Fresh out today. Steve Perry has new music coming!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Fresh out today. Steve Perry has new music coming!

Postby Lora » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:07 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
scarab wrote:3 different radio stations mentioned it today in Saint Paul.
KQRS gave it the most time. They discussed Neal and Steves falling out. Mentioned Dennis Deyoung as well.
Will have to see in the national pop culture media will react. They sure did when he did the Eels gig.
I am sure if he released it, he could go on just about any show to promote it. I highly doubt he would tour behind it.

I think this is the first time he mentioned he was in the studio and it will be complete soon.
It was always the same old thing, "thinking about it".
Hopefully it will see the light of day.

Fan Asylum also shared it via their Facebook page. Their site being the closest thing to an official Steve Perry website, they don't normally share info unless it is legit...so we'll see!

It's legit.
Lora
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:01 am

Lora has spoken
I am now in!
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:28 am

Well I just hope that when the time comes that I won't be sailing across the open seas and miss the entire concert series of him singing. That would be too much to even consider. After all this time and I'm on a ship sailing to Honduras! Quel horrors!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:33 pm

perryfaithful wrote:Lora has spoken
I am now in!

And the numbers are growing....welcome to the club!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby slucero » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Lora please give us a headsup when y ou get to hear it... nothing that would compromise the release.. just a "it's really good".. or "ya'll are gonna be really surprised"...

:mrgreen:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Lora wrote:It's legit.

Best news I've heard all day!
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby annpea » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm so :D it's happening OMG!
Dancing between the raindrops.
annpea
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:36 am

So, can anyone tell me what's wrong with this update? :roll:

http://www.contactmusic.com/steve-perry ... ck_5066514
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:01 am

Art Vandelay wrote:So, can anyone tell me what's wrong with this update? :roll:

Time away from the industry has really done him some good. He looks years younger, has a really nice tan - a fine lady. I think everyone should take 20 years off if that's the outcome.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:07 am

Memorex wrote:

Time away from the industry has really done him some good. He looks years younger, has a really nice tan - a fine lady. I think everyone should take 20 years off if that's the outcome.

The medical degree isn't too shabby, either!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:28 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Memorex wrote:

The medical degree isn't too shabby, either!

Man has he kept himself busy eh ... :lol: :shock: :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:14 pm

I think sometime next year I will hear a new Steve Perry song on the radio and be shocked. That is what happened back in the early 1990's when I heard You Better Wait on the radio.

Interesting discussion. I think radio will actually play a new Steve Perry song. Now, it's time for the rest of you to weigh in.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:20 am

JourneyHard wrote:I think sometime next year I will hear a new Steve Perry song on the radio and be shocked. That is what happened back in the early 1990's when I heard You Better Wait on the radio.

Interesting discussion. I think radio will actually play a new Steve Perry song. Now, it's time for the rest of you to weigh in.

I can't see why they wouldn't, if the song is good. There are lots of new songs being played out there, I'm sure something of his would be welcome!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:02 am

Lora wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
scarab wrote:3 different radio stations mentioned it today in Saint Paul.
KQRS gave it the most time. They discussed Neal and Steves falling out. Mentioned Dennis Deyoung as well.
Will have to see in the national pop culture media will react. They sure did when he did the Eels gig.
I am sure if he released it, he could go on just about any show to promote it. I highly doubt he would tour behind it.

I think this is the first time he mentioned he was in the studio and it will be complete soon.
It was always the same old thing, "thinking about it".
Hopefully it will see the light of day.

Fan Asylum also shared it via their Facebook page. Their site being the closest thing to an official Steve Perry website, they don't normally share info unless it is legit...so we'll see!

It's legit.

Alright Lora - now it's time for you to start planting the seeds to get his butt back out on the road. We'll settle for another "FTLOSM" mini-theater tour. ;)
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 am

JourneyHard wrote:I think sometime next year I will hear a new Steve Perry song on the radio and be shocked. That is what happened back in the early 1990's when I heard You Better Wait on the radio.

I remember the first time I heard You Better Wait, I thought for sure Journey was back. Was a little bummed it was Perry solo, but still thought the CD was very good. You better wait was play a lot on classic rock stations and I was almost in shock when I heard it on a top 40 station at the time was only playing hip hop, dance music, and boy bands.

Heard When youre in love 1/2 dozen times on a lite rock station, which in stpaul/mpls we no longer have (its yet another country station)
Heard I stand alone I think once on the radio but many times at Walgreens :D

Would be cool to hear a new Perry song on the radio, but if its not a rocker, its not going to make on the radio here.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:15 am

- Between Absurdity and Stupidity ... does anyone check facts anymore :shock: :P

Rick Stacy On Demand 12.16.15

http://1059sunnyfm.cbslocal.com/2015/12 ... -12-16-15/

Three Big Things You Don’t Need To Know– Jennifer Lawrence argues with the Lohans on Twitter, Steve Perry’s got a new album coming out, and some tips for avoiding Star Wars spoilers on the net.
1.44 - 3.45
scroll down to 2nd audio
rs.JPG
rs.JPG (34.34 KiB) Viewed 8578 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Amanda » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:41 am

Amanda
Ol' 78

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Man I hope it happens, man I hope it rocks, and please do not make it gay!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Gina3008 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Amanda wrote:[img]http://amandamarsh.me/wp-content/uploads/

Really??? Please......Another Caitlyn he isn't and never will be. But Adele definitely has a powerful voice like him. And her new music broke all kinds of records after being gone 3 years. Can you imagine the records new Steve Perry music would break!!! :D
Gina3008
Ol' 78

Postby Archetype » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Gina3008 wrote:
Amanda wrote:[img]http://amandamarsh.me/wp-content/uploads/

Really??? Please......Another Caitlyn he isn't and never will be. But Adele definitely has a powerful voice like him. And her new music broke all kinds of records after being gone 3 years. Can you imagine the records new Steve Perry music would break!!! :D

I don't think it will break any records. Maybe a top 20 debut in the Billboard 200
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:57 am

Once this album is released, Steve Perry and his band and Dennis DeYoung and his band should do a 20 -30 city tour.

Im' sure that Dennis could handle this, if Steve could, this tour if marketed properly could be HUGE!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Majestic » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:54 am

Aaron wrote:Man I hope it happens, man I hope it rocks, and please do not make it gay!

I actually hope it doesn't rock. I hope he does something that reflects where he is at these days and that makes the best of the changes in his voice over the years. Would love to hear him do something soulful.
Majestic
8 Track

Postby Archetype » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:59 am

Majestic wrote:
Aaron wrote:Man I hope it happens, man I hope it rocks, and please do not make it gay!

I actually hope it doesn't rock. I hope he does something that reflects where he is at these days and that makes the best of the changes in his voice over the years. Would love to hear him do something soulful.

Yep. I'd want to hear songs along the lines of "Still She Cries."
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby jrny84 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:00 am

Majestic wrote:

I really don't care what genre his album is, I am just thankful to finally hear his voice again. Whatever he puts out will be a reflection of where he's at in his life and will compliment his emotion and soulfulness that made him one of the greatest singers of all time.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:19 am

Wonderful news. I'll be looking forward to it.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Marabelle » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:43 am

I'm thinking I will simply fall in love with that voice all over again! Rough, sexy, smooth, soulful, sensual...incredible. It just is!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby portland » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:52 am

Good news....I'll take it :D
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:35 am

jrny84 wrote:
Majestic wrote:

I really don't care what genre his album is, I am just thankful to finally hear his voice again. Whatever he puts out will be a reflection of where he's at in his life and will compliment his emotion and soulfulness that made him one of the greatest singers of all time.

My feelings exactly!! I'll take anything he's got!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:34 am

jrny84 wrote:[I really don't care what genre his album is, I am just thankful to finally hear his voice again. Whatever he puts out will be a reflection of where he's at in his life and will compliment his emotion and soulfulness that made him one of the greatest singers of all time.

+ 1
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 am

If he does indeed release a new album, I hope that it Rocks. Although I doubt that it will, more than maybe a song or two.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey