Listen to the whole Santana IV album

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Listen to the whole Santana IV album

Postby steveo777 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:32 pm

While it lasts, the whole album. Scroll down to the NPR radio button.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/santana-iv-stream/
steveo777
MP3

Re: Listen to the whole Santana IV album

Postby schonfan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:46 pm

I never thought I would say this but....Schon has somehow lost the magic. Obviously i'm still a huge fan but he is just playing the same solo over and over for the last 10 years. Every song. Also please Neal cut out some of those effects. Its just a muddy mess. On the other hand Carlos sounds great on this album.
schonfan
Fresh Air

Postby schonfan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:51 pm

And somebody take that damn whammy bar from him
schonfan
Fresh Air

Postby Majestic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm

I found the track "Leave me alone" from the new album suddenly in my Amazon library and was pretty excited but hearing the whole album...what a treat! Thanks Steve!

Man, I thoroughly enjoyed that and all I can say is wow. What an album! I can't wait to own this!
Majestic
8 Track

Postby steveo777 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:07 pm

The musicianship on this album is amazing. I just ordered the CD, but the whole thing appeared in my Amazon app on my phone, as well.
I like this instrumental, just something nostalgic about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGIxtUVQmY
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 am

I bought it today. For 8 bucks, how can I refuse? It's clearly a passion project for Neal. I will dig into it on a long car ride soon.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:49 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I bought it today. For 8 bucks, how can I refuse? It's clearly a passion project for Neal. I will dig into it on a long car ride soon.

8 bucks? Where? Best Bite? Listened to the upload. So far, prettyfuckingood!!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:42 pm

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:I bought it today. For 8 bucks, how can I refuse? It's clearly a passion project for Neal. I will dig into it on a long car ride soon.

8 bucks? Where? Best Bite?

Yup.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby STORY_TELLER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 am

Just listened. GREAT album. Buying!
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sun May 22, 2016 10:29 am

This album is really good, and puts a smile on my face when I listen to it.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Mon May 23, 2016 3:02 pm

I have "Come As You Are" stuck in my head now. They have some catchy tunes here.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby DK23 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:04 am

Great album. Highlights are Yambu, Love Makes the World Go Round, Choo Choo/All Aboard, Blues Magic, Leave Me Alone, Come as You Are, and Forgiveness.
DK23
Ol' 78

Postby DK23 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:10 am

schonfan wrote:I never thought I would say this but....Schon has somehow lost the magic. Obviously i'm still a huge fan but he is just playing the same solo over and over for the last 10 years. Every song. Also please Neal cut out some of those effects. Its just a muddy mess. On the other hand Carlos sounds great on this album.

Agree. Neal doesn't sound that great; Carlos does. However, I think Schon has always struggled in songs (in studio and on stage) where he is coupled with another lead guitarist. Neal's style is that he extends and expands on a melody... when you play with another guitarist you are supposed to instead be exchanging punchy riffs. I think he explains it best here (9:30-10:00): https://youtu.be/euYZBsYZ-Yk?t=570

*Btw, this is from a listerner's perspective; I've never played guitar effectively*
DK23
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue May 24, 2016 12:00 pm

DK23 wrote:
schonfan wrote:I never thought I would say this but....Schon has somehow lost the magic. Obviously i'm still a huge fan but he is just playing the same solo over and over for the last 10 years. Every song. Also please Neal cut out some of those effects. Its just a muddy mess. On the other hand Carlos sounds great on this album.

Agree. Neal doesn't sound that great; Carlos does. However, I think Schon has always struggled in songs (in studio and on stage) where he is coupled with another lead guitarist. Neal's style is that he extends and expands on a melody... when you play with another guitarist you are supposed to instead be exchanging punchy riffs. I think he explains it best here (9:30-10:00): https://youtu.be/euYZBsYZ-Yk?t=570

*Btw, this is from a listerner's perspective; I've never played guitar effectively*

I think the contrast between Carlos and Neal works pretty well. Since their last collaboration, Neal has evolved as a player. Unlike "Everybody's Everything" where Neal was confused with Carlos, I think Neal and Carlos have two separate styles on the cd.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby yulog » Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Ugh, boring as hell.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:32 pm

yulog wrote:Ugh, boring as hell.

Well go fuck yourself then. We don't need that kind of negativity around here. ;)

I bet you listened to the first two instrumental tracks and picked up your toys and went home. lol

Go to YouTube and search:

Anywhere you want to go
Blues Magic
ChooChoo
Leave me alone

Anyway, your assessment doesn't compute. :)
steveo777
MP3

Return to Journey