Eclipse - 5 years

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby Monker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:23 pm

JourneyHard wrote:The title of the song is Anything Is Possible! So maybe it will pump up the fans! :D


Only if Arnel is replaced by Hans and Franz.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby Monker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:29 pm

tj wrote:
Monker wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Perhaps Journey needs to play AIP on this tour and we will find out if it gets the crowd pumped up.


LOL...yeah, that will last about two concerts. Nothing on Eclipse gets people 'pumped up'.


I gotta agree. Eclipse is something that hardcore fans can appreciate - at least some of them. Most of the crowd wants the hits and I gotta think many will walk out during AIP or anything else from the post ROR years.


I think they could get by playing "Higher Place", but that is about it. I saw "Higher Place" in every concert up until they replaced Augeri with JSS. In fact, I heard it on the radio all of those years, too. IMO, it would be a welcome addition to the live show...at least here it would be.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 am

Monker wrote:I think they could get by playing "Higher Place", but that is about it. I saw "Higher Place" in every concert up until they replaced Augeri with JSS. In fact, I heard it on the radio all of those years, too. IMO, it would be a welcome addition to the live show...at least here it would be.


The vast majority of concertgoers who know Arrival are the hardcore fans. That's it. Journey arguably can get by playing "After All These Years" because that had some mainstream airplay on nationally syndicated radio like Delilah. But a band of this longevity shouldn't be in a position of hand-wringing about "what they can or cannot play."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12418
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:55 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:I think they could get by playing "Higher Place", but that is about it. I saw "Higher Place" in every concert up until they replaced Augeri with JSS. In fact, I heard it on the radio all of those years, too. IMO, it would be a welcome addition to the live show...at least here it would be.


The vast majority of concertgoers who know Arrival are the hardcore fans. That's it. Journey arguably can get by playing "After All These Years" because that had some mainstream airplay on nationally syndicated radio like Delilah. But a band of this longevity shouldn't be in a position of hand-wringing about "what they can or cannot play."


It probably depends on where in the country you are. "Higher Place" was pretty popular here for years, it was on the radio and performed in every Augeri concert. It was played as much as any of the dozen hits.

"After All These Years" was an AC song....I never heard it (or any other Revelation song) on the radio. And, the couple times I have seen Arnel, the crowd noise practically drowned out any Eclipse/Revelation songs they did play.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Monker wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:I think they could get by playing "Higher Place", but that is about it. I saw "Higher Place" in every concert up until they replaced Augeri with JSS. In fact, I heard it on the radio all of those years, too. IMO, it would be a welcome addition to the live show...at least here it would be.


The vast majority of concertgoers who know Arrival are the hardcore fans. That's it. Journey arguably can get by playing "After All These Years" because that had some mainstream airplay on nationally syndicated radio like Delilah. But a band of this longevity shouldn't be in a position of hand-wringing about "what they can or cannot play."


It probably depends on where in the country you are. "Higher Place" was pretty popular here for years, it was on the radio and performed in every Augeri concert. It was played as much as any of the dozen hits.

"After All These Years" was an AC song....I never heard it (or any other Revelation song) on the radio. And, the couple times I have seen Arnel, the crowd noise practically drowned out any Eclipse/Revelation songs they did play.


I remember becoming aware of Higher Place from the Behind the Music episode. Me and my friends were still in denial of Perry no longer being with them, and had no interest in Arrival. When we saw BTM, we all said "well, that song's not bad." I even downloaded it to my iPod and still like it. To this day I haven't heard any other songs from Arrival.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:23 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:I couldn't possibly top Onestepper's comment. He absolutely nailed you.

What's all this about someone being nailed and being topped?
Why do all your posts read like one of your rejected Brokeback Bedtime Stories for Twink Monthly?

STORY_TELLER wrote:SO glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read his comment it would have shot out of my nose! I mean, seriously, where does one go from there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can’t shoot coffee out of your nose when it’s jam-packed with talcum powder and dirty ones snorted off the ass of a Chippendales B-squad dancer.

STORY_TELLER wrote:Again -- POST OF THE YEAR!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick your balls in a meat grinder and crank.


Oh! Ow! Ohhhhh!!! OMG! I've been dealt a mortal wound! Oh the weight of his brilliance is overwhelming! I don't think I can go on! Oh the pain!!! How can one compete with such a mind!?!! His words are so devastating! They're so....!

Oh wait --

Nobel's just doing a very bad Rockin Deano impersonation, isn't he? At least Deano was an original, (may he rest in peace), but this guy?? He's not even that good at it!

I have an idea:
I think Onestepper's oh so perfect comment needs to follow Nobel Cause wherever he goes. We should form a cut and paste army. I mean seriously, that comment just OWNED him. I still get the giggles reading it! Whenever Nobel become belligerent, we should just paste in Onesteppers comment in retort, again, and again, and again, and again. Do I have any takers?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:23 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:Oh! Ow! Ohhhhh!!! OMG! I've been dealt a mortal wound! Oh the weight of his brilliance is overwhelming! I don't think I can go on! Oh the pain!!! How can one compete with such a mind!?!! His words are so devastating! They're so....!

Sounds like you are in the last throes of chronic ass rabies after decades of using your sphincter as PVC piping for unvaccinated hamsters. Go with God. Just remember, first impressions are key, so refrain from reaching through the bars of the pearly gates to give St. Peter a tug job. I will inform next of kin you passed exactly as you wanted: on female hormones and selling stories out of the trunk of your ford pinto.

STORY_TELLER wrote:Oh wait --
Nobel's just doing a very bad Rockin Deano impersonation, isn't he? At least Deano was an original, (may he rest in peace), but this guy?? He's not even that good at it!

Been here looong before Deano. And I'll be around long after you lose Wi-Fi privileges at Starbucks for watching Teletubby porn on full volume in the gender-neutral restroom. Oh, the unspeakable acts of passion you would perform on that little yellow slut, Tinky Winky...if only your GPS parole anklet allowed you more than 100 feet outside your St. Petersburg "reformed" sex offender community...

STORY_TELLER wrote:I have an idea:
I think Onestepper's oh so perfect comment needs to follow Nobel Cause wherever he goes. We should form a cut and paste army. I mean seriously, that comment just OWNED him. I still get the giggles reading it! Whenever Nobel become belligerent, we should just paste in Onesteppers comment in retort, again, and again, and again, and again. Do I have any takers?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the smartest idea you’ve had since you started using Oxy Clean on your shit stained rainbow leggings. Stick to what you're good at – namely, twerking your buttcheeks against gloryholes while avoiding splinters – because it sure as fuck ain’t THIS. Rock vocalists who can't sing go to tape and posters who can’t post cut n paste.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12418
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 am

Art Vandelay wrote:To this day I haven't heard any other songs from Arrival.


It's a good album. Do yourself a favor and listen to it.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12418
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:39 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:To this day I haven't heard any other songs from Arrival.


It's a good album. Do yourself a favor and listen to it.


Will do. On the flip side, I've been playing the hell out of the new Santana CD.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Eclipse - 5 years

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:Oh! Ow! Ohhhhh!!! OMG! I've been dealt a mortal wound! Oh the weight of his brilliance is overwhelming! I don't think I can go on! Oh the pain!!! How can one compete with such a mind!?!! His words are so devastating! They're so....!

Sounds like you are in the last throes of chronic ass rabies after decades of using your sphincter as PVC piping for unvaccinated hamsters. Go with God. Just remember, first impressions are key, so refrain from reaching through the bars of the pearly gates to give St. Peter a tug job. I will inform next of kin you passed exactly as you wanted: on female hormones and selling stories out of the trunk of your ford pinto.

STORY_TELLER wrote:Oh wait --
Nobel's just doing a very bad Rockin Deano impersonation, isn't he? At least Deano was an original, (may he rest in peace), but this guy?? He's not even that good at it!

Been here looong before Deano. And I'll be around long after you lose Wi-Fi privileges at Starbucks for watching Teletubby porn on full volume in the gender-neutral restroom. Oh, the unspeakable acts of passion you would perform on that little yellow slut, Tinky Winky...if only your GPS parole anklet allowed you more than 100 feet outside your St. Petersburg "reformed" sex offender community...

STORY_TELLER wrote:I have an idea:
I think Onestepper's oh so perfect comment needs to follow Nobel Cause wherever he goes. We should form a cut and paste army. I mean seriously, that comment just OWNED him. I still get the giggles reading it! Whenever Nobel become belligerent, we should just paste in Onesteppers comment in retort, again, and again, and again, and again. Do I have any takers?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the smartest idea you’ve had since you started using Oxy Clean on your shit stained rainbow leggings. Stick to what you're good at – namely, twerking your buttcheeks against gloryholes while avoiding splinters – because it sure as fuck ain’t THIS. Rock vocalists who can't sing go to tape and posters who can’t post cut n paste.



OMG!!! YET ANOTHER vicious strike from the big brain! How does one live with oneself after suffering the brilliant onslaught from such a high brow being!??? Good lord, I am so HUMBLED! In fact, I must bow to his wisdom! I must bow to his --

Oh yeah, I forgot, just another Rockin Deano wannabe. And don't pretend you were doing his act before him. You're a weak copycat at best and you weren't even first in line to do so (saint john -- cough cough -- saint john --) :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Rock vocalists who can't sing go to tape...


Man oh man, what I could do with this statement -- but -- I won't because we need to keep this is about you and your belligerent bullying attitude.

Oh, and lest we forget, let us remind the readers who don't post on this board of the mantra which will follow you whenever you pull your belligerent poor mans version of Rockin Deano:

STORY_TELLER wrote:
Onestepper wrote:Your words alone make it clear your not interested in "discussion"...you're more interested in making someone "wrong".

There's nothing inconsistent with someone not enjoying a song, or the specific lyrics. If that's what you want to use as qualifier for enjoying the music, good for you. No one is stopping you.

As for the "safe space" comment, you come off like a spoiled brat around here. As if your word is the holy grail of Journey. You don't discuss with people...you work to try to make them wrong.

So it appears you are the one "scared". Scared that others might actually think differently than you. Imagine that...someone other than the "Noble Cause" actually can articulate a position, yet still respects someone's opinion that they just happen to disagree with.

Try not to shake in fear too much. You act like a scared teenager.


And again, it is still very much the POST OF THE YEAR! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onestepper, please take a bow!
User avatar
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Previous

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests