Anyone know anything about Jason Kelty???

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby yulog » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:17 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:I'm from Cleveland Ohio which is also where Jason is from, and where Escape got started.

I saw Escape perform many times and Jason was awesome singing Steve Perry's stuff.

Jason sounds the most like Steve Perry of any guy I have ever heard from a Journey tribute band, period!

I used to have a lot of Journey conversations with him, even had him over to my house once because we were trading coppies of Journey bootlegs with each other.

Do you have any boots of him singing other journey songs?
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:41 am

yulog wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:I'm from Cleveland Ohio which is also where Jason is from, and where Escape got started.

I saw Escape perform many times and Jason was awesome singing Steve Perry's stuff.

Jason sounds the most like Steve Perry of any guy I have ever heard from a Journey tribute band, period!

I used to have a lot of Journey conversations with him, even had him over to my house once because we were trading coppies of Journey bootlegs with each other.

Do you have any boots of him singing other journey songs?

Sadly, I do not have any recordings of the band "Escape".
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Saint John wrote:
Monker wrote:
JourneySinger wrote:Find someone that is able to hit the notes, and bring their own personal style... after all, is that not what JSS did? And look how upset the fans were when he was ousted...

The one issue I have with that is that just as many people were upset that he was the one chosen.

Journey needs to find a 'happy medium' between a JSS and an impersonator.

I think Jeremey is that guy. I really hope he gets the gig.

LOL...an impersonator can't be a happy medium between an impersonator and a JSS.

Jeremy is the other extreme from JSS...and it won't work either.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:09 am

Monker wrote:LOL...an impersonator can't be a happy medium between an impersonator and a JSS.

Jeremy is the other extreme from JSS...and it won't work either.

Monker, I don't know if anything will work at this point. I honestly think Jeff, with the new excitement and inspiration that he brought to them was their last best hope to be relevant in the industry again.

Jeremey will do an amazing job of covering the catalog and do it with a captivating stage presence(he really is that good). If they will let him lead or inspire them into new music that gets played that will be great and I truly hope it happens. I just have no confidence in their judgement anymore. I honestly don't see how anyone can. :(
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 am

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:39 am

The singer in the 2nd clip(I take it, the bands actual singer) sounds okay. He's not a contender though! JMHO!
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Liquid_Drummer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:41 am

Nope that is not him. He is way WAY better than that guy...
Liquid_Drummer
Cassette Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:49 am

Liquid_Drummer wrote:Nope that is not him. He is way WAY better than that guy...

No, I'm not saying he is Jason Kelty (If that's what you thought) I assumed it was a totally different E5C4P3. That's definitely not Jason though!
G.I.Jim
MP3

jason kelty

Postby dana wright » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:56 am

check out jason kelty back in the day
check out eclipe my space check out film shooting star
dana wright
Fresh Air

jason kelty

Postby dana wright » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:00 am

i mean eclipse. also check out grand illusion with paul "dr. soos" bass player and one of escapes old members.
dana wright
Fresh Air

Re: jason kelty

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:39 am

dana wright wrote:i mean eclipse. also check out grand illusion with paul "dr. soos" bass player and one of escapes old members.

How about a link? I searched "eclipse" on myspace and came up with some freak punk-band. Definitely not Jason!
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby slucero » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 am

somewhere in this thread... "eclipse" is the fella who knows Jason... http://forums.melodicrock.com/phpBB/vie ... highlight=

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:37 am

Ah...thanks! Here's the link to their myspace. I wonder when they're going to add new clips of Jason singing? They promised it a long time ago! I do like the version of "Any Way You Want It" and "Blue Collar Man". :wink:

http://www.myspace.com/LiveEclipse
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Liquid_Drummer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 pm

I talked to Paul Soos recently and he just said "soon". Saint John had a friend that got some video than never got posted and I just got tired of asking everybody for the stuff.

I have even spoken to Escape's old bass player Justin.... No one wants to pony up any old recordings for some reason. He said he would but then you never hear from them again.. Whatever.

When some fans asked for clips and shit from my Pink Floyd tribute they got a link and was listening right away. I imagine the reason anyone is in a band is to be heard so when people ask for recordings and your a cover band you should be flattered. Most people would just listen to the real thing but when someone asks for your versions.. That is flattering..

Paul did say Escape should be firing up next month..

The old Escape clip that is on the myspace page is NOT a good representation of that band. He put it up there so people could hear something which was nice of him however Jason had not fully matured vocally as I am sure you can tell. His voice sounded almost too high for it if you can imagine that. You could tell he was a bit new to it. Fast forward two years or so and Jason was a MONSTER as the Loving You is Easy clip I posted shows. Not just because he sounds like Perry. That is half of it. His power and control are what makes him stand out. The guy has some incredible pipes and not one recording I have posted does him or the band real justice. In a live setting it was like the real thing without 20k people in the damn way...

If they were both playing on the same night it would be a toss up for me. I dont like to be in big crowds and fact is that they sounded more like the Journey I want to hear than Journey sounds now also I could care less about the lights/video and shit. Arnel is awesome no doubt but that is just how I feel about it.
Liquid_Drummer
Cassette Tape

jason kelty

Postby dana wright » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:23 am

www.EclipseROCKS.net
i am an old friend and fan and have been wandering about those guys for years.
dana wright
Fresh Air

Previous

Return to Journey