Journey will be on Ellen on 05/11

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey will be on Ellen on 05/11

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun May 08, 2016 11:55 am

Set your Tivo. For those keeping track, this will be Smitty's first televised appearance with the band in ages.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Journey will be on Ellen on 05/11

Postby tj » Sun May 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Any predictions on what songs that they play? And will she ask about Perry?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun May 08, 2016 10:33 pm

I think they should surprise us all and play something NEW!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 am

According to my TV listings, "musical group Journey will perform their song 'Open Arms.' " :?

Last time they were on Ellen, they did two songs. Maybe they will do a NEW song as well. :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby FamilyMan » Mon May 09, 2016 9:47 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I think they should surprise us all and play something NEW!

Um… they have no new songs…. :(
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby tj » Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:I think they should surprise us all and play something NEW!

That we know of. I would like to think that they have something we haven't heard.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Yoda » Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Any exposure Journey can get is always welcomed, but I'm curious as to why Ellen booked them again? I mean, there's no new album to promote. The Arnel Pineda story is pretty much old news at this point. Maybe it really is to show case Smitty?
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Yoda
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 pm

FamilyMan wrote:

Privy to the inner-workings of the band, are you? Neal and Smitty could jam like on The Calling. Cain simply slaps some lyrics on that bitch and there ya go. Neal is always writing.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 10, 2016 12:32 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:

Privy to the inner-workings of the band, are you? Neal and Smitty could jam like on The Calling. Cain simply slaps some lyrics on that bitch and there ya go. Neal is always writing.

The Ellen audience is not interested in a jam or a relatively unknown song to the casual fan. They're interested in Faithfully, Open Arms, Lights and Don't Stop Believing. It's probably just an opportunity to promote their summer tour with The Doobies. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue May 10, 2016 12:43 am

Art Vandelay wrote:The Ellen audience is not interested in a jam or a relatively unknown song to the casual fan. They're interested in Faithfully, Open Arms, Lights and Don't Stop Believing. It's probably just an opportunity to promote their summer tour with The Doobies. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nobody on here truly believes that the band is going to debut something new. I said "I think" they should debut something new. It was wishful thinking on my part. Calm your cynical troll ass down. :roll:

And I still would say that Neal and Smitty are going to jam and create something while on tour.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 10, 2016 1:19 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:The Ellen audience is not interested in a jam or a relatively unknown song to the casual fan. They're interested in Faithfully, Open Arms, Lights and Don't Stop Believing. It's probably just an opportunity to promote their summer tour with The Doobies. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nobody on here truly believes that the band is going to debut something new. I said "I think" they should debut something new. It was wishful thinking on my part. Calm your cynical troll ass down. :roll:

And I still would say that Neal and Smitty are going to jam and create something while on tour.

Never thought of my posts as troll-like, but ok.

I agree, would be great to see the two of them jam together. The few Vortex videos that I've seen of them with Randy Jackson smoked. Could be fun to throw just a little of that into the set instead of having Vortex open the shows like they have in the past.
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Tue May 10, 2016 2:06 am

Please share some of the hash you're all smoking. Ellen's audience is completely comprised of women. There is no way they're on there to "jam" on a track from Vortex.
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 am

FamilyMan wrote:Please share some of the hash you're all smoking. Ellen's audience is completely comprised of women. There is no way they're on there to "jam" on a track from Vortex.

Re-read my earlier post...
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 am

Yoda wrote:Any exposure Journey can get is always welcomed, but I'm curious as to why Ellen booked them again? I mean, there's no new album to promote. The Arnel Pineda story is pretty much old news at this point. Maybe it really is to show case Smitty?

I'm curious too. I wonder why she is having them on there again???? I'm not complaining, its great exposure.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 am

FamilyMan wrote:Please share some of the hash you're all smoking. Ellen's audience is completely comprised of women. There is no way they're on there to "jam" on a track from Vortex.

And who said that? Seems to be some MAJOR reading comprehension issues on this forum lately. :?
FM- maybe too much bad hash fried the few brain cells you were born with....seems you are always piping up and always fucking clueless.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Tue May 10, 2016 3:58 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

And who said that? Seems to be some MAJOR reading comprehension issues on this forum lately. :?
FM- maybe too much bad hash fried the few brain cells you were born with....seems you are always piping up and always fucking clueless.

Wouldn't want to disappoint you, NC. Try as we might, we all can't spread the kind of sunshine you do.
:roll:
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby tj » Tue May 10, 2016 4:00 am

They are there to announce Perry rejoining the band. He will walk out from behind the curtain, women will pass out, Ellen will get a big boner, and they will tour for the remainder of the year. :D
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 am

Last time on Ellen, Journey performed a short-version of Separate Ways and After All These Years. Maybe they will pop out a fresh new ballad for all the women folk there. :D

(I wondered why they skipped a verse of Separate Ways. This time they are doing Open Arms, a much shorted song.)
JourneyHard
LP

Postby tj » Tue May 10, 2016 7:05 am

JourneyHard wrote:

(I wondered why they skipped a verse of Separate Ways. This time they are doing Open Arms, a much shorted song.)

Probably time constraints. A typical hour long show gives only about 40 minutes to actual content, the rest is commercials, credits and opening/closing sequences.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue May 10, 2016 10:28 am

tj wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:

Probably time constraints. A typical hour long show gives only about 40 minutes to actual content, the rest is commercials, credits and opening/closing sequences.

Does she still waste a couple of minutes of the show by dancing?
I haven't watched that show in years. Once she started increasing the propaganda aspect of the show, I stopped watching. Not that I was ever a truly regular viewer.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:00 am

PVR is set....I'll take anything I can get!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Thu May 12, 2016 2:01 am

scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 am

Like I said... just an opportunity to promote their summer tour with The Doobies. Nice performance, but nothing more, nothing less.
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 am

Hmmm. Not a lot of guys on Ellen.

;)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu May 12, 2016 6:51 am

Neal played more guitar on Open Arms than ever before. Get rid of the piano! Neal can play it all on guitar! :D
JourneyHard
LP

Postby Fact Finder » Thu May 12, 2016 6:58 am

Despite what others have heard lately I had no issue with Arnels voice on Ellen. Dude can bring it strong. I'm sure a live concert with all of the running and stuff that Arnel gets winded and maybe strains a bit on some things, but in that one song setting on Ellen it proves he still has "it". His voice s still there.

Yes it was a promotion for the tour that starts tomorrow, Journey provided 2 tickets to everyone in the audience to see a show, and management strategically placed an ad for the tour right before Ellen came back from commercial and brought out Journey. Smart business.

And not to sound queer, but damn Smitty is just cool as shit on the kit...Mr. Smooth, twirling his sticks on a ballad. 8)
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu May 12, 2016 8:41 am

Yeah, here in Cleveland they had a TV commercial that aired right after Journey performed that was for Journey's Cleveland show on 6/29. It did seem like they were trying to make a point in the commercial of letting you know that Smith is back in the band.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 am

scarab wrote:http://www.ellentv.com/videos/0-90wr5q1f/

Thanks for posting.
Wish Neal was able to let 'er rip more on that solo. Daytime TV constraints blow.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfan61 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:42 am

Arnel sounded great, and it was awesome to see Smitty there!! Too bad Neal's solo couldn't have lasted a bit longer.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby annie89509 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Agree ... Arnel sounded very strong, quite amazing, actually -- listened to it twice. They sure picked the perfect song to play in that small setting. And Neal added a little extra class with that short solo. Yeah, wished it had been longer.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Journey