Neal and Arnel discuss on Journey Page....

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Neal and Arnel discuss on Journey Page....

Postby perryswoman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Who is coming back??? Sorry in a major hurry or I would put the link.

I am guessing has to be Deen or Steve Smith. We all know unfortunately can't be SP

Happy Halloween!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Re: Neal and Arnel discuss on Journey Page....

Postby kmjrr » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:22 am

Journey
6 hrs ·
Arnel and Neal talking about who's coming back soon
kmjrr
Ol' 78

Postby perryswoman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:23 am

Well Deen's brother confirmed it wasn't him so must be Steve Smith. Boy is this forum dead!!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:35 am

Seems to me they were talking about Cain. The picture below it mentioned waiting for Cain or something like that. Then this with Cain's empty spot.

But I have no idea, so...
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryswoman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:44 am

Yeah that was mentioned on another picture but I don't think that's what they were talking about but who knows. Probably trying to start some excitement since things have certainly died down with them
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Smitty or bust.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Majestic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:44 pm

It is a Cain jersey so maybe Mugs Cain.
Majestic
8 Track

Postby Archetype » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 am

I'm guessing Steve Smith or Gregg Rolie.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:32 am

MR broke the story about Perry being replaced. Maybe Andrew will deliver some major Journey news soon...
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:43 am

Is it me or does this picture speak volumes about the state of this band?
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:02 am

yea its like a "where's Waldo" moment..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby perryswoman » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 pm

ebake02 wrote:Is it me or does this picture speak volumes about the state of this band?

I thought the same thing
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:51 pm

So does this one:

Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:43 am

Neal should take Arnel and make the kind of album he really wants to make! :D
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:40 am

JourneyHard wrote:Neal should take Arnel and make the kind of album he really wants to make! :D

He did. It's called "Eclipse."
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:28 am

I had always hoped that after Journey called it quits, that Neal and Deen would start a new band that played music like the Journey "Eclipse" album, and like Hardline's "Double Eclipse" album.

Of course it's very much in doubt as to whether or not Deen will ever return to music in the future. But if a Schon/Castronovo band were to exist, they could have Deen handle all of the lead vocals, or Deen and Neal split the lead vocals, or have Deen split the lead vocals with some other lead vocalist.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:39 am

JourneyHard wrote:Neal should take Arnel and make the kind of album he really wants to make! :D

I'm thinking a Neal, Arnel and Gregg side project.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 am

FamilyMan wrote:

He did. It's called "Eclipse."

With 100% of the lyrics written by Cain and the concept of the album based on a self-help book Cain read? He can disown Eclipse all he wants, he played a big role in creating it.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby livin2do » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Making the news, although I am sure most have seen this coming...

http://www.noise11.com/news/music-news- ... y-20151105
livin2do
45 RPM

Postby slucero » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:53 pm

He went on to say that he will return to music but not for awhile, maybe even a couple of years.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:38 pm

So, it's clear there will be no Deen for next year's tour, if there even is a tour. Doesn't appear that they have a replacement drummer. I wonder what they're gonna do, or if there even will be a tour next year? The band might need the next season out, just to regroup. The could just say fuck it too. I'd hate to see the band end this way, but with Cain being "not really there" and Deen gone, it's entirely possible they might go onto other projects. Neal, Ross and Arnel will be fine, as I'm sure they can find other things to do.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Memorex » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:18 pm

steveo777 wrote:So, it's clear there will be no Deen for next year's tour, if there even is a tour. Doesn't appear that they have a replacement drummer. I wonder what they're gonna do, or if there even will be a tour next year? The band might need the next season out, just to regroup. The could just say fuck it too. I'd hate to see the band end this way, but with Cain being "not really there" and Deen gone, it's entirely possible they might go onto other projects. Neal, Ross and Arnel will be fine, as I'm sure they can find other things to do.

Regroup? For what? To figure out which order to play the 12 songs in? This is and has been a greatest hits band for a long time. Outside of Neal or Jon, the parts are interchangeable. It would be zero effort for this band to grab a drummer and head out. Zero. Yes, Deen had become a nice part of the show with his singing, but not integral and something that for most attendees was more of an "Oh cool, the drummer sang" moment.

The average person attending their concert really doesn't care. They want to hear DSP, OA, and Faithfully and drink a beer.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Isnt Journey co headlining with Santana IV next year?
The return of Gregg Rolie? and Steve Smith?

I can dream.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 am

scarab wrote:Isnt Journey co headlining with Santana IV next year?

I can dream.

Yeah, I was under the impression that Neal was going to be touring with Santana in 2016, and that the only way that Journey would be touring in 2016 is if it was with Santana.

By the way, does anyone know when Santana's album with Neal and Gregg is due to be released?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:58 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
scarab wrote:Isnt Journey co headlining with Santana IV next year?

I can dream.

Yeah, I was under the impression that Neal was going to be touring with Santana in 2016, and that the only way that Journey would be touring in 2016 is if it was with Santana.

By the way, does anyone know when Santana's album with Neal and Gregg is due to be released?

Think Carlos was saying somewhere after the first of next year :?:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

Not to add any additional fuel to the fire...but Steve Smith has nothing booked on his tour schedule between mid March and mid September of 2016. Hmmmm...

Personally, I still don't see him coming back for a full tour with Journey...I just don't think he has the interest in playing a classic rock gig anymore. But one thing that you always know...is that you never know!

IF he were to come back, it wouldn't be the same Steve Smith that played with them in the past...that's for sure.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:05 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Not to add any additional fuel to the fire...but Steve Smith has nothing booked on his tour schedule between mid March and mid September of 2016. Hmmmm...

Personally, I still don't see him coming back for a full tour with Journey...I just don't think he has the interest in playing a classic rock gig anymore. But one thing that you always know...is that you never know!

IF he were to come back, it wouldn't be the same Steve Smith that played with them in the past...that's for sure.

A nice payday tends to make people a lot more interested in things they might not otherwise be. :lol:
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Not to add any additional fuel to the fire...but Steve Smith has nothing booked on his tour schedule between mid March and mid September of 2016. Hmmmm...

A nice payday tends to make people a lot more interested in things they might not otherwise be. :lol:

I think it would be great for Smith to get back into Rock for a year or two! I think that as great as he was the first time around with Journey, he's a far better drummer now. It would be great to hear him in Journey one more time on both a new album and tour.

Also, Smith has accomplished all there is to accomplish in Jazz. He's a legend in that world. It would help his name recognition even more if he were to reestablish himself in the Rock world. When he was done with the Journey tour, he might even find that he's re-energized to go back into his Jazz bands again? Taking a break from Jazz might make him appreciate it even more down the road?
Last edited by Journey/Survivor on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:20 pm

It would be a dream come true for all us Journey fans to have one Steve back, that's for sure.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby wednesday's child » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:12 pm

perryfan61 wrote:It would be a dream come true for all us Journey fans to have one Steve back, that's for sure.

You just had to go there, didn't you?
Definitely off it now...
wednesday's child
8 Track

Next

Return to Journey