Steve Perry setlist

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby froy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:19 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
froy wrote:

I have a feelin SMB

:D Always a pleasure to see you here Froy!
[/quote]

I owe you 10 bucks PF
See I can use that line also .
froy
Compact Disc

Postby froy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:21 pm

I have a feelin SMB

You also have had "a feelin" that Dennis DeYoung is bound to return to STYX .
Fortunately for us, ur feelings are not facts

Dennis will Return to Styx in 2007 IMO
Next year Styx will sleep and Damm Yanks will try to cash in
2007 Styx will have to decide weather to keep going with the Gowan scam or to return to a real band we shall see,
froy
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Liz22562 wrote:Do you think if Journey were inducted into the Hall of Fame that Steve Perry would actually sing with the band?

I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think we'll ever see Perry live with Journey again.

HOWEVER, as Perry's track record of public appearances attests, you won't truly know unless he shows.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:13 pm

Liz22562 wrote

Suite,
I don't mean to slide to the right of this topic....but.....
You brought up an interesting subject. Do you think if Journey were inducted into the Hall of Fame that Steve Perry would actually sing with the band? Can't help but wonder, especially after the Walk of Fame situation that occured.

LOL, I don't think anyone (me) has really stayed on topic on the Styx Forum.

In my opinion, I think Steve P. has been seen more and more in public than he has in years. That's a good sign. If I was a betting type of person (LOL), I think that he would sing with the band if they were inducted. I think he would even share the stage with Steve A. on a song, just my opinion. That's if he shows up 8)
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:23 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote: I think he would even share the stage with Steve A. on a song, just my opinion.

Considering that Perry couldn't even acknowledge Augeri's dedication of the Red 13 EP to him, I somehow find that very hard to believe.

(from http://www.fanasylum.com/steveperry/index.shtml )

Q: Steve Augeri has stated several times that you were his inspiration. In fact, he dedicated Journey's EP Red13 to you. What are your thoughts on Steve Augeri? Have you two spoken? And lastly, have you seen him perform with Journey lately and what were your thoughts about the band's performance?

SP: I only met him once and that was at the Hollywood WOF presentation. I've never seen the New Journey perform. With all due respect, my memories of Journey and its music are locked in our time together. I think I'll stay with that.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:31 pm

There I go, right in writing, thanks for posting that TheNobleCause, but you never know, right?
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:but you never know, right?

True.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:03 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote: I think he would even share the stage with Steve A. on a song, just my opinion.

SP: I only met him once and that was at the Hollywood WOF presentation. I've never seen the New Journey perform. With all due respect, my memories of Journey and its music are locked in our time together. I think I'll stay with that.

That statement tells you all you need to know about that snake. The new singer, who is happy to be there, signed on, after the old singer was givin tons of chances to stay, and lied numerous times to boot;

So new singer praises the old one...gives him tons of respect, and just like a true Asshole, Perry returns this garbage.

Why are we talking about a Perry setlist? He isn't going to comeback and sure as Hell isn't going to sing. I got money on Bill Clinton running for a third term, than King coming back.

If any of you still support this prick, I pity you.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:14 pm

Rockn'Deano, I know it's been years and years and years that Journey has moved on. Do you think that Steve Perry could change? Do you think that if they would make it to the Hall that Perry would go on stage and sing with the band? All of them together? I wonder how that would work since there has been so many band members over the years.

These bands were inducted over the years, did they all (except for those that passed away) perform on stage at the same time? I guess I could "google", but I thought maybe some of you would know :) Journey and Styx went through quite a few members compared to these groups.

1988 The Beach Boys
1993 CCR - I don't think they performed together
1995 Led Zepplin (did they perform and have Jason on drums or Phil Collins?)
1996 Jefferson Airplane
1996 Pink Floyd
1998 The Eagles

Just curious :roll:
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:34 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Rockn'Deano, I know it's been years and years and years that Journey has moved on. Do you think that Steve Perry could change? Do you think that if they would make it to the Hall that Perry would go on stage and sing with the band? All of them together? I wonder how that would work since there has been so many band members over the years.

These bands were inducted over the years, did they all (except for those that passed away) perform on stage at the same time? I guess I could "google", but I thought maybe some of you would know :) Journey and Styx went through quite a few members compared to these groups.

1988 The Beach Boys
1993 CCR - I don't think they performed together
1995 Led Zepplin (did they perform and have Jason on drums or Phil Collins?)
1996 Jefferson Airplane
1996 Pink Floyd
1998 The Eagles

Just curious :roll:

That is a good question SMBlue.

Let me start by saying Perry absolutely kills me. I idolized this guy for 20 years. Journey moves on, and I still love him. They do the WOF, and I am on cloud 9..I research this guy, and am sickened.

Look. My answer to your question, and it's only me, is that I do know some bands have patched things up be it for the HOF or a cash in tour.

The Eagles. They are so popular, that I really think the guys wanted one more cash in tour, and to leave their game on a high..complete with a good feeling to the public. With that, look at Van Halen. ..

Now VH band should indeed be in the RnR HOF, but there is now way, IMO, that those crazy fuckers can put down their egos and share a stage..Starting with Eddie who is to me, Rocks' Sybil..then Dave :roll: , Alex :roll: and Sammy, who I know would be there.

The Police. Firstly, IMO, they shouldn't be in the HOF, but they got in. Sting had to humble himself just to go on together..That was an embarrassment. Do these guys(lead singers) think they really are above the band as a whole?

Styx. No to direspect you as a Styx fan, but I don't think they will ever see Cleveland.

Now we come to Journey. To me, they should have been in 3 yrs ago. They did more for music than the Police, Bob Seger, and Prince; not to take anything away from them. I cannot see Journey showing up for the occasion all together. I mean, I would hope they could put bad feelings to rest..I was pumped at Hollywood, because I thought Perry did just that. I know Neal has..Neal has to work for a living..He hasn't the space for baggage or hate to carry around(see the Arrival interviews). Rolie- who knows whats up with him.. Again, I am not an insider, and i hope I am wrong, but if you look at Augeri against perry in terms of demeanor, class, and graciousness, there is no comparison. Now I know it would be easier in some respects being Augeri.. he has the comfort of being in the band now..he has that cacoon...so does Deen(although Deen and Smitty apparently get along fine). But Augeri and Deeno deserve to go into the HOF, because they had to literally face so much scrutiny, so much disrespect at first..playing small venues, small crowds, new lineup..this lineup has built up the band to great heights again, and deserve huge congrats on that achievement. Granted, having the catalog helps, but they had to perform it live..that is mettle.

I would hope Perry would at least talk to Neal, talk to Ross, and Jon...They were a family for so long. However, I can see Neal being a little apprehensive about getting back together, if only for an event. What if Perry really can't sing anymore? What if Perry would actually not be as good as Augeri let alone Deen now? I can see Perry's view too.

I am not a professional musician, so I really don't know if Cleveland is all that special or not. Neal says it isn't, but I think he is lying too. of course Neal wants in there, he deserves to be. So does the band.

Sorry for the ramble..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:13 pm

ohsherrie wrote:Easy to Fall
It's Just the Rain
TBF
FTLOSM
Missing You
I Am
Faithfully
Still They Ride
Somewhere There's Hope
One More Time
Donna Please
Running Alone

Encore: Melody, Happy To Give

I really think ballads and bluesy songs sound better done acoustically than rock numbers.
Whoa!!! GA-REAT set list...It's just the rain is a VERY underrated song!!! Cool post!!! :)
OpeningAct
LP

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:11 am

Thanks Opening Act. I would also love to hear Don't Be Down On Me, but I didn't want to overdo the encore. :lol:

Seeing as how he showed up for the WOF he might attend, and possibly perform, with Journey at a HOF ceremony, but I would be terribly surprised(and more than a little disappointed)if he were to perform with the current singer.

I'm not trying to incite a riot here, just expressing my opinion on the topic. I honestly don't see why he would be expected to share the honors for the songs he sang and helped write, that got them into a position to even be considered for the HOF, with someone who's contributions, for the most part, have been simply to perform those songs on tour. That really makes no sense whatsoever to me. If he must share billing with the current frontman, then they should each sing one of there own hits.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:49 am

ohsherrie wrote:I honestly don't see why he would be expected to share the honors for the songs he sang and helped write, that got them into a position to even be considered for the HOF, with someone who's contributions, for the most part, have been simply to perform those songs on tour. That really makes no sense whatsoever to me.

You already know my feelings on that one...

ohsherrie wrote:If he must share billing with the current frontman, then they should each sing one of there own hits.

I can agree on this.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:08 am

You mean like All The Way, which hit # 25 on the charts? Or does that statistic lie and that chart position as a hit not count?
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:11 am

jrnyman28 wrote:You already know my feelings on that one...

I would love to be able to discuss this with you like we did in the old days, but there's nothing I can say, and no way to say it, that someone won't interpret as being hostile rather than conversational. Then we'd get into the mud slinging thing, which is why the old days became extinct. :)
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:59 am

ohsherrie wrote:which is why the old days became extinct. :)

Except the "old days" when Perry was involved with journey, right? ;)

I hear what you are saying completely. There are several loose cannons who do make 'discussions' difficult. But then, you and I have gone rounds on this topic so there is not much more reason to discuss it at all. We are where we are on this. :)
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:09 am

jrnyman28 wrote: There are several loose cannons who do make 'discussions' difficult.

Thanks J28....coming from your mouth will it make a difference? :lol:
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:12 am

Just a thought O Sherrie--

Without Augeri, the Band would never, ever have a chance to even make it to the HOF..

See hun, Perry decided to quit, which is fine, but had the band not gone on, they never would have been eligible. The 25 yrs waiting period would have to have been 21 in Perry's case....
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:30 am

Uh.........Deano, would you mind clarifying that for me just a little? Are you saying that only performers or groups that have had 25 yrs of longevity in the business are eligible?
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:46 am

Here are the specifications as taken directly from the R&RHOF site. The requirement is for performers, not individual members. The release of Journey's first record was well over 25 years ago, therefore, their nomination or lack thereof has nothing to do with Mr. Perry being part of the band. It does have everything to do with the 1,000 'rock experts' that do the voting. There is no reference at all that the band must be currently performing, as many recipients received their honors posthumously. See below.

Performers
Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Non-Performers
Songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll.

Early Influences
Artists whose music predated rock and roll but had an impact on the evolution of rock and roll and inspired rock’s leading artists.

The special selection committee elects the inductees in the Non-performer and Early Influences categories.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:55 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:which is why the old days became extinct. :)

Except the "old days" when Perry was involved with journey, right? ;)

I hear what you are saying completely. There are several loose cannons who do make 'discussions' difficult. But then, you and I have gone rounds on this topic so there is not much more reason to discuss it at all. We are where we are on this. :)

Of course, as long as those songs are still on the radio and still selling those "old days" will never be extinct,. :)

I was talking about our old days on the VH1 board, and you're right, we'll never see eye to eye on some things. At least we've only really had one really serious conflict about them. (and I'm not proud of that) That was instigated more by the imput of others rather than anything that you and I were discussing about Perry and Journey. Catagorizing people(on both sides of the issue)can cause a lot of hard feelings that have nothing to do with the real points of discussion.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:11 am

Playitloudforme wrote:Here are the specifications as taken directly from the R&RHOF site. The requirement is for performers, not individual members. The release of Journey's first record was well over 25 years ago, therefore, their nomination or lack thereof has nothing to do with Mr. Perry being part of the band. It does have everything to do with the 1,000 'rock experts' that do the voting. There is no reference at all that the band must be currently performing, as many recipients received their honors posthumously. .

Thanks for the FACTS!
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:17 am

I think Deano was probably referring to the same reasons why Journey would not have received the SFWOF and HWOF honors. But they do not apply here. It IS a fact that the SFWOF and HWOF would not have happened if Journey had not continued. But the RNRHOF is completely different.

I was talking to Cubby at the concert and he firmly believes that Journey will NEVER get into the RNRHOF. I think they will. BUT, I don't think it will happen until that 70's/80's "bubble" is broken by someone else. Maybe a band like Styx or VH or KISS or Boston will be the first. That may usher in a few years of recognizing those bands of the arena rock era which Journey belongs to.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:19 am

ohsherrie wrote:I was talking about our old days on the VH1 board,

I know. I as joking on the other. ;)

ohsherrie wrote:and you're right, we'll never see eye to eye on some things. At least we've only really had one really serious conflict about them. (and I'm not proud of that)

Which one was that? I have forgotten.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:20 am

perryfaithful wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote: There are several loose cannons who do make 'discussions' difficult.

Thanks J28....coming from your mouth will it make a difference? :lol:

No, because I am referring to people on both "sides".
All we can do is try our best to respond the way we think is appropriate. And to NOT react when others respond out of kind.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:22 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Playitloudforme wrote:Here are the specifications as taken directly from the R&RHOF site. The requirement is for performers, not individual members. The release of Journey's first record was well over 25 years ago, therefore, their nomination or lack thereof has nothing to do with Mr. Perry being part of the band. It does have everything to do with the 1,000 'rock experts' that do the voting. There is no reference at all that the band must be currently performing, as many recipients received their honors posthumously. .

Thanks for the FACTS!

See PF, your comment (especially with the CAPS) implies that Deano was lying. It gives no room for the fact that he may have mispoken, or simply been mistaken.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:24 am

I for one think they will. Eventually. There were a LOT of bands that were instrumental in the development of R&R during the late 70s early 80s, which is who is being looked at today for choices. Eventually, Journey will have their day. They are at #9 on the pop charts for GH. Sheesh.. 9. Holy Toledo. After 625 weeks... still going strong. I think THAT portion is largely due to Journey still touring, absolutely. Despite lack of visible management, despite being ignored by radio, they are still doing well. THAT is a testiment to the music and the talent, from all aspects of Journey, past & present. Whether it is the old or new that brings them in to the store to buy GH could be argued til the cows come home, but the fact remains... it's being purchased. How cool is that.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:27 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:I was talking about our old days on the VH1 board,

I know. I as joking on the other. ;)

ohsherrie wrote:and you're right, we'll never see eye to eye on some things. At least we've only really had one really serious conflict about them. (and I'm not proud of that)

Which one was that? I have forgotten.

If I go into details on this board it will cause another big blow-up, and besides that, if you've forgotten it I'm not sure I want to remind you. :lol:
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:51 am

ohsherrie wrote:If I go into details on this board it will cause another big blow-up, and besides that, if you've forgotten it I'm not sure I want to remind you. :lol:

I have forgiven AND forgotten. But PM me sometime and remind me...for old times sake! :D
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:57 am

What did I miss, Good post, Summer so busy, first time all week to really look over things, My pick, in no order

1) Don't Stop Believin
2) Still They Ride
3) Wheel in Sky
4) Lovin..........
5) Missing You
6) Oh Sherrie
7) Strung Out
8) Captured by the Moment
9) Message of Love
10) Edge of Blade
11) Back Talk

how many?-ERIC