Wheel in the sky...

Now for the police report... These asshole Kiss fans, next to me..hammered but annoying, "these guys suck! Where is that Perry dude." "Bunch of dinosaurs!" blah blah blah...and I replied, "Kiss isn't even a real band. You are as bad as the fucking Monkees!" It was on. I was hammered too mind you, but I was chugging Merlot, and was doing my best Chef, touching chicks, even makin out to two different ones during the night..One was hot, and said, "those Kiss guys are really bugging me." So I said, "let's move." Uh, no. Security dick says "stay there, or get out!" So, after a few more comments by the KISS fans, I just snapped, and unloaded on this fat greasy grizzly bear asshole, and he went down. Soon Kiss fan #2 gets up in face, and I hit him as hard as I could in the grill, and he didn't go anywhere.. He hits me, and I go down..By this time, security guards are all over the place...I got to listen to LTS on the walk to the fair pokey....sounded good.. Kiss fans, all 3 of them were mocking the songs, and I wanted turn around and bust them another one, but cop said "don't even think about it."

In the end, no charges, and no more fighting.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:59 am

Dude, if anyone EVER questions your passion for this band, they need their head examined. WTF were KISS fans doing at a Journey show, anyway?

Did you meet Neal? Can you share more about your interview with Ross?
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12508
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:10 am

It wasn't an "interview" but rather a five minute conversation with me motormouthing him a shitload of questions.

Some of the questions...Why won't you release this gem of a cd in the states...? I told him to tell Dr V to get off his ass and do something. He looked at me like I was a too worried of a fan..

Are the long setlists draining? This before I found out the hard way. RV-no, invigorating

Do you read the internet? I didn't want to tell him who I was :oops: :oops: RV-yes all the time

Is there going to be a live cd of this lineup? RV-quite possibly.

The Surprise--no guest, BUT, read this-

Before the show, I met a guy who is in a local band, and he was partying with us, and under his shirt, he had..a camcorder. I of course told him to shoot his ass off, and some guys by the name of Nealisgod, red13Joepa, and rockndeano would calling him, and giving him some jack for it. PM for more info...
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:35 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Dave, I think you might be a bit disappointed in Denver this week..I think they may have abandoned the 30 yr idea...

It's a Greatest Hits show.


Maybe that was because they were playing a fair. There could have been time constraints which meant they had to alter the setlist. The show in Denver is still being billed as the 30 Year Celebration and they are starting at 7:30 so there should be time for the full show. You did mention they played Mystery Mountain so I am assuming they still tried to make it a 30 year celebration even in the shortened set time.

Read me other post though, you will see my response concerning the change in setlists.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
phenomenal, deano :!:
yea we are going to require a copy of that dude's cam tape.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 pm

So was there a special guest or not? Have there been ANY special guests at ANY shows?
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12508
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black

Re: Journey at Paso Robles

Postby LAWoman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:38 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:

Setlist is all but GH now... they abandoned pre King material...


It's because it was a fair setting and a shortened show. See MNM's Saratoga Review:

http://www.journeymusic.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/008858.html
LAWoman
45 RPM
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:07 pm

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:05 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:I was "detained" after the show, and the other people and I just decided to say forget it and move on....

The show. Firstly, you needed tickets to the goddamned fair in addition to the Journey show...That cost me 40 mins in line with the fairgoers.. I am walking in at 745P, thinking,ok, I only missed a couple of Pre King songs..Uh, no..I hear Faith in the heartland being played..then I hear the SSB, followed by Stone in Love. I finally get in, and Ross introduces Mystery Mountai. What the fuck?

They played Patiently. They also dusted off Who's Cryin Now.. Get this; No Anyway You Want It. Unfuckingbelievable. No CD giveaway. 2.5 hour set..No intermission..

Dave, I think you might be a bit disappointed in Denver this week..I think they may have abandoned the 30 yr idea...

It's a Greatest Hits show.

Highlights..Lights. The crowd sang so loud, I couldn't hear Steve. heck Faithfully and DSB too. The ferris wheel right on top of the venue looked sweet..especially during Wheel in the sky...

Now for the police report... These asshole Kiss fans, next to me..hammered but annoying, "these guys suck! Where is that Perry dude." "Bunch of dinosaurs!" blah blah blah...and I replied, "Kiss isn't even a real band. You are as bad as the fucking Monkees!" It was on. I was hammered too mind you, but I was chugging Merlot, and was doing my best Chef, touching chicks, even makin out to two different ones during the night..One was hot, and said, "those Kiss guys are really bugging me." So I said, "let's move." Uh, no. Security dick says "stay there, or get out!" So, after a few more comments by the KISS fans, I just snapped, and unloaded on this fat greasy grizzly bear asshole, and he went down. Soon Kiss fan #2 gets up in face, and I hit him as hard as I could in the grill, and he didn't go anywhere.. He hits me, and I go down..By this time, security guards are all over the place...I got to listen to LTS on the walk to the fair pokey....sounded good.. Kiss fans, all 3 of them were mocking the songs, and I wanted turn around and bust them another one, but cop said "don't even think about it."

In the end, no charges, and no more fighting.


Did you get to see the whole show and did this prevent you from catching a drum stick from Deen?

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:53 am
Location: This is my only Username

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:10 am

NealIsGod wrote:So was there a special guest or not? Have there been ANY special guests at ANY shows?


Arnold was at the fair..If you can call him special. To my knowledge, no guests yet.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby Argus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:50 pm

:shock: can you spell o b s e s s e d :?: dude.. you are walikng the stalking line :roll:
User avatar
Argus
8 Track
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:11 am

Postby OpeningAct » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:37 pm

ace wrote::shock: can you spell o b s e s s e d :?: dude.. you are walikng the stalking line :roll:
Hopefully the stalking line is crooked because it sounds like Deano gets hammered and tries to score on fat chicks at shows... :roll:
OpeningAct
LP
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:40 am

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:41 pm

OpeningAct wrote:
ace wrote::shock: can you spell o b s e s s e d :?: dude.. you are walikng the stalking line :roll:
Hopefully the stalking line is crooked because it sounds like Deano gets hammered and tries to score on fat chicks at shows... :roll:


I am not saying this is what Deano does, but haven't we all worn the beer goggles once or twice? :twisted:
User avatar
NealIsGod
MP3
 
Posts: 12508
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Back in Black


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests

cron