Journey talks about Las Vegas living

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby jrny84 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:46 am

Posted: May 07, 2015 9:13 AM EDT
By Sherry Swensk, Weather Anchor

LAS VEGAS - Playing The Joint at the Hard Rock Las Vegas for nearly a dozen nights is a rare treat for a touring band like Journey.

“I think it's the most attractive thing to us – to be able to unpack your bags and hang out for three weeks,” said Journey guitarist Neal Schon.

The band is anxious to let Las Vegas rock them and see if it lives up to its reputation of having fun “any way you want it.”

“It's non-stop energy. It's not like you go to a concert and there's that whole energy. The vibe there, the whole city's like that,” said drummer Deen Castronovo. “It's non-stop for us to play. It's going to be like energizing every night.”

“I think Vegas is about good food, entertainment, fun,” Schon said.

“I'm staying,” Castronovo said. “Whoever comes in next, Britney Spears, I'm the drummer. I'm staying and hanging out. I'll work anywhere. Give me anyone, give me a pizza, and I'm anywhere.”

The band members also say they love the idea of settling in for awhile.

“Probably like the second night, it will be like experiencing us in our living room. We know the furniture. We know where the kitchen is,” said bassist Ross Valory.

“We know where to take a nap,” added Castronovo.

They may need the rest while faithfully turning out nine passionate performances for die-hard Las Vegas Journey fans who have a real connection to their music.

“We have a wonderful core of fans who believe in our music, and that belief keeps us covered and keeps us together,” said guitarist Jonathan Cain.

That core is getting noticeably younger, thanks to television shows like “The Sopranos” and “Glee” rejuvenating one of Journey's biggest hits: “Don't Stop Believin'”.

“That resurgence of that song is amazing,” Valory said. “It's become an anthem for the message of hope.”

That hope shows as the youngest rockers can fall in love with a 40-year old band.

“I think they got curious finding out it was our song and not Glee's song,” Schon said. “Then, they went into our catalog and started listening and decided they loved us. Because, I look out front and some kids are really, really young, and they know all the lyrics, and they're singing at the top of their lungs. So, I got no complaints. It's awesome.”

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/29003123/ ... gas-living
jrny84
8 Track

Return to Journey