http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/inde ... in_of.html
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Re: Cain Interview

Postby tj » Tue May 10, 2016 7:23 am

FamilyMan wrote:Apologies to Noble Cause if this has been posted before:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/inde ... in_of.html

Not much new there, though it's nice to see that Neal isn't the only one who gets the Perry reunion question. Jon's answer is consistent with Neal's, too.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby George_g888 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:58 am

On being inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame:
"I've heard from sources possibly next year, but it's possible they may snub us. It's all based on writers and critics."

Wouldn't that be something if they get inducted!
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 am

George_g888 wrote:On being inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame:
"I've heard from sources possibly next year, but it's possible they may snub us. It's all based on writers and critics."

Schon is saying the same thing (see below)

"I think there always has been an opening for us," Schon explained. "Basically Steve [Perry] has not wanted to do it. I think he probably wants to wait until he releases his solo record, which is supposed to come out this year and is probably why I'm hearing that we're supposed to get in this year."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... teve-perry
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby George_g888 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:43 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

"I think there always has been an opening for us," Schon explained. "Basically Steve [Perry] has not wanted to do it. I think he probably wants to wait until he releases his solo record, which is supposed to come out this year and is probably why I'm hearing that we're supposed to get in this year."

If they ever get inducted, I have a feeling Steve Perry is going to pull an Axl Rose/Peter Cetera and not show up. What a let down that will be
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby FamilyMan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:19 am

George_g888 wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

If they ever get inducted, I have a feeling Steve Perry is going to pull an Axl Rose/Peter Cetera and not show up. What a let down that will be

Perry showed up for the Walk of Fame, so I don't think he'd blow this off. But he will have demands, I'm sure, about a performance. The curious thing will be which lineup actually gets inducted.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby George_g888 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:37 am

I would think forsure the escape lineup gets inducted plus Gregg rolie. Idk if ansylay Dunbar would get inducted tho
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby tj » Wed May 11, 2016 2:31 am

George_g888 wrote:I would think forsure the escape lineup gets inducted plus Gregg rolie. Idk if ansylay Dunbar would get inducted tho

Agreed. Using Chicago as a recent example, Keith Howland has been playing with them for 20 years, but came on board after all of their hits, so he didn't get in.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 11, 2016 2:37 am

tj wrote:
George_g888 wrote:I would think forsure the escape lineup gets inducted plus Gregg rolie. Idk if ansylay Dunbar would get inducted tho

Agreed. Using Chicago as a recent example, Keith Howland has been playing with them for 20 years, but came on board after all of their hits, so he didn't get in.

I would say ESCAPE line-up + Gregg Rolie + Aynsley Dunbar...they were the creative force behind the classics. What about Herbie Herbert? Managers aren't usually part of the induction (as far as I know, at least), but he actually conceived the band and had creative input. More so than most band managers. Or at least he made it appear that way!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:42 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
tj wrote:

I would say ESCAPE line-up + Gregg Rolie + Aynsley Dunbar...they were the creative force behind the classics. What about Herbie Herbert? Managers aren't usually part of the induction (as far as I know, at least), but he actually conceived the band and had creative input. More so than most band managers. Or at least he made it appear that way!

I'm not saying I disagree, but I could see this being one of the situations where the band says either we put in who we want (and it's almost everyone, Augeri, Deen, & Arnel) or they thanks but no thanks... Or they get in, but don't play like Deep Purple, and say others should have been included. While RS would have their reasons for picking whomever, I am sure Neal on Jon would have rationale to add the others. Just my 2 cents.
marco17
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Fri May 13, 2016 6:47 am

The Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame are a bunch of jerks. They would probably induct Steve Perry, Neal Schon, Ross, Smith, and Gregg Rolie, and snub Jonathan Cain. :?
JourneyHard
LP

Postby Monker » Fri May 13, 2016 9:38 am

George_g888 wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

No way. If what Neal says is true, then the HOF is bending over backwards to make Perry happy. But, they will want a performance. So, everything from who gets inducted (probably only the Escape lineup, if it is up to Perry) to what songs, how many, and who performs....all of that will have to be OK'd by Perry.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Journey